• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Subitai

Man, where is the shootout I was expecting...
Not Shiano is my only opinion atm lol. How about you?
Same. Also cross off James Franklin as more people will see this (from the Washington Post):

“I’ve been saying it for a long time, I will not hire an assistant coach until I’ve seen his wife,” Franklin said. “If she looks the part, and she’s a D-1 recruit, then you got a chance to get hired. That’s part of the deal.”

“There’s a very strong correlation between having the confidence, going up and talking to a woman, and being quick on your feet and having some personality and confidence and being fun and articulate, than it is walking into a high school and recruiting a kid and selling him.”
That just doesn't won't fly with certain boosters.

Anyway, I'd like someone who's shown they can prevail w/ less as no one is going to beat Meyer in recruiting.

Man, where is the shootout I was expecting...

Same. Also cross off James Franklin as more people will see this (from the Washington Post):

That just doesn't won't fly with certain boosters.

Anyway, I'd like someone who's shown they can prevail w/ less as no one is going to beat Meyer in recruiting.

I'm thinking Penn State might also want to avoid Franklin cause of that whole rape scandal that's been keeping him from getting other jobs.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What a wuss out on the hit. You aren't going to stop him at the one hitting him low.

Eh, I guess he had no real time to position himself with that huge hold on him.

bachikarn

Any chance of one of the ex nfl coaches going into college football, someone like mike shanahan would be good.

NFL coaches don't always make good college coaches (O'Brien at PSU was an exception). It's generally because success in college is more due to recruiting and development. In the NFL, players tend to be mature and fairly developed so they can focus on other stuff.

Also, in college, you can only practice 20 hours/week (NFL is unlimited) so it puts a huge importance on having simpler schemes so it's easier to teach college players. NFL is notorious for their numerous and complex schemes.

jakncoke

Banned
NFL coaches don't always make good college coaches (O'Brien at PSU was an exception). It's generally because success in college is more due to recruiting and development. In the NFL, players tend to be mature and fairly developed so they can focus on other stuff.

Also, in college, you can only practice 20 hours/week (NFL is unlimited) so it puts a huge importance on having simpler schemes so it's easier to teach college players. NFL is notorious for their numerous and complex schemes.

Pretty sure thats not accurate

Subitai

Let's hope the offenses stay hot.
I'm thinking Penn State might also want to avoid Franklin cause of that whole rape scandal that's been keeping him from getting other jobs.
Well, it has yet to be proven if a player showed him the video of the incident and then was told by Franklin to delete it.

His comments however were unfiltered on the record and he didn't apologize for the sentiment, just the way he said it. That to me is what negates giving him any chance to make his case in an interview.

Top Bottom