• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Everyone I know that hates Notre Dame is bitter that we're not part of the Big 10 and have deals with NBC. Most of that stuff is because Dick Ebersol was head of NBC Sports forever, hell his son was in my class and is now dating Brittany Spears. We do wish the old days of Lou Holtz would come again and need to stay humble, but I hate that everyone writes us off because of the shitty game against Alabama.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Wow, I missed this gem last night. You really need a reality check. 7-5 would be the 2nd best season for Duke in the last 20 years. You haven't won a bowl game in over 50 years. You have beaten us twice in the last 20 years. Its cute that you try to talk smack to others but you really should remember how big of a joke your program actually is in the college football world.

Difference is I know that Duke football isn't relevant and yes, we would be thrilled to average 7 wins a season. We're also self aware to realize thats just above average, GT fans still think they're somebody, like 1990 was just a couple of years ago. GT also hasn't ignored their football program for the better part of two decades like Duke, and you're still an average team in an average division in an average conference. I don't think I'm the one that needs to know my place.

Truth is I really just hate Paul Johnson, I didn't care about GT one way or the other until he arrived. Bobby Cremins was awesome though, always liked him.

EDIT: I'm going to lay off GT though because I do love picking on their fans for how defensive they get about chop blocks, I really don't want anyone to think I actually hate them or their team, or they aren't welcome here.

andycapps

Heck of a rebound game for Georgia. Todd Gurley is officially a free man.

Everybody watching the Auburn or Notre Dame game? Or both?

Piano

Banned
Everyone I know that hates Notre Dame is bitter that we're not part of the Big 10 and have deals with NBC. Most of that stuff is because Dick Ebersol was head of NBC Sports forever, hell his son was in my class and is now dating Brittany Spears. We do wish the old days of Lou Holtz would come again and need to stay humble, but I hate that everyone writes us off because of the shitty game against Alabama.
Well ND's one loss this year is to a cupcake team.

Talon

You're still paying for this brutal stretch:
j3fGddA.png

Bama just added a 42nd nail to that coffin of perception.

Pimpwerx

Bitter? There are lots of fans of lots of schools who've had way more to be pleased with over the last decade than ND. The NBC deal is more hilarious than anything. I don't know the last time I turned to NBC for a college football game. CBS and ESPN carry the teams that actually matter.

The hate for ND is that they have been a bad team for nearly 20 years now. Not so-so or average, a bad program. I'll probably get quoted records, but beating crappy teams every year doesn't make a bad program good. They've been bad for long, yet have been ranked to start the season most of those years. I'd love to see someone tally the team that has lost the most cummulative Top25 positions over the last decade. I feel ND leads that stat by a comfortable margin. Overrated and undeserving. That's my admittedly fanboy opinion on it.

tl;dr: Serious sports beef. PEACE.

Karl2177

Welp. We are starting Rohach and Kansas already scored a TD. Thank God we won't have to worry about Rhoads next season.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Heck of a rebound game for Georgia. Todd Gurley is officially a free man.

Everybody watching the Auburn or Notre Dame game? Or both?

Neither

Significant Other is sick, and I have to run out and grab her meds.

Gonna try and catch the 2nd half of whatever is close.

Bitter? There are lots of fans of lots of schools who've had way more to be pleased with over the last decade than ND. The NBC deal is more hilarious than anything. I don't know the last time I turned to NBC for a college football game. CBS and ESPN carry the teams that actually matter.

The hate for ND is that they have been a bad team for nearly 20 years now. Not so-so or average, a bad program. I'll probably get quoted records, but beating crappy teams every year doesn't make a bad program good. They've been bad for long, yet have been ranked to start the season most of those years. I'd love to see someone tally the team that has lost the most cummulative Top25 positions over the last decade. I feel ND leads that stat by a comfortable margin. Overrated and undeserving. That's my admittedly fanboy opinion on it.

It's really this. And the fact that ND fans think they should always be in the top ten because they invented the forward pass.

Dsyndrome

We've had shitty coaches ever since Lou got forced out, I hated staying at most games during the 3 coaches that were there in my time (Bob Davie, George O'leary for <30 days, Ty Willingham). We do wish we got Urban Meyer during that time, I'm happy with Kelly though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'd love to see someone tally the team that has lost the most cummulative Top25 positions over the last decade. I feel ND leads that stat by a comfortable margin. Overrated and undeserving. That's my admittedly fanboy opinion on it.

Florida has finished worse post season over their preseason rank over the last 25 years than Nd.

http://sportsimplified.com/?p=1399

Though his methodology here doesn't punish a completely terrible team because finishing outside of the top 25 is counted as rank 30.

MaGlock

I do believe it's all about coaching. Kelly is starting to get top talent in recruiting that fit his system. I'd say that's more to look forward to now then at any point in the last decade.

Pimpwerx

I've seen this joke used for a basketball player before, but it applies here too. The password to Golson's ball security is 1234. This dude ...

HOLY SHIT @ that grab. Wow. PEACE.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I said decade, didn't I? LOL! Who leads that stat? PEACE.

You said ND has sucked for nearly 20 years and this was the article I saw recently.

Looking at another spreadsheet, ND is near the bottom, but so is FSU and UF.

All three teams constantly benefit from generously high preseason expectations, same with USC.

Pimpwerx

You said ND has sucked for nearly 20 years and this was the article I saw recently.

Looking at another spreadsheet, ND is near the bottom, but so is FSU and UF.

All three teams constantly benefit from generously high preseason expectations, same with USC.

Ha. I asked for the Top25 cumm over the last decade, because I was kinda iffy about going back the full 20 years. I worded it the way I did so I had an escape clause. I win! PEACE.

P.S. I hate you. :p

Pimpwerx

I think everyone saw him cross the goal line there, except for the ref with the best view of it, who had him down at the half yard line. WTF was that guy watching? PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom