• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The calls for Ohio State to be in the top 4 have begun from my Ohio State fan friends on Twitter.

I'm tempted to tell them why it's not going to happen but they're gloating too much about how they're superior to Oregon right now.

Draconian

I'm not missing it, I'm questioning why it matters. You get the 1st down. Okay, it's 1st and 10. And then the penalty happens after the play. So logically and consistently, it should be 1st and 25 like with the same penalty on any other down.

Except the penalty was a dead ball one and didn't take place on any down. That's the difference.

Talon

I'm not missing it, I'm questioning why it matters. You get the 1st down. Okay, it's 1st and 10. And then the penalty happens after the play. So logically and consistently, it should be 1st and 25 like with the same penalty on any other down.
You're just wrong here. The conversion stands on its own. A 1st down conversion is unique from the other downs.

Branduil

You're just wrong here. The conversion stands on its own. A 1st down conversion is unique from the other downs.

What am I wrong about? Why should a team be punished less for committing a personal foul after gaining a 1st down versus other plays?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Really hope Auburn rolls LSU.

Oops, already did.

I don't even understand what you are trying to say here, because it seems to simply be a statement of support for Auburn and completely unrelated to Bama.

Are you or are you not a War Eagle fan?

1. MSU
2. FSU
3. Oregon (assuming they win at Utah)
4. Alabama
5. TCU
6. ASU
7. tOSU
8. Auburn
9. Ole Miss
10. Baylor

Although I could see Auburn in front of tOSU.

TCU absolutely deserves to be in the #4 spot over Bama. TCU dominated tonight. Bama was lucky to win at all.

Let's hold that TCU is above Alabama right now. It doesn't matter. For Alabama to be in the playoff, they have to win out. If they win out, they'll definitely be top 4, no matter what happens to anybody else.

MrJames

LESFACE.0.gif

A win's a win, though. Otherwise, FSU would not even be in the top 4 despite being undefeated.

A win is a win, yeah. But TCU and Bama have the same record, so "a win is a win" doesn't matter. You have to look at the quality of the wins and losses. LSU was in control of that game until the very end, even Saban acknowledged that. You can't act like the first 58 minutes are irrelevant and only look at the last two. TCU dominated the #7 team in the country for the entirety of that game.

cajunator

Banned
LSU fans are melting down enough to fill a whole month worth of Meltdowns.

Lsu fans expected this outcome. Alabama is a more complete team.
this game isnt actually worth a meltdown. It wasnt going to get the team anywhere except to beat Alabama.

I think TCUs body of work is better than Bama's. If the committee is using the criteria they claim to be using, TCU should be ahead.

Don't necessarily disagree, but the quality of TCU's marquee wins is rapidly deteriorating and they don't have a championship game which Alabama can still participate in if they win out.

And given SEC >>> Big 12, I think it's fairly reasonable to have Bama ahead of TCU.

A win is a win, yeah. But TCU and Bama have the same record, so "a win is a win" doesn't matter. You have to look at the quality of the wins and losses. LSU was in control of that game until the very end, even Saban acknowledged that. You can't act like the first 58 minutes are irrelevant and only look at the last two. TCU dominated the #7 team in the country for the entirety of that game.

Alabama is 5 right now, TCU is 6. Auburn (3) lost. Either Alabama or Mississippi State (1) will lose next week. TCU doesn't need to worry as long as they continue to win. Similarly, Alabama only needs to worry about their own level of play. The top 4 will sort itself out, there's still 3 weeks left, plus CCGs (for 4 of the 5 conferences), and the top of the SECW is going to continue to bloody itself. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom