• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
0HhxJUL.jpg

So after a two-year hiatus following a player's union instigated strike, college football is set to return for it's 2015 season.

ESPN's "Too early" Top 9 for next season:

1. TCU
2. OSU
3. Baylor
4. Notre Dame
5. Oregon
6. MSU
7. UCLA
8. Georgia
9. Clemson

Oh, and I suppose that during the strike, two teams of replacement players won championships. Most recently, the team from Ohio State University, the Bukeyes, beat the Oregano Ducks after blowing out an Alabama team comprised of frat boys with some level of football experience at their private high schools. So congrats to them, and we wish everyone all the luck in the world now that the players will be resuming their roles as the athlete-students we all know and love.

Lunar15

College Football Playoff 2015: This Time It Matters Even More Than That Last Time Where It Mattered More Than Ever Before. (Feat: Larry The Dr. Pepper Guy & Fall Out Boy)

KingGondo

Banned
WE'RE STILL THE REAL OSU FUCK THE HATERS.

Maurice Clarett U can have the acronym when they take it from us on the field.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Reposted here in the Roll Tahd Offseason topic

Ohio: where a 7 point win is a blow out.

Just because I hate myself, I checked the play by play:

Derek Henry's last carry in the 1st half is with about 3 or so minutes left in the 1st quarter (7 carries for 56 yards is his 1st quarter stats).

His next touch is around 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

If that doesn't make me retire Coach Kiffikens Avatar, I don't know what would.

Foosball is over is the reason

andycapps

Reposted here in the Roll Tahd Offseason topic

Just because I hate myself, I checked the play by play:

Derek Henry's last carry in the 1st half is with about 3 or so minutes left in the 1st quarter (7 carries for 56 yards is his 1st quarter stats).

His next touch is around 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

If that doesn't make me retire Coach Kiffikens Avatar, I don't know what would.

Foosball is over is the reason

I thought we'd gotten another Bama fan (like we need any more of you people), then I saw the username. About time you came to your senses and retired that awful avatar.

mre- I love that you posted the top 9 in the poll leaving out Bama.

mre said:
Ferentz is like an underachieving Mark Richt.

Let that sink in for a bit.

That just blew Enron's mind.

Congrats to the rest of BuckeyeGAF on a great, memorable season. I look forward to a fruitful few months of offseason talk in this thread.

See you in September.

So the next 7 months will be about recruiting wars.

Rivals 2015 recruiting rankings as of 1/13/15:

1.Alabama
2. FSU
3. USC
4. Clemson
5. Georgia
6. Tennessee
7. Ohio State
8. Texas A&M
9. Notre Dame
10. Penn State

Lonestar

So the next 7 months will be about recruiting wars.

Rivals 2015 recruiting rankings as of 1/13/15:

1.Alabama
2. FSU
3. USC
4. Clemson
5. Georgia
6. Tennessee
7. Ohio State
8. Texas A&M
9. Notre Dame
10. Penn State

Really only the next month. Then the countdown till player arrests start happening.

Bookmark this post: Inside 3 years, OSUn will have to find a new corch once Harbaugh runs off causes Heart Problems for Urban, who then backdoors his way into another cushy job with limited direct competition. I'm thinking Notre Dame.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Congrats to the OSU fans on the board. Thanks for putting the South back in its place like it's 1865 again.

I haven't been this excited for another season to get here since Callahan got fired! Hoping for an easy transition with the new coaching staff!

Draxal

Congrats to the OSU fans on the board. Thanks for putting the South back in its place like it's 1865 again.

I haven't been this excited for another season to get here since Callahan got fired! Hoping for an easy transition with the new coaching staff!

Did u watch Riley on the film room? I thought Vanderbilt's coach came off the best personally.

mre

Bama bringing in another class of 5* RBs and QBs to sit behind the 5* RBs and QBs that are already there.

The Koch Brothers really are responsible for everything bad.
Actually, Barnett will be our only 5* QB on the roster. And Harris will be the only person on the roster rated a 5* as a RB.

If you want some truly bizarro recruiting news, the top prospect in the state of Alabama for 2016 announced yesterday that he was reclassifying as a 2015 prospect after his high school received all of his transcripts from his Nigerian Highschool. Prince Tega Wanogho Jr.: http://247sports.com/Player/Prince-Tega-Wanogho-Jr--76487

Probably going to Auburn.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Did u watch Riley on the film room? I thought Vanderbilt's coach came off the best personally.

Riley definitely isn't ready for the broadcast booth. I watched most of the game on ESPN2,but I thought Vandy's coach was talking out of his ass, along with Mullen, a little too much. They were loving that spotlight, but I thought Narduzzi came off pretty well. Riley was downright boring with his analysis.

KingGondo

Banned
Actually, Barnett will be our only 5* QB on the roster. And Harris will be the only person on the roster rated a 5* as a RB.

If you want some truly bizarro recruiting news, the top prospect in the state of Alabama for 2016 announced yesterday that he was reclassifying as a 2015 prospect after his high school received all of his transcripts from his Nigerian Highschool. Prince Tega Wanogho Jr.: http://247sports.com/Player/Prince-Tega-Wanogho-Jr--76487

Probably going to Auburn.
Hyperbole on my part, but the fact remains that Bama pulls in more guys at those positions than can possibly play over a 4 year period.

The little sisters of the poor (read: us) would like one of those stud RBs please, Mr. Saban. You have lots to spare.

Lonestar

Hyperbole on my part, but the fact remains that Bama pulls in more guys at those positions than can possibly play over a 4 year period.

The little sisters of the poor (read: us) would like one of those stud RBs please, Mr. Saban. You have lots to spare.

Pfft, we give these guys 1 or 2 years of fantastic weight training and practice time, and unleash them with new teams (see Corey Grant, Dee Hart, Alvin Kamara, and soon to join them, Altee Tenpenny.)

KingGondo

Banned
Pfft, we give these guys 1 or 2 years of fantastic weight training and practice time, and unleash them with new teams (see Corey Grant, Dee Hart, Alvin Kamara, and soon to join them, Altee Tenpenny.)
We were in on Altee Tenpenny when he was in high school. Wonder if we still have a shot on the rebound.

mre

I'll eat my hat if this kid doesn't transfer this season: http://247sports.com/Player/Altee-Tenpenny-11893

Also, I'm not sure we really overstock QBs like you suggest we do:

2015 (1) Blake Barnett - 5*
2014 (2) David Cornwell - 4*, Jacob Coker (x-fer)
2013 (2) Cooper Bateman - 4*, Parker McLeod - 3* (already transferred out)
2012 (1) Alec Morris - 3*
2011 (1) Phillip Ely - 3* (transferred out)
2010 (2) Phillip Simms - 5* (transferred out), Blake Sims - 4* ATH
2009 (1) AJ McCarron - 4*

So, pretty much every year we've only signed 2 QB commits, with the exception of 2013. Blake Sims was recruited as an athlete/running back not as a QB.

The reason we took 2 in 2013 is because our QB depth was atrocious. We had: McCarron (Sr.), Sims (Jr.), and Morris (RS FR) on the roster as scholarship QBs.

Following the 2013 season, our QB depth was again thin because McLeod was looking to transfer out. This gave us: Sims (Sr.), Morris (So.) and Bateman (RS FR) as our only scholarship QBs.

We're only taking one QB this season, so, assuming no one transfers out, our depth chart will look like: Coker (Sr.), Morris (Jr.), Bateman (So.), Cornwell (RS Fr). and Barnett (TR FR). That's essentially 1 QB from each of the past 5 recruiting classes represented (counting 2015).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom