• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesways

7upspot.gif

Hope you enjoyed your year on top, Sparty.

So Bertram, who you thinking? Wis? Mn? Neb? Probably Neb?

Talon

Oregon's achilles has been O-line for years now.. they need to recruit that better... but no.. keep on stacking up on RBs... but then again.. it's a tough offense to O-line for.. with all crazy run plays they do.. but still they've been especially terrible this year... and it already cost them once.. and honestly it's the one reason I don't personally rank this Oregon team very high.. they have a soft secondary and a weak o-line.. both which can be exploited.. and when you get Oregon as "just" a run team.. they can be beaten.
What the hell are you talking about? The offensive line was expected to be a strength coming into the season, but they lost 2 OTs and have suffered injuries at every position among the offensive line. Not much you can do when you're effectively one team down at a position.

This offense didn't hit its real stride until the Stanford game, but the defense sort of stinks - even with how well they played in the second half against Stanford. Not to mention that they lack a down the field offensive threat in the passing game.

It's going to require a couple super human efforts from Mariota for them in the post season.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE JESUS! PRAISE HIM!

xeris

7upspot.gif

Hope you enjoyed your year on top, Sparty.

Eh, y'know I can't even be mad. Couldn't pick against my team in the pick em, but it ended about like I expected. Honestly, we would have been destroyed in the playoffs. Hurts that we can't get the B1G championship but ah well. Just praying to the gods that we do well in our bowl.

george_us

Motherfuckin' JT Barrett! Amazing game by him. And Devin Smith finally showed up for a big game. Defense still terrifies me although MSU is, by far, the best offense in the league.

Chumly

But it's"after the play."

If it was considered during the play then the 1st down itself would be invalidated.
Yes but the next set of downs hasn't started which is why it's a first down but then moved back. Then you officially start the next set of downs.

Chris R

Holy shit at the Utah/Oregon play.

If I were a player/coach I'd make sure the players TOUCHED THE BALL DOWN in the ENDZONE EACH AND EVERY single time.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
LSU isn't scoring with our shitastic offense. Thanks for the 15 yarder, Alexander, the decision to squib it, and Domingue for fucking it up.

Jamesways

At this point, definitely Nebraska.

But you never know with them.

Very up in the air IMO too.
Going to be a fun couple of weeks.

Regardless, I think you guys have a great shot against any of them. I'd love to see Wisc in there and pray for anything but a hail mary loss, but who knows at this point.

Living in Mpls, I'd be happy to see Mn at least get there. Have a feeling you guys are going to pound them next week.

Branduil

Why is this hard to understand? It's a play that happened after the chains are moved. So it's 1st and 10 regardless. If it was a penalty where the chains aren't moved, then the 15 yards gets tacked the current down and distance.

But why is the penalty lessened just because of the circumstances beforehand? If it happened on 2nd down the penalty would be added to the down distance.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Motherfuckin' JT Barrett! Amazing game by him. And Devin Smith finally showed up for a big game. Defense still terrifies me although MSU is, by far, the best offense in the league.

By far the best offense? They are probably the best, but tOSU and Nebraska are not far behind.

and LSU is straight up losing this game...

Talon

But why is the penalty lessened just because of the circumstances beforehand? If it happened on 2nd down the penalty would be added to the down distance.
How is this not obvious? He gained a first down, so the chains move. He didn't gain a first down, then it's added to the down and distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom