• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

831461254.gif

:lol Lou Holtz was freakin out!

Alabama was the most unjustly hyped team of the year.

What a colossal fail.

You know whats shocking?

With the playoff system, they would have played Auburn....(and lost).

And stamford would have played FSU (and lost)

Meaning the championship would be Auburn - FSU, and we would have been robbed from seeing these shams exposed.

Lolercoaster, only two of us picked Oklahoma?

And the other dude only put 3 points on it.

I felt 15 was low :/

Edit: Just noticed only 3 of us picked UCF as well.

Why would you pick Oklahoma? Did you not know they had a worse record than Bama? :?

Bama is the worst team in the country. They have a good record because they schedule 2nd division teams every other week.

No self-respecting human should ever pick them.

Only Auburn is worse.

cashman

Banned
You can add this to the :jnc combo :

Adam Schefter and 2 9.95 guys are saying that there is a real interest from UT to hire Jim Mora as the next coach.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't get to watch the game because Thursday game. Apparently Bama played appropriately, like a MAC team.

Losing to Big Game Bob and Blake freaking Bell, that's embarrassing.

Edit: Oh, no Bell, that's slightly better, maybe. I don't know anything about Knight.

Calamari41

41 > 38
You can add this to the :jnc combo :

Adam Schefter and 2 9.95 guys are saying that there is a real interest from UT to hire Jim Mora as the next coach.

As a Trojan, I would enjoy this very much. Not because I don't think that we can beat him (I do), but because 1) UCLA would go into full-on hysterical panic mode, and 2) they lucked out big-time in how Mora turned out for them, and I don't think lightning would hit twice. Basically, I want this to happen because it would be hilarious.

I don't see how he could turn it down if offered, either. Not just because UT could probably outright purchase the entire institution of UCLA with cash much less buy out the contract, but because there are a few jobs you don't turn down when offered and the head coach of UT is one of them. Going to Washington was a more or less lateral move. Going to UT is not.

andycapps

Bama is the worst team in the country. They have a good record because they schedule 2nd division teams every other week.

No self-respecting human should ever pick them.

Only Auburn is worse.

As much as I hate Bama and every other SEC team, you're ridiculous.

Posted that last night. Such a shame because now Paul Johnson may actually get the boot when he has to start a QB this year that Vad Lee outworked last year.

How many Sooner lifelongs are coming out of the woodwork now? And are mre and Lonestar still alive? Has Saban flown to Austin yet?

Limedust

My quick post-mortem:

Bama played contain against what was expected to be a mobile QB whose passing was suspect. Knight and his receivers took advantage of the main Bama weakness, and had a record day.

Bama had more passing and rushing yards, but had five turnovers compared to just one for OU. There is your game.

I don't think Alabama has a significant "schematic" problem, because...
- The RB's need work on ball security. How many red zone fumbles this year?
- The O-line just needs better coaching.
- We need a GOD-DAMNED FIELD GOAL KICKER in the worst way. I don't had Cade as a person, but he did not get his job done the last two games.
- The secondary will come along with some seasoning and talent infusion this off-season. Hasn't helped that virtually everyone has been a freshman, continuously injured, or both.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Basically, what Limedust said.

I'll add:

The game sucked, but it's better than being eaten alive by 120 dogs.

and some Alabama fans believe if we had a Cody/Jesse Williams type NT, we'd do better, and I'm not sure. More and more, we're losing outside contain (and just straight up having WR's run by the CB's). Not sure having an even bigger guy in the middle will change that, because teams (that aren't triple option) still don't run that well up the middle, with the smaller NT's we went with this year. Watching the smaller Brandon Ivory flub his way over to Knight on the Montana-Clark 2.0 pass sure makes me want an even larger human being out there.

I am also ready to be done with the Adrian Hubbard experiment. For someone that seems to have great measureables, he rarely shows up unless he screws up.

Schmitty

So, fellow CFB-GAF Penn Staters -- who do you want to be the new coach? Al Golden? Tom Bradley out of retirement?! Larry Johnson?

jakncoke

Banned
Between Baylor,bama,asu shitting the bed. My pickem is fucked. But hey at least now im mathematically locked in above jcx XD

So, fellow CFB-GAF Penn Staters -- who do you want to be the new coach? Al Golden? Tom Bradley out of retirement?! Larry Johnson?

I wouldnt be opposed to Larry Johnson

Schmitty

Between Baylor,bama,asu shitting the bed. My pickem is fucked. But hey at least now im mathematically locked in above jcx XD

I wouldnt be opposed to Larry Johnson

I feel the the same. These coaching changes are so confusing. We just need someone who wants to be at PSU with no NFL aspirations

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Everyone remember when Lane Kiffin helped Bama prepare their offense for the Sugar Bowl? Looks like he did his job well.
Wasn't Kiffin's fault. It was Nussmeir. Apparently the only throws left in his playbook are deep passes and wide receiver screens.

andycapps

Wasn't Kiffin's fault. It was Nussmeir. Apparently the only throws left in his playbook are deep passes and wide receiver screens.

Sounds like the complaints that a lot of people had about Mike Bobo in previous years. He's really turned it around and calls a good game now, maybe they should get together this offseason.

Draxal

Franklin is your best option, that fits what you guys want (offensive guru), obviously the rape thing isn't good, but it's a PSU tradition now !

The fact that there's a huge desire to have a "PSU guy" right now limits the potential hires by a good amount.

And fwiw's it was found out that PSU never sent a guy to Tampa to interview Schiano, it was apparently leaked by the Schiano camp so he wouldn't get fired by Tampa.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I honestly can't take the back and forth.

I want Charlie Strong. I want Charlie Strong very badly to be our HC.

After looking like he was a dark horse he emerged as the leading candidate this week and now all I hear about is Jim Mora.

BLARGH.

Hire Charlie Strong and lure away Clemsons OC.

Thanks.

Draxal

I honestly can't take the back and forth.

I want Charlie Strong. I want Charlie Strong very badly to be our HC.

After looking like he was a dark horse he emerged as the leading candidate this week and now all I hear about is Jim Mora.

BLARGH.

Hire Charlie Strong and lure away Clemsons OC.

Thanks.

Honestly, if you guys weren't head set on having head coaching experience, Chad Morris would be my number one pick for Texas.

Top Bottom