• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I heard Pete Thamel blast the commitee and ESPN really hard this morning, this is a nightmare scenario for him.

As they said on ESPN all week they never should have dropped FSU to 4. Keep them at 3 and it doesn't look as crazy to slot a new team at 4.

Now to say TCU not only gets dropped, but dropped from #3 makes it look all the worse.

Committee fucked up and made this harder on themselves.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
if KSU isn't really a good team, because they didn't beat anyone, is Michigan State a good team? Have they beaten anyone?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
SO if the argument about the TCU/Baylor head to head is that TCU is a better team NOW so thats not a factor....then why should Ohio Sts loss to VT in week 2 mean anything?

Does OSUn go for 2 if they score this touchdown.

"if only they had scored 60, they'd be in the playoffs"

Only when playing Michigan. OSU once went for 2 under woody when up like 30 points with a minute left. when asked after the game why he went for 2, woody said "because i couldnt go for 3"

Draxal

Only when playing Michigan. OSU once went for 2 under woody when up like 30 points with a minute left. when asked after the game why he went for 2, woody said "because i couldnt go for 3"

Second favorite football quote ever. John McKay for Tampa's still has the best one.

Oozer3993

Why are we saying Wisconsin is a great team? They have a great player, Gordon, but their lack of quality play from the QB position seriously hurts them.

Wisconsin does not have a single win over a team in the College Playoff Rankings. Nebraska was #25 in the AP. So Wisconsin's best win is against a team who just fired their coach. Clearly a great team.

Kacar

SO if the argument about the TCU/Baylor head to head is that TCU is a better team NOW so thats not a factor....then why should Ohio Sts loss to VT in week 2 mean anything?

Exactly, TCU is a "better" team than who beat them, but OSU week 2 is defining for the team.

Also nobody look at my avatar as i debate who should be in.

Cloudy

Banned
TCU over Baylor would look dumb considering they are in the same conference and Baylor beat them H2H. OSU will get in cos the committee doesn't want to look like fools

This needs to be quoted again and again since it's one of the best football quotes ever. lol

OSU's destruction of Wisconsin is going to be viewed as a significantly more impressive win than ANY win that TCU or Baylor has had over the course of the entire season. I think their loss to Virginia Tech is going to be largely dismissed. Therefore OSU bumps out TCU. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if OSU moves up to #3, to maintain the Alabama-FSU Sugar Bowl matchup.

I just think the committee views the Big 12 as a weak conference this year, due to the traditional powers being mediocre. And they probably aren't fond of the whole "one true champion" bullshit either.

Lonestar

ok, OSUn gets left out of the playoffs, for celebrating a CCG with a gatorade shower. Alabama would never do such a thing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
TCU over Baylor would look dumb considering they are in the same conference and Baylor beat them H2H. OSU will get in cos the committee doesn't want to look like fools

They'll look like idiots no matter what they do purely because they fucked their own selves with last weeks rankings.

It's impossible to not look dumb now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
ok, OSUn gets left out of the playoffs, for celebrating a CCG with a gatorade shower. Alabama would never do such a thing.

If a movie was made about Nick Saban, Aubrey Plaza would be the voice actor cast for Saban.

Topical pop culture joke.

Cloudy

Banned
They'll look like idiots no matter what they do purely because they fucked their own selves with last weeks rankings.

It's impossible to not look dumb now.

True. Dropping the #3 team with a big win is also idiotic.

All this because they had an agenda against FSU lol

Draconian

I thought it was 1-1 in SEC championship games though? :p

Well, yes. The first game was a tight one in Saban's second year where we got Tebowed in the 4th quarter. The second game was a decisive victory, which was only the second in the Tebow era and the one where Urban had chest pains the day after.

Lonestar

Playoff Committee:
good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Jamesways

"You people." Where have I talked down any team's schedule?

That's not true at all. I haven't watched a lot of Wisconsin ball, but my opinion of them hasn't changed since I saw their LSU game. They had no QB then. They have no QB now. They're a good team because Gordon's a hell of a player, but if you stop him, what's Wisconsin going to do? Throw the ball?

They actually did have 2 games where they faced 8 men in the box non-stop and Stave did step up and have fantastic days passing. I think one game he went 17-17 at one point. But yeah, he's still kinda shit.
Having no viable WR at all doesn't help. But they definitely need a decent QB.

Remember Russell Wilson? Ah that was a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom