• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Just jumped on after grocery shopping and the embarrassing ND loss... How much fucking shakeup is gonna happen tonight? Also, I'm a nice ND guy too, just don't post that often I guess.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Auburn's on the Karma Tour

No call horse collar on Manziel last year in tight game with a&m
Fluke Hail Mary on Georgia

We best do our part...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Uh, Boston absolutely is.

Have you ever been to a real college town?

South Bend, Indiana is a college town. Clemson, South Carolina is a college town. Auburn, Alabama is a college town. Gainesville, FL is a college town. Athens, GA is a college town. Starkville, Mississippi is a college town.

Not college towns include Dallas, Boston, Miami, Atlanta, LA, Seattle ect...

The difference between the two lists should be obvious for anyone with a brain smart enough to get into college.

Enron

Banned
Have you ever been to a real college town?

South Bend, Indiana is a college town. Clemson, South Carolina is a college town. Auburn, Alabama is a college town. Gainesville, FL is a college town. Athens, GA is a college town. Starkville, Mississippi is a college town.

Not college towns include Dallas, Boston, Miami, Atlanta, LA, Seattle ect...

The difference between the two lists should be obvious for anyone with a brain smart enough to get into college.

someone asked what large metro areas are big college towns. I think Atlanta definitely counts....though its not a college town like Athens or Gainesville or some smaller city where 1 university dominates life, Atlanta is CRAZY for college football and is filled with Bama, Auburn, UGA, South Carolina, Tennessee, etc alumni. Hell we got the College Football Hall of Fame!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
someone asked what large metro areas are big college towns. I think Atlanta definitely counts....though its not a college town like Athens or Gainesville or some smaller city where 1 university dominates life, Atlanta is CRAZY for college football and is filled with Bama, Auburn, UGA, South Carolina, Tennessee, etc alumni. Hell we got the College Football Hall of Fame!

That's fundamentally not what a college town is though. Just because it's a town where people like CFB you don't call it a college town because that already has a different meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom