• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
UAB was the first game I ever went to at FSU. I think we won. Chris Rix as a freshman, such an impressive specimen.

These are the ACC champions going back to 2001

2001 Maryland 10-2
2002 FSU 9-5
2003 FSU 10-3
2004 Virginia Tech 10-3
2005 FSU 8-5
2006 Wake Forest 11-3
2007 Virginia Tech 11-3
2008 Virginia Tech 10-4
2009 NO CHAMPION BECAUSE CHOP BLOCK U VACATED
2010 Virginia Tech 11-3
2011 Clemson 10-4
2012 FSU 12-2
2013 FSU 14-0

These are the teams that should get an automatic bid to an 8 team playoff? Forget that. Keep in mind most of these teams got embarrassed in the BCS game they were invited to. Winning a conference doesn't mean you're good. Those 3 and 4 and sometimes 5 losses mean you're not ready to play for a championship.

No automatic bids. Go undefeated, you'll be in, don't worry about it. Lose a game or two, stand in line.

Yet there are schools in your division already that sell about the same amount of tickets a game as FCS schools. So you kind of already are in a conference like Montana St. NDSU, Montana, James Madison and others.

I mean, UNLV, Wyoming, Western Kentucky, UAB, Tulsa, UMass, Idaho, Kent St., Louisiana Monroe and Tech, SMU, South Alabama, Akron, Ball St., Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Miami Ohio, Middle Tennessee, New Mexico St., Northern Illinois, Rice, and San Jose St. All have the same average attendance as the top FCS schools.

There are 27 teams in FBS that have attendance similar to the top FCS teams.
So why bring us down versus put them in a lower division? There are schools in major conferences that lag behind the top of the rest of the 5 conferences too.

Again, as a program, the schools I listed have little to do with the long list you posted. Even if some schools in my conference are having down years and fans are not showing up as a result.

Edit: And in other news, UCF blows out Tulsa tonight and becomes bowl eligible. I remember in the past a rebuilding year meant a solid 4 wins at most. 7th bowl year in 11 seasons, all under O'Leary.

AntoneM

So why bring us down versus put them in a lower division? There are schools in major conferences that lag behind the top of the rest of the 5 conferences too.

Again, as a program, the schools I listed have little to do with the long list you posted. Even if some schools in my conference are having down years and fans are not showing up as a result.

Edit: And in other news, UCF blows out Tulsa tonight and becomes bowl eligible. I remember in the past a rebuilding year meant a solid 4 wins at most. 7th bowl year in 11 seasons, all under O'Leary.
I'm not advocating for it. The reality is that the power five conferences already call the shots in the FBS and the chances of any team outside the Power 5 getting into the 4 team playoff are already 0%. You think that when the 4 team playoff agreement expires they are going to be forced by the NCAA to invite anyone else? Nope, they are going to tell the NCAA what to do or split off; and the NCAA isn't going to stand up for the AAC or Mountain West if it means the B1G, SEC, Pac12, Big 12, and ACC form their own football association.

That's how it is. I don't like it, but, that's where we are right now. What I'm saying is you can play for a bowl game but never a championship, or you can play for a championship at a "lower level".

Georgia Tech by 10 chop blocks
Duke by 8
North Carolina by 5
Mississippi State by 8
Wisconsin by 9
Arizona by 14
Utah by 10
Georgia by 6
Texas by 4
Miami by 5
LSU by 17

The Oakland Raiders probably have more 5 star recruits then Miss State.

Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 4
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 5
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 4
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 10
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 6
Washington @ Arizona by 9
Utah @ Stanford by 9
Auburn @ Georgia by 4
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 4
Florida State @ Miami by 4
LSU @ Arkansas by 4

Enron

Banned
So Sumlin declares Allen is the starter at QB the rest of the way.

Wonder where Kenny Hill is going to end up since he's done at A&M

Well, the best he's done is "Letter to Larry," he won some awards for that for whoever does awards for short form films or something. The scary thing is that Martin is a student there, and I hope they can keep him doing these videos after he graduates.

hah, no chance. These hype videos are one hell of a resume.

Jhriad

Virginia Tech @ Duke by 4
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 7
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 4
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 11
Washington @ Arizona by 11
Utah @ Stanford by 6
Auburn @ Georgia by 4
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 7
LSU @ Arkansas by 7

Kacar

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by X damn it
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 7
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 6
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 10
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 4
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 1
Washington @ Arizona by 3
Utah @ Stanford by 10
Auburn @ Georgia by 13
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 1
Florida State @ Miami by 1
LSU @ Arkansas by 6

Enfinit

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

Virginia Tech @ Duke by 4
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 4
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 7
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 6
Washington @ Arizona by 12
Utah @ Stanford by 4
Auburn @ Georgia by 4
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 4
LSU @ Arkansas by 4[/QUOTE]

Missed the Thursday night game. Ah well.

Go Noles, can't wait to get shit on tonight. The only thing worse than getting beat by Miami is every world war.

Draconian

Virginia Tech @ Duke by 6
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 3
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 3
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 7
Washington @ Arizona by 4
Utah @ Stanford by 3
Auburn @ Georgia by 7
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 9
Florida State @ Miami by 14
LSU @ Arkansas by 3

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Fuck Miami.

Anyone else feel Muschamp easily survives this offseason? Starting Treon solved a third of the issues with him and he will get one more season.

Jamesways

Go Golfers!

I said the Gophers, not Golfers!

And gald I'm not outside at the game today. Darn cold in Mpls today. 1-3 inches of snow and wind to pick up later.

pxleyes

Banned
Goodbye, Mr. Orange and Blue. You were awesome.
120922_MrOrangeandBlue_0000_TimCaseyTN.jpg

Jamesways

Maybe now Pasch and Griese will stop acting like Columbus is in the tropics.

No kidding! Chuckling at the Leidner comment "But then again, he's a MN boy, used to the cold".

Edit- This game is not going to be close at all. Not sure what the announcers are talking about.

Kacar

Booooooosa!

Edit: Also I assume Urban was standing right there and visually saw his foot going out. Still only 5 yards, didn't have a really good camera angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom