• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I feel like tOSU could have done more to show the committee they deserve a spot.

All they did was show Wisconsin sucks.

TCU cant even sell out their 40k stadium, we brought easily double that to Indy. Committee is looking at money, as much as we all know they shouldnt.

Who cares if they can't sell out their stadium for a shitty game against a shitty opponent (during finals period)? They did well at the Rose Bowl a few years back...

You are overplaying tOSU's hand here.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
:lol @ kirk praising Thomas' throwing ability while showing a replay of Thomas throwing a duck into the ground in front of a wide-open reciever.

Who cares if they can't sell out their stadium for a shitty game against a shitty opponent (during finals period)? They did well at the Rose Bowl a few years back...

Fact remains OSU would bring in a ton more money for the bowls than Baylor/TCU

funny, things would've worked out very nicely if we had an 8-team playoff this year (current top 6+Michigan State/Mississippi State are the only P5 teams with two or fewer losses)

TCU cant even sell out their 40k stadium, we brought easily double that to Indy. Committee is looking at money, as much as we all know they shouldnt.

The money from ticket sales is meaningless compared to the TV money. Sorry, but the only way that Ohio State will get into the playoffs is by buying the tickets that TCU fans don't.

Jamesways

Not sure though, I do think OSU would bring more. Never underestimate the power of traveling fans. Wisc consistently gets better bowls because of it.

In 93 I went to the Rose bowl. The city ran out of Miller and Cheese.

Seriously.

So much money spent in that town.

Draxal

Think TCU will probably be dropped because ... they are not even their conference's undisputed champ.

One true champion indeed Bowlsby.

MIMIC

Banned
They did nothing in that game to make anyone question them.

This shouldn't be a computer scenario where playing a game actually hurts you. If the committee legitimately thinks they're 3rd after 11 games, then a blowout win should not disabuse them of that notion.

My response was to the "blowout". Either it's a win or a loss. Once you bring in subjective criteria, then all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom