• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yes. And Auburn doesn't have a fan base, they're a "family." "It's a God thing." etc. etc.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-07-at-3.27.39-PM.png

Battlezone needs to start thinking of a bowl thread title now. His lead is almost insurmountable, so long as he gets his picks in this week.

impirius

Well, at least that's over! Until an AAC team sets school records for offense against the Gamecocks in Birmingham or wherever.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 3
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 5
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 5
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 6
Houston @ Cincinnati by 4
Iowa State @ TCU by 15
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 10
Alabama vs Missouri by 7
Kansas State @ Baylor by 6
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 1
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 2
Fresno State @ Boise State by 8

ryan-ts

Sources closer to the program disagree with this. Seeing as some of these individuals are friends with the Harbaugh family, I'll stick with them for now. However, this seems like a very Michigan thing to do:

"Others in the department do not believe this is in the best interests of Michigan and fear that Les would publicly acknowledge their interest but ultimately choose to remain at LSU, giving the Michigan search a very public black eye."

Baylor hiring a PR firm to make their case to national media.......

Hahahaha!

Why not just schedule real football teams outside the conference and don't lose to West Virginia for starters...... nerds.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
reading the Auburn melts, and I'm giggling at them being pissed about all the wasted points in the red zone, stuck kicking field goals.

Gee, I think I was saying the same thing during last years Iron Bowl :p

Also:
dakboom.0.gif

So, dead play, DB drills Prescott low, no flag.

The DB is the same guy who got suspended for a half, for kicking Alabama's Kenyon Drake after he had broken his leg.

Maybe this DB shouldn't be playing football ;P

Kacar

I agree, I watched that Prescott hit live and every single player on the field except him had stopped moving.

It would be totally different if he had just tried to wrap him up and tackle him high. But no, he tried to end his career.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Also:
dakboom.0.gif

The DB is the same guy who got suspended for a half, for kicking Alabama's Kenyon Drake after he had broken his leg.

I just want to know where the fuck he came from? Was he running back onto the field from the tunnel? Or was Dak on Mississippi's side of the line there?

Lonestar

I just want to know where the fuck he came from? Was he running back onto the field from the tunnel? Or was Dak on Mississippi's side of the line there?

Think that MSUs was inside the Ole Miss 10 yard line, and he was on a QB run when a whistle happened, my guess false start. He looks to be jogging it out before going back, and boom, legshot.

Lonestar

looking back at the season 1/offseason topic (mainly to see if Buck had compiled the conference picks back then, that way I can go ahead and do it because he's slow)

Came across this list:

McMurphy from Espn is asking coaches to describe their team with one word. See Sumlin's answer here.

I think Rich has the best though.

Alabama’s Nick Saban: Untested
Arkansas’ Bret Bielema: Motivated
Auburn’s Gus Malzahn: Experienced
Florida’s Will Muschamp: Hungry
Georgia’s Mark Richt: Wow
Kentucky’s Mark Stoops: Improved
LSU’s Les Miles: Unknown
Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen: Hungry
Missouri’s Gary Pinkel: Confident
Ole Miss’ Hugh Freeze: Relentless
South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier: Decent
Tennessee’s Butch Jones: Committed
Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin: Eager
Vanderbilt’s Derek Mason: Audacious

It's like Richt knew the GT game was coming.

Found my picks at least:
ACC: FSU
Atlantic: FSU
coastal: Virginia

Big 12: Baylor

B1G: MSUn
East: MSUn
West: Nebraska

PAC12: USCw
North: Stanford
South: USCw

SEC: Alabama
East: Georgia
West: Alabama

PLAYOFF:
FSU
Alabama
USCw
MSUn

CHAMP:
Alabama beating FSU

Well, Baylor has a chance, unless Buck's going with BigXII rules, and we all screwed up for not choosing 2 champs :jnc

andycapps

reading the Auburn melts, and I'm giggling at them being pissed about all the wasted points in the red zone, stuck kicking field goals.

Gee, I think I was saying the same thing during last years Iron Bowl :p

Also:
dakboom.0.gif

Could be worse, could be Fairley's helmet to his knee.

looking back at the season 1/offseason topic (mainly to see if Buck had compiled the conference picks back then, that way I can go ahead and do it because he's slow)

Came across this list:

Found my picks at least:

Well, Baylor has a chance, unless Buck's going with BigXII rules, and we all screwed up for not choosing 2 champs :jnc

I never did analysis this year on the picks %, ill throw those stats out too on the final results page.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Came across this list:

Great, I just ate and now I'm hungry again

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish the ACC champ game was in the afternoon. Bro and I both want to go, but we'd rather not spend the night.

Lonestar

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11964184/big-12-present-tcu-baylor-co-champions

What a bunch of dicks.

The Big 12 would officially leave the TCU-Baylor debate in the hands of the College Football Playoff selection committee, commissioner Bob Bowlsby said in a teleconference on Monday.

"That's the prerogative of the selection committee," Bowlsby said. "It's not our prerogative for us to tell them who is our best team. They can choose from an array of teams that are available and qualified for the playoff.

"It's not within our prerogative to bind the selection committee that way. They're going to select who they think is the best team. This is an important distinction. Because the committee's charge is not to select the most deserving team. The committee's responsibility is to select the four best teams based upon their objective and subjective criteria. And each one of the committee members may feel different about how exactly that process works. ... They can certainly select from any of ours."

Only if TCU and Baylor are both left out of the top four would the league acknowledge Baylor's head-to-head win over TCU. By contract, displaced conference champions are guaranteed spots in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, Vizio Fiesta Bowl and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. Bowlsby said the league would then use Baylor's win over TCU to determine which team would play in a New Year's Six bowl.

"The only reason we apply the tiebreaker later on is because we have to, we're the ones who designate who goes into one of those host bowls," Bowlsby said. "In the case of the College Football Playoff, they're the ones who designate who goes into those games."

"We wouldn't be designating our champion," he said. "We would be designating our representative to the host bowl."

Also, Winston's "hearing" is going on now.

KingGondo

Banned
(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 4
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 4
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 10
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 7
Iowa State @ TCU by 28
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 4 (I BELIEVE!
Not really.
)
Alabama vs Missouri by 4
Kansas State @ Baylor by 4
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 14
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 4
Fresno State @ Boise State by 21

mre

Again, co-champs aren't a new thing. It's not a big deal.
Except with the advent of the playoff and the push for conference champions to have automatic ins, it actually matters now.

I think the SEC should amend its bylaws to do away with the championship game and designate as its champion anyone with at least 1 conference win!

Except with the advent of the playoff and the push for conference champions to have automatic ins, it actually matters now.

I think the SEC should amend its bylaws to do away with the championship game and designate as its champion anyone with at least 1 conference win!

If I recall correctly, I think you and I agree that this push is stupid.

mre

If I recall correctly, I think you and I agree that this push is stupid.
Of course it's stupid. I was just illustrating why all of a sudden it actually matters if a conference has a "champion," and suggesting that the SEC rid its disadvantage of having a championship game which limits it to one "champion."

Lonestar

CCG is just one more game to either blow it on a bad day, or worst, have star players get injured.

Same for FCS games.

@TomLeyden 7m7 minutes ago
Expecting a 4:30 news conference in Ann Arbor this afternoon with #Michigan interim AD Jim Hackett - official update on Brady Hoke likely.

Battlezone needs to start thinking of a bowl thread title now. His lead is almost insurmountable, so long as he gets his picks in this week.

Wait, there's actual RESPONSIBILITIES that come with winning this thing? Shit.

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 4
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 4
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 4
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 4
Iowa State @ TCU by 4
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 4
Alabama vs Missouri by 4
Kansas State @ Baylor by 4
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 4
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 4
Fresno State @ Boise State by 4

Kacar

That picture is awesome, as if 80% of college athletes don't snap or DM similar requests.

Also lol at the "she 100% showed him her boobies"

Dan Murphy@DanMurphyESPN · 1 min1 minute ago

Michigan says it can't confirm a 4:30 press conference at this point. Stay tuned. More craziness to follow soon.

I hope to fucking christ "craziness" doesn't mean what I think it might ....

I mean, NO WAY ......

Dan Murphy@DanMurphyESPN · 1 min1 minute ago

Michigan says it can't confirm a 4:30 press conference at this point. Stay tuned. More craziness to follow soon.

I hope to fucking christ "craziness" doesn't mean what I think it might ....

I mean, NO WAY ......

Hoke gets an extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom