• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
pPT7ICF.jpg

cashman

Banned
Dallas? Seattle? That's all I can think of. I think it has more to do with cities not having room for the kinds of big land grant universities that support huge student populations and fanbases.

Dallas is definitely not a big college town. It's like the only major city in the south that isn't. Atlanta would be a better answer, and Austin too if you consider it big enough.

Texas has some crazy voodoo they use to magic their way into wins against us. I've never had a bad experience with your fans though. That's saying something since I live in Texas. Texas Tech on the other hand seems like it's just a bunch of drunken louts. Easy to ignore though.

heh fair enough, after Gilbert did it I knew there had to be some sort of curse on Nebraska. I've always thought all nebraska fans hated UT after all the Big XII stuff that went down.

A college town is one where the atmosphere and spirit of the town changes noticeably during the summer when kids aren't in school. In Dallas you wouldn't notice, in Austin you would

HeySeuss

Lol @Notre Dame. I know I'm late to the party but I've been working all day.

Also it doesn't matter how many points Miami puts up this half, Winston will violate their defense in the second and run away with it.

Lol @Notre Dame. I know I'm late to the party but I've been working all day.

Also it doesn't matter how many points Miami puts up this half, Winston will violate their defense in the second and run away with it.

Aside from that run, Winston and the FSU offense has not violated anything.

Wow, Auburn is getting exposed. Is this enough to bring Georgia back in the top 10?

Jhriad

heh fair enough, after Gilbert did it I knew there had to be some sort of curse on Nebraska. I've always thought all nebraska fans hated UT after all the Big XII stuff that went down.

I didn't like how much influence UT had over the Big 12 and how every school other than Nebraska catered to their every whim. Doesn't mean I really held any animosity against the team or fans. It was definitely one of the big reasons we wanted to leave though. If Texas hadn't kept trying to push their own agenda and had been more concerned with the health of the Big 12 it's likely that Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and A&M would still be there. Heck, we might have been able to extend the footprint some with the addition of a couple teams.

Pimpwerx

Just tuned into the Noles-Canes game. I'm not really surprised by the score, but wtf happened?

Also, Notre Dame lost? LOL. That somehow takes the sting of failure off today's Gators outing. PEACE.

cashman

Banned
What does this mean? I've searched probably 5 times over the years whenever it bothered me at the time and I can't find the meaning, just abbreviations for organizations.

The forum formally had smilies, the code being :lol

The forum admins removed the smileys as they felt the smileys were being abused and obstructing good discussion. The main abuser of the smiley was frequent NFL GAF poster jakncoke. When the smileys were removed, an animated gif of the Seahwawks logo laughing was created, and since jakncoke was a huge Seahawks fan, instead of just posting the gif, members took to using :jnc as a stand in for the lost smiley

HeySeuss

Was there a debate as to the buckeyes winning only by 7 looks bad or good? Of so, what was decided?

At first glance it seems like it looks bad but with the cold weather and the uncharacteristic turnovers maybe it really isn't so bad?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The Hurricanes will regret that. Even Golden grabbed that kicker and told him that he just made him look like a jackass.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
What does this mean? I've searched probably 5 times over the years whenever it bothered me at the time and I can't find the meaning, just abbreviations for organizations.

it's short for "jakncoke" a user here who so abused the smiley system on GAF that the admins removed them forever. it's sportsGAF for "lol"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom