• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Congrats FSU on another ACC title.

As a Clemson fan I am already anxious for next year's game. :)

Gotta respect GA Tech for their game tonight. They made it much closer than most people expected.

Have you been watching football the last month? The reason FSU is dropping because everygame has been like this.

Because Wisconsin >>>>>>>> ISU.

Also tOSU can claim undisputed conference champ, TCU can't.

Again, the season is 14 weeks long, not 1. You can't just forget about everything that led to where we are today. Ohio State lost at home against a putrid VTech team - easily the worst loss of any team in contention for a playoff spot, and it took them until November to start looking like a playoff team.

Have you been watching football the last month? The reason FSU is dropping because everygame has been like this.

Oh no, I just meant that most people have not given Ga Tech the credit they deserved. They crushed Clemson, beat UGA, and took FSU to the final minute. That is a pretty damn good season.

rhinosmitty

Neo Member
Its gonna be Ohio St. Get ready.
They've been absolutely amazing tonight vs a great team and they are an undisputes champ. I think the committee will chalk that loss up to it being a while ago.
I know. Being a Big XII guy, we just knew this "one true champion" junk would bite us in the end. I would love to see TCU and Oregon go at it though.

TS-08

tOSU has 2 good wins and 1 extremely bad loss.

TCU has at least 2 good wins, and no bad loss.

Big 12 > Big 10

Don't know how tOSU can leapfrog TCU, especially with TCU already ranked 3rd... they can't make TCU go backwards 2 spots.

OSU's two good wins are better than TCU's and they have one more win overall. The B12 may be better, but it's not that much better. It's nothing special outside of three teams. The fact that TCU is already third means little. You guys have to stop treating the playoff rankings like the AP poll.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
He is very angry about the situation (and rightly so) and thus constantly tries to bait one of us into defending Jameis so he can take his anger out on one of us.

I don't agree with this at all. I don't like Winston at all, but this thread has been up front about discussing his issues and the investigation. Right now though, its about the playoffs, so if he wants to disrupt that by trying to antagonize the people posting here, I think that crap needs to be stopped.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't see why it can't be top 6 with the top 2 getting byes. Top 4 is too restrictive

not enough weeks to do this. Between the CCG and the bowls, I believe there are finals. Go any further than middle January, and football becomes a 2 semester sport, and the schools won't let that happen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Honestly as much as I hate the SEC I wish Miss State would have beaten Ole Miss so they could have been the clear 4 vs arguing else where.

Again, the season is 14 weeks long, not 1. You can't just forget about everything that led to where we are today. Ohio State lost at home against a putrid VTech team - easily the worst loss of any team in contention for a playoff spot, and it took them until November to start looking like a playoff team.
Nah.

We're obviously going to be left out for losing J.T.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Why are we saying Wisconsin is a great team? They have a great player, Gordon, but their lack of quality play from the QB position seriously hurts them.

not enough weeks to do this. Between the CCG and the bowls, I believe there are finals. Go any further than middle January, and football becomes a 2 semester sport, and the schools won't let that happen.

considering where the early bowl games are located on the schedule, I highly doubt there isn't room for an 8 team playoff

Jamesways

I completely disagree with that and I'm not even an OSU fan. They may have started slow in each win, but damn near each week they end up putting up a slew of unanswered points to win.

And... Oh Stave...

Draxal

Ayup, but you're making a selective argument, tOSU did win one more game than TCU, and to the commite it matters, as it's one more chance that any team has of getting 2012 Okie stated.

HeySeuss

Isn't the committee responsible for picking the best 4 teams each week? Not necessarily the best 4 over the course of the season?

TCU will be on the outside looking in. We just demolished a top 15 team with our 3rd string qb. The committee said they would be looking closely at our game to see how our qb handled the pressure. Clearly we are still a very good team.

Although, I'm not sure why we need a controversy for the honor of losing to Alabama anyway.

Logically, with TCU at 3, it would make no sense to drop them out. None. Extra game, conference championship, head-to-head, none of that matters. They were 3, they didn't do anything to not appear deserving of that ranking. If they were a legitimate 3 last week, they should be in. It would be absolutely ridiculous for them not to be.

The real question should be at 4. Did Florida State do enough to stay there. Setting aside that I think it would be ridiculous for an undefeated team that is also the defending national champion to be left out, the fact is they were 4 so they would be the first team that should be reviewed for being jumped. They beat a decent Georgia Tech team in a close game, and they haven't lost all year. Ohio State crushed Wisconsin (but has a loss), and Baylor beat a good Kansas State team (and also has a loss).

If the committee is the least bit consistent, TCU should be in, and Florida State should be the team sweating a little bit (as ridiculous as I find it, but hey, I'm a fan).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Why are we saying Wisconsin is a great team? They have a great player, Gordon, but their lack of quality play from the QB position seriously hurts them.

Beats me. Their record was good, but the bottom half of the B10 Was a dumpster fire.

Kacar

I mean the argument shouldn't even be against TCU.

TCU's best win is what KSU who basically has beat 0 good teams all year. OU was proven to be subpar that win is nothing now.

Baylor beat TCU but had the worst OOC schedule of all.

I honestly don't know.

KSU hasn't proved anything. TCU could finish with 0 wins vs top 25.

Draxal

Logically, with TCU at 3, it would make no sense to drop them out. None. Extra game, conference championship, head-to-head, none of that matters. They were 3, they didn't do anything to not appear deserving of that ranking. If they were a legitimate 3 last week, they should be in. It would be absolutely ridiculous for them not to be.

The real question should be at 4. Did Florida State do enough to stay there. Setting aside that I think it would be ridiculous for an undefeated team that is also the defending national champion to be left out, the fact is they were 4 so they would be the first team that should be reviewed for being jumped. They beat a decent Georgia Tech team in a close game. Ohio State crushed Wisconsin, and Baylor beat a good Kansas State team.

If the committee is the least bit consistent, TCU should be in.

I heard Pete Thamel blast the commitee and ESPN really hard this morning, this is a nightmare scenario for him.

Lonestar

they have said the weekly rankings are entered in as if everything is "brand new" and that it doesn't matter where the teams were ranked the weekend before. Not sure what that means, just assume there's gonna be alot of pissed fans.

considering where the early bowl games are located on the schedule, I highly doubt there isn't room for an 8 team playoff
this is where I see it going, and staying. More money for bowls and schools, still (probably) feasible to get the season done by the first week of January. 6 teams w/ a bye for the top 2 is just mindfuck.jpg to me. As a fan, why would you want that?

mre

Isn't the committee responsible for picking the best 4 teams each week? Not necessarily the best 4 over the course of the season?

TCU will be on the outside looking in. We just demolished a top 15 team with our 3rd string qb. The committee said they would be looking closely at our game to see how our qb handled the pressure. Clearly we are still a very good team.

Although, I'm not sure why we need a controversy for the honor of losing to Alabama anyway.
Your QB(s) have shown the ability to throw the deep ball. Thus you have a very good chance of beating us as our CBs jack each other off while they watch the ball sail over their head to your receiver.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I was joking earlier, but if Gordon had gone off this game for 300 yards but tOSU squeaked out a win they would get more credit for beating Wisconsin.

Committee has previously said a CCG is weighted more by them. I think they slap the Big XII tomorrow.

Top 4 will be Bama, Oregon, FSU, Ohio St.

Baylor 5, TCU 6.

MIMIC

Banned

If that mattered as much as you say, then OSU wouldn't be No. 5 right now.

"Remember that VTech loss? We can't have the Buckeyes anywhere near the playoffs because of that!"

Good wins > bad losses

It's HILARIOUS to me that OSU is like 35-3 under Meyer and FSU has won like 30 games in a row but some how, some way, both teams "blow" if you ask the average cfb fan. It's things like this that make me want to back off a bit and just enjoy football and not pay any attention to the nonsense meta-commentary.

Lonestar

Does OSUn go for 2 if they score this touchdown.

"if only they had scored 60, they'd be in the playoffs"

DominoKid

The real question should be at 4. Did Florida State do enough to stay there. Setting aside that I think it would be ridiculous for an undefeated team that is also the defending national champion to be left out, the fact is they were 4 so they would be the first team that should be reviewed for being jumped. They beat a decent Georgia Tech team in a close game. Ohio State crushed Wisconsin, and Baylor beat a good Kansas State team.

If the committee is the least bit consistent, TCU should be in.

FSU was never in jeopardy as long as they won. Its always been TCUs spot up for grabs and rightfully so.

Draxal

Here's my B1G impressions as a newbie.

Elite-tOSU, just completely destroyed us and set us program back for a few weeks, by far the best team in conference.
Pretty good-MSU just not up to Meyer's class
Good-Wisconsin/Nebraska/Minnesota-I know tOSU fans were bitching about Jerry Kill getting that coaching award, but he really coached that team up
Whatever Tier-The rest.

mre

I swear you people think every win by any team is worthless.
"You people." Where have I talked down any team's schedule?

That's not true at all. I haven't watched a lot of Wisconsin ball, but my opinion of them hasn't changed since I saw their LSU game. They had no QB then. They have no QB now. They're a good team because Gordon's a hell of a player, but if you stop him, what's Wisconsin going to do? Throw the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom