• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I was always under the impression that coaches themselves didn't actually fill those out. I have a feeling most of them get someone else to do it.

Dsyndrome

Notre Dame at 12... I know pre-season means shit all, but come on. Like they're asking for them to be shit on for being overated.

o9yuoctwqqvnfwbqzsyn.jpg

Oh my god

#dead

Balphon

I was thinking we should keep that thread alive throughout the offseason. Back to the OT Forum we go!

not

Can't we just split the difference and have you guys tell me my team is soft, runs a gimmick offense, and can't win big games?

We can also talk about Penn State and wasting tuition money on athletics if you want the full OT experience.

CENTURIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSS

Can't we just split the difference and have you guys tell me my team is soft, runs a gimmick offense, and can't win big games?

We can also talk about Penn State and wasting tuition money on athletics if you want the full OT experience.

No matter how many times you explain to Euro-GAF that athletic department funds are totally separate from Academics, they choose to believe otherwise. I think deep down they just wish their universities had popularized and established college sports. All they have are club sports really like cricket and hand ball.

Man, since we are in off season mode now, I was looking at recruiting and noticed Oregon State has only 11 recruits right now. 8 of them are 3 stars by Rivals and the rest are lower. That's a pretty awful class.

Wazzu meanwhile currently has the 6th best class by Rivals, that's incredibly good for the Cougits.

Man, since we are in off season mode now, I was looking at recruiting and noticed Oregon State has only 11 recruits right now. 8 of them are 3 stars by Rivals and the rest are lower. That's a pretty awful class.

Their coach just bolted to Nebraska last month, so I imagine that has something to do with it. New coach needs time to get his own class

Draxal

Wazzu meanwhile currently has the 6th best class by Rivals, that's incredibly good for the Cougits.

I don't trust rivals rankings.

It's what I tell myself when I cry myself to sleep

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

I am super excited to see what the Pirate comes up with next year at Wazzu. He has his offensive system in place, now just needs his defense to catch up and they could win 9 games next year.

Just got word I got some tickets for the bball game vs michigan tonight. The football team is likely to be honored. Gonna be awesome.

KingGondo

Banned
If you look back at their scores throughout the season, Ohio State's run in the final 3 games came out of nowhere.

31-24 @ Minnesota
42-27 vs. Indiana
42-28 vs. Michigan

then

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Cardale definitely deserves some credit for that.

ag-my001

If you look back at their scores throughout the season, Ohio State's run in the final 3 games came out of nowhere.

31-24 @ Minnesota
42-27 vs. Indiana
42-28 vs. Michigan

then

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Yes, he certainly stepped up on defense.

Probably wasn't a good idea for Cardale to on the record today as saying "I'm not ready for the level of play in the NFL yet", especially since he hasn't made a decision regarding declaring for the draft yet. That quote may haunt him if he declares next month, but then again he has recovered from a poor choice quote before. ( You know the one )

Draxal

31-24 @ Minnesota
42-27 vs. Indiana
42-28 vs. Michigan

then

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Weather is the bigger factor imho.

Their coach just bolted to Nebraska last month, so I imagine that has something to do with it. New coach needs time to get his own class

Right, I don't know if they had more before Riley bolted or if he was skipping on recruiting before he bolted. Not that Oregon State is a recruiting power house, but the numbers are especially bleak.

I don't trust rivals rankings.

It's what I tell myself when I cry myself to sleep

Scout.com has Oregon State with 10 recruits! Even worse!

I am super excited to see what the Pirate comes up with next year at Wazzu. He has his offensive system in place, now just needs his defense to catch up and they could win 9 games next year.

13 of their 24 recruits this year are defense, including several Juco guys that they'll probably expect to contribute early.

I dunno if I see 9 wins on this schedule though:

Sept. 5 - Portland State
Sept. 12 - at Rutgers
Sept. 19 - Wyoming
Sept. 26 - BYE
Oct. 3 - at California
Oct. 10 - at Oregon
Oct. 17 - Oregon State (Homecoming)
Oct. 24 - at Arizona
Oct. 31 - Stanford
Nov. 7 - Arizona State (Dad's Weekend)
Nov. 14 - at UCLA
Nov. 21 - Colorado
Nov. 27 - at Washington (Apple Cup)

Probably wasn't a good idea for Cardale to on the record today as saying "I'm not ready for the level of play in the NFL yet", especially since he hasn't made a decision regarding declaring for the draft yet. That quote may haunt him if he declares next month, but then again he has recovered from a poor choice quote before. ( You know the one )

I'm pretty sure he has until Thursday to declare anyway. Unless the date to declare isn't January 15th anymore.

ag-my001

Time for the way too early and overly optimistic picks for Texas A&M next year. These are based on hopes, dreams, and the earnest belief that the defense can't possibly play as poorly as last year.

Arizona State (Houston) - W
We typically do well in opening games, and Houston is a friendly "neutral" site.

Ball State - Home - W
So these Cardinal don't have a stupid tree, we'll beat them anyway.

Nevada - Home - W
They can be a dangerous team, but talent alone should let us put them away.

Arkansas - Jerryworld - W
Chavis earns his paycheck this week.

Mississippi State - Home - W
The Cowbells come back to earth this season. Competitive, but the Aggies prevail.

Bye

Alabama - Home - W
A sort of upset, it all comes down to Bama's new QB and if their secondary improves.

Ole Miss - Away - W
First true away game waits until late October. No Dr. Bo? No problem.

South Carolina - Home - W
Not sure the Ol' Ball Coach has much left in the tank.

Auburn - Home - L
Stupid pact with the devil.

Western Carolina - Home - W
66-3

Vanderbilt - Away - W
It's finally our turn to play Vandy!

LSU - Away - L
Late season loss in Death Valley dashes hopes of an SECW title and playoff slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom