• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Murphy@DanMurphyESPN · 1 min1 minute ago

Michigan says it can't confirm a 4:30 press conference at this point. Stay tuned. More craziness to follow soon.

I hope to fucking christ "craziness" doesn't mean what I think it might ....

I mean, NO WAY ......
Does anyone hold a press conference to say that their coach isn't getting fired?

If that's what you're worrying about, don't. Hoke is toast.

Michigan says it can't confirm a 4:30 press conference at this point. Stay tuned. More craziness to follow soon.

I mean, NO WAY ......

jacknicholsonnod.gif

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
He said "show ne" - maybe "ne" is short for Neil, one of his friends or something.

He's so misunderstood, he's just trying to hook his buddies up with some nice ladies.

I bet he's playing Snoop's classic Aint No Fun in the background!

inm8num2

In a twist of the knife, Rich Rodriguez is the Pac-12 coach of the year.

B34FAlGIMAMrKZB.jpg

Draxal

Hearing Golden is gone as well (his buyout was massive due to him taking the reigns during the sanctions). This is looking like the landing spot for Schiano.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

I mean, NO WAY ......

Hoke to get extension

On an unrelated note, some asshole decided to schedule a John Oliver show here in Columbus on the same night as the B1G Championship game.

I want to kick that person in the balls (or ladyparts) so goddamn bad.

Ganhyun

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 4
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 4
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 4
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 4
Houston @ Cincinnati by 4
Iowa State @ TCU by 4
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 4
Alabama vs Missouri by 4
Kansas State @ Baylor by 4
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 4
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 4
Fresno State @ Boise State by 4

Draxal

Cowher to Florida
Dungy to Rutgers

Clempson lost to Rutgers in basketball (holy shit there's 2 power 5 conference basketball teams worse than us).

Didn't realize Clempson Clempsoned in other sports as well.

And everybody knows Rutgers is Belicheck's dream job, so he can bang all the middle aged NJ housewives he wants.

Clempson lost to Rutgers in basketball (holy shit there's 2 power 5 conference basketball teams worse than us).

Didn't realize Clempson Clempsoned in other sports as well.

And everybody knows Rutgers is Belicheck's dream job, so he can bang all the middle aged NJ housewives he wants.

It is our tradition to cling to the bottom rung in basketball, didn't you know?

ryan-ts

Any chance U-M makes a "We're so sorry!" run at Sumlin?

LOL. Reading some stories that came from Michigan's past two coaching searches is hilarious. Miles ready to join Michigan after the BCS championship but the meeting with the UM AD was leaked a week before the game, Hoke over Sumlin, Harbaugh possibly not contacted about the position in 2011, Brandon hired Hoke without a proper search. Whether any of these stories are real is debatable but I'm sure there's a few grains of truth in each of them.

KingGondo

Banned
Don't think fans will be happy unless harbaugh or les comes home.
The Raiders are more appealing than Michigan right now.

At least the expectations are realistic in Oakland, they have some nice young talent, and they'll probably have the #1 pick this year with a lot of good QBs available.

If you go to Michigan you'd better be winning the division within three years max or the seat will get very warm.

Hearing Golden is gone as well (his buyout was massive due to him taking the reigns during the sanctions). This is looking like the landing spot for Schiano.

Sad if true but not unexpected, this year ended in disaster after the Noles loss, his teams just can't seem to win when it matters. I thought he had the program on the right track though.

andycapps

Shame that the program is being shut down. I was curious about what went into it so I was looking for some articles, ran across this crazy factoid. Had no idea about Rutgers.

Contention: UAB is losing far more on athletics than other schools.

Verdict: False. According to an AL.com analysis of the USA Today data, 125 schools have athletic programs subsidized at a higher percentage than UAB. UAB's subsidy is about the same as Colorado State, Ohio, Virginia Commonwealth or New Hampshire. Some 33 schools are subsidized at higher dollar figures, including Cincinnati, Kent State, James Madison and Houston. Rutgers and UNLV actually posted double the subsidy as UAB.

If you take the subsidies out of the mix and look simply at the bottom line, 36 schools across the country are hemorrhaging more than UAB. Rutgers and UNLV are bleeding money at twice the rate of UAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom