• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Will Baylor climb above TCU if they win as they've beaten both Tcu and oklahoma

TCU and Baylor still both have Kansas State on their schedules. Those two games will likely be the ultimate factor in who ends up ranked where. Everything else that's not a loss is just jockeying.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hated giving up the late field goal before half, but overall GT on pace to score over 50 points. So we are good!

Fuck GT, their sourpuss coach, their chop blocking line, and their chop block lovin' fans. Have fun being the perennial 7-5 team that you think qualifies as success.
Wow, I missed this gem last night. You really need a reality check. 7-5 would be the 2nd best season for Duke in the last 20 years. You haven't won a bowl game in over 50 years. You have beaten us twice in the last 20 years. Its cute that you try to talk smack to others but you really should remember how big of a joke your program actually is in the college football world.

Both Wisconsin and Nebraska struggling against Purdue... Hopefully next week's matchup won't prove to be a Big Ten blunder.

jakncoke

Banned
lol drop

Also earlier today i was looking at the standings after today there could be 19 or 20 teams out of it. Is there going to be enough teams for bowls or they going to have to get into the exempts

wow way off should of punted.

Duke providing their reliable 4th quarter drama.

Minnesota is looking good in their game, but the score is equal parts Iowa imploding on both offense and defense.

Pimpwerx

Today we are all Arizone State fans. Awful state, but they need to win today for the sport of football.

Think he meant the win in the bowl game last year.

On the other hand Oklahoma missing Sterling Shepard

Ah, ok. I thought the 2002 win was bigger, so figured he was referencing that. Personally, I think that first championship was a fluke. He's never fielded a roster anywhere close to that one in the years since. That defense was filthy. PEACE.

squicken

Think he meant the win in the bowl game last year.

On the other hand Oklahoma missing Sterling Shepard

Yeah, that's what I meant. I felt like the program was on a slide ever since the loss to Florida in the National Championship game. Everyone got fooled in to thinking that things were changing with the way the Sugar Bowl went last year. OU's defense was great and Knight looked like a star vs all of that NFL talent that Bama had

Today we are all Arizone State fans. Awful state, but they need to win today for the sport of football.

Ah, ok. I thought the 2002 win was bigger, so figured he was referencing that. Personally, I think that first championship was a fluke. He's never fielded a roster anywhere close to that one in the years since. That defense was filthy. PEACE.

I only started watching American football 3 years ago and that was the only Oklahoma win over bama I know that's what came to my mind which is why I knew what he was talking about.

Pimpwerx

What happened to Knight? I haven't seen them run a replay or anything. Only saw the play live.
Got sandwiched by 3 guys while falling down. Was trying to get up, but couldn't really move his limbs. His left shoulder, in particular, wasn't moving at all. I didn't see his left arm move. His legs moved though, and he motioned at the end with his right arm. Brutal hit, but I can't say it was dirty.

Honestly though, why do people hate Notre Dame so much?

Because reasons? PEACE.

Talon

1. Extremely long history of a holier than thou fanbase when they play the same nasty game as everyone else.
2. Rudy Rudy Rudy
3. Team gets trounced in major bowl games year-after-year.
4. Alumni hold the university in much higher esteem than its current academic standing.

jakncoke

Banned
Sad that this win is what brings me happiness, how far have fallen. Also nice we held Coleman pretty damn well i must say.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

A lot of it has to do with them holding so much sway over CFB over the years while also being independent and not conference affiliated.

It also didn't help that they tended to get blwon blown out in big games yet fans/voters treated them like it's ND of 30-40 years ago.

That being said I think the longer time has gone on the less real hate for reasons and more hate just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom