• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

cashman

Banned
Briles just made a pretty hard denial, so you can cross him off the list. Looks like we've got Strong, Fisher and Mora left.

As a Trojan, I would enjoy this very much. Not because I don't think that we can beat him (I do), but because 1) UCLA would go into full-on hysterical panic mode, and 2) they lucked out big-time in how Mora turned out for them, and I don't think lightning would hit twice. Basically, I want this to happen because it would be hilarious.

I don't see how he could turn it down if offered, either. Not just because UT could probably outright purchase the entire institution of UCLA with cash much less buy out the contract, but because there are a few jobs you don't turn down when offered and the head coach of UT is one of them. Going to Washington was a more or less lateral move. Going to UT is not.

And UCLA plays Texas next year.
F......

SI's Pete Thamel cites a source who said Auburn HC Gus Malzahn has told friends privately that coaching Texas is his dream job.
"If confronted with the choice between Auburn and Austin, it's a no-brainer move for Malzahn to bolt," Thamel writes. "The best job in the Big 12 is a much more stable place than The Plains, as even a play-caller of Malzahn's acumen isn't likely to make adjustments to historical trends." This adds an interesting wrinkle to the National Championship game. the article was written in early December, but the idea that Malzahn could be on Texas' radar stands.
Texas

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Texas needs to hire Malzahn or Fisher. Only way to put a positive ending to this season for me.

red-cross-tweetjpg-31797e4e896a1e95.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/red_cross_of_oklahoma_on_sugar.html

Subitai

So, fellow CFB-GAF Penn Staters -- who do you want to be the new coach? Al Golden? Tom Bradley out of retirement?! Larry Johnson?
I wouldn't be opposed to Larry Johnson either. I'd be good w/ Munchak too if the the Titans get rid of him.

I'd also give Greg Roman another look.

dabig2

Hope that video is good. At lunch and the cell signal here sucks so no video or pictures.

Pretty good. You have an extremely drunk, somewhat MILF-ish Bama chick doing a nice leap onto a group of people trying to get at this one kid. Gets in a few kicks to his head when she's restrained. Wish the uploader didn't put music over it as I wanted to hear the original audio for maximum hilarity.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Sounds like Strong might have accepted the Texas job.

Take it with a grain of salt of course, but announcement would be on Monday prior to the MNC to make sure Texas gets talked up prior to the game and at halftime.

cdyhybrid

Briles just made a pretty hard denial, so you can cross him off the list. Looks like we've got Strong, Fisher and Mora left.

Hard denial doesn't really mean anything, but I don't think it'll be Briles.

Sark said he hadn't even interviewed a few hours before he took the USC job.

Other coaching stuff from the Twitters:

James Franklin going to interview with PSU on Sunday (Stewart Mandel)

Paul Johnson is hoping GT buys him out (Bruce Feldman)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
;)

CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk 8m
South Carolina announces four to enter NFL draft: DE Jadeveon Clowney, DT Kelcy Quarles, CB Victor Hampton, WR Bruce Ellington

Watching the game at the bar tonight, so not sure if I'll be posting during it or not so ill get all my comments out of the way now:

Our defense fucking sucks
These corners are garbage
Carlos Hyde Beast Mode
Fuuuuuuuu Braxton why did you do that, i hate you!
Brax on Brax on Brax, I love you Braxton
Smoooooooooooth Jaaaaaaaazzzz
Fire Fickell
Urban looks like hes going to have another heart attack
Our WR cant catch
You know, Tajh Boyd almost came to OSU
Sammy Watkins /amcry
Yay we only lose by 14 points!

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 1h
Re: Paul Johnson, his $7.5 million buyout essentially takes any firing off the table. I don't expect a change there as things stand now.

Paul Hewitt was another GT coach that had a sweetheart deal, something like it always rolled over, which made firing him prohibitively expensive. Of course, they eventually did, but it cost them a pretty penny.

Zigzz14

I can't see moving from Tha U to Penn St in any case. Sideways move.

Franklin would be a good get.

Even though I hate Penn State having grown up here in Pennsylvania I can tell you I think its a much better job than the Miami job

Karakand

As a Trojan, I would enjoy this very much. Not because I don't think that we can beat him (I do), but because 1) UCLA would go into full-on hysterical panic mode, and 2) they lucked out big-time in how Mora turned out for them, and I don't think lightning would hit twice. Basically, I want this to happen because it would be hilarious.

I don't see how he could turn it down if offered, either. Not just because UT could probably outright purchase the entire institution of UCLA with cash much less buy out the contract, but because there are a few jobs you don't turn down when offered and the head coach of UT is one of them. Going to Washington was a more or less lateral move. Going to UT is not.

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1362687.html

Your prognostication is about as bad as the Trogan defense.

As expected, there are bullshit rumors swirling about Tress interviewing for the Browns HC job. (Thankfully the latest one has been retracted by the PD.)

And this time there's even an asinine fan video featuring a couple of 10-year-old girls pleading for the Browns to hire him.

Desperation breeds stupidity.

Top Bottom