• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobias

Banned
As a follow-up:

uy8RH72.png

Because Vegas has clearly established itself as a flawless prognosticator of Ohio State games.

Finebaum is a shameless SEC homer, but at least he's not a complete dumbass contrarian troll like Clay Travis.

Vegas is now placing odds on imaginary scenarios? That's pretty weird.

What kind of dirt does your shit school have on the NCAA?

threat of a defamation lawsuit worth billions? idk.

Actually, the NCAA restoring PSU's wins and removing sanctions kind of demonstrates that the NCAA was wrong to punish PSU in the first place. It may actually give PSU a good case to sue the NCAA for wrongful punishment, in their minds.

Ryuuroden

Actually, the NCAA restoring PSU's wins and removing sanctions kind of demonstrates that the NCAA was wrong to punish PSU in the first place. It may actually give PSU a good case to sue the NCAA for wrongful punishment, in their minds.

Kind of reminds me of the Ray Rice thing. NFL only gives him 2 games until shit blows up so they then completely ban him but have to take it all back because of legalities

NCAA punishes Penn State massively for crimes arguably outside their bounds to punish for in their rules. Does it using a bunch of questionable methods to force Penn State to accept them. Shit comes out latter and Penn State takes advantage. This is one of those areas where you want to punish them but really the crimes were up to the courts to punish, not the NCAA. I am sure there were areas such as fines that the NCAA had perfect legit authority to enforce on for this but I think they overstepped their bounds punishing student athletes. None of the sanctions actually punished the real criminals of the abuse case. It is a subject that gets a lot of visceral reaction and rightly so. You can't retroactively write rules and then retroactively enforce them.

Anways back to brighter topics,

One of the theories/ideas I have heard about the QB issue at OSU is that Miller may switch to a hybrid back/receiver position because he has already had multiple shoulder surgeries and injured the same arm multiple times even in non game situations that his QB future is actually pretty dim. That if he wants to have a true big money future in the NFL he should probably switch positions in college for his final year and raise his draft pick based on that and basically guarantee a NFL career. Then Cardale as a starter and JT as the backup.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuck Finebaum.

It's just perfect that right when SECPN really were putting in plans to do the SECN and then to do the Finebaum show is right when the SEC tanked.

It's guys like him specifically that the rest of the college landscape hates the SEC.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

It would only happen as a term in a settlement agreement.

Schmitty

So will they redesign the CFB Playoff logo and trophy for next year? It is still god awful. The trophy looked cheap as hell.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, LSU hired Kevin Steele, Alabama's LB coach, to fill it's DC spot.

I...I think this is where I laugh, right?

1. Won 9 games in just 4 years at Baylor, including 1 Big 12 game.
2. Served as DC for a 7-6 Alabama team in 2007, before being promptly demoted in 2008.
3. Spent three years as Clemson's DC, fielding a defense that averaged in the top 70 nationally. In his three years in the capacity, only one Clemson defense was worse than #100 nationally.
4. Returned to Bama as not-a-coach.
5. Coached LBers at Bama this year.

Only thing I've ever heard on him, and heard it less and less, was he was a good recruiter. Back in the day when he worked at FSU.

mre

Well, LSU hired Kevin Steele, Alabama's LB coach, to fill it's DC spot.

I...I think this is where I laugh, right?

Only thing I've ever heard on him, and heard it less and less, was he was a good recruiter. Back in the day when he worked at FSU.
Here's a fun question. Who was Clemson's DC when West Virginia dropped 70 on them?

Realization that we just beat the top 2 teams within 10 days is starting to sink in and how amazing this season was. For some reason the Bama win was a bit more satisfying to me, think it was just getting that SEC monkey off our back.

mre

Realization that we just beat the top 2 teams within 10 days is starting to sink in and how amazing this season was. For some reason the Bama win was a bit more satisfying to me, think it was just getting that SEC monkey off our back.
Sorry, chum. We're ranked #4.

As expected, the Ohio State-hating turds in the punch bowl (a.k.a. MAC school graduates) are starting to complain on Facebook about all of the Ohio State talk.

MIMIC

Banned

As I said to my friend at the bar last night: "Alabama was the championship game. Oregon was a formality."

But I guess it's that way all the time when the top seed is knocked out a round or two before the title game/match/whatever.

Balphon

Her?

Piggus & Oregon fans, how are you feeling about Helfrich? Just curious.

He's improving. The team looked better coached than last year: problems were addressed and corrected during the season instead of lingering. Similarly, the team improved as the season went on (title game not withstanding) rather than leveling off like they did last year.

He got out coached by Urban Meyer, but that isn't damning in the slightest. Getting us to the title game at all was a massive success, and is moreover as far as Chip ever got.

The real tests for him as a HC will be the next few years, but there are good reasons to be optimistic.

Kacar

The more I watch that 1st Elliott TD from the championship the more crazy it seems. Just crazy body control and burst.

For fellow OSU fans, the celebration party will take place on Jan 24th in the shoe. No time announced yet but guess it will be around 12-1ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom