• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg
=.

alright, not gonna front this pic is hilarious

Ryuuroden

OSU has the worst resume of the three. Throw in the B1G factor and the human need for consistency - TCU or Baylor have that spot.

If money or 'late season flurry' overrides a 14 point home defeat to a GARBAGE Virginia Tech team then we've already lost as fans.

I mean come on:

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg

Even FSU beat Wake Forest 43-3.

Devils advocate; after playing OSU, Virginia Tech lost 12 of their 22 starters to injury, that can't have helped the team much. But yeah, still a bad lose but add in all the other factors and the fact it was in week 2, 11 days into a new QB for OSU and OSU was missing multiple top NFL defensive talent and the entire line was freshman and sophomores and you can really muddy the waters. Again I will still agree, it was a bad loss.

Sorry, TCU and Baylor.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11991216/college-football-playoff-experts-predictions

A lot of picks there. Most included Ohio State, only one (KC Joyner) excluded Florida State.

lol at that one guy with both TCU and Baylor

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 7
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 14
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 10
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 7
Houston @ Cincinnati by 7
Iowa State @ TCU by 21
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 20
Alabama vs Missouri by 14
Kansas State @ Baylor by 6
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 4
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 10
Fresno State @ Boise State by 21

11 points/9 picks, ugh

(also not that it really matters, but who fills out the last 3 spots for the major consolation bowls? we have the two that are left out+Michigan State+Mississippi State+Boise (LOL))

lol at that one guy with both TCU and Baylor

11 points/9 picks, ugh

(also not that it really matters, but who fills out the last 3 spots for the major consolation bowls? we have the two that are left out+Michigan State+Mississippi State+Boise (LOL))

Georgia Tech goes to the Orange, assuming Florida State is in the playoff, and assuming Georgia Tech maintains a ranking higher than Clemson or Louisville (and they likely will). Speculation is that even if Florida State is left out, Georgia Tech will stay in the NY6 mix.

Kevtones

Devils advocate; after playing OSU, Virginia Tech lost 12 of their 22 starters to injury, that can't have helped the team much. But yeah, still a bad lose but add in all the other factors and the fact it was in week 2, 11 days into a new QB for OSU and OSU was missing multiple top NFL defensive talent and the entire line was freshman and sophomores and you can really muddy the waters. Again I will still agree, it was a bad loss.

- Oregon had 16 starters miss games due to injury? 12 missed multiple. They lost to a 10-win Arizona team down 4 offensive lineman (two all-americans).
- So the Heisman contending JT Barrett gets a pass for it being his second game? Don't teams make their biggest jump from game one to game two?

OSU also beat a shitty Penn State team in 2OT with a bunch gifts from the officials.

Enron

Banned
So the talk is that UGA will be in either the Belk or Music City Bowl.

In less than two weeks, from potentially being in the Playoff to a bowl game for teams that just barely made bowl eligibility.

Kill me, please.

Being a Georgia fan is so goddamned painful. Someone send a hooker to Mark Richt's hotel room or something. I hope all the fans fucking stay home.

Oregon can honestly say there is no team on their schedule that they didn't beat this year. Thats why they're a lock for the playoffs with FSU. Alabama is a lock because they emerged victorious in the strongest conference division.

Kevtones

Yeah fuck it. I only really feel sorry for Baylor if TCU gets in. Otherwise, meh.

Oregon can honestly say there is no team on their schedule that they didn't beat this year. Thats why they're a lock for the playoffs with FSU. Alabama is a lock because they emerged victorious in the strongest conference division.

Interesting stat too:

In games decided by 7 points or less:
FSU: 7-0
TCU: 3-1
Bama: 3-1
OSU: 2-0 (14 point loss at home to VT)
Baylor: 2-0 (14 point road loss @ WVU)
Oregon: 1-1

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
So the talk is that UGA will be in either the Belk or Music City Bowl.

In less than two weeks, from potentially being in the Playoff to a bowl game for teams that just barely made bowl eligibility.

Kill me, please.

Being a Georgia fan is so goddamned painful. Someone send a hooker to Mark Richt's hotel room or something. I hope all the fans fucking stay home.

Worse still because Nebraska is rumored to get the Music City Bowl... I do not want another bowl rematch. We have already played Georgia more times in the past 3 years than they have played Alabama... WTF!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
More Baylor PR propaganda

1. LOL Oklahoma
2. So, Oregon and Alabama are punished for played more teams in the top 20, and Alabama with 4 different teams to Oregon's 3 different teams.
3. LOL Oklahoma
4. LOL at Moving Goalposts, where top 25 adds a win for Oregon and Alabama (LSU and Utah)

Let's all agree though - this is WAY better than the BCS.

I liked the BCS as means of selection, I just thought it needed 4 to 8 teams, not just 2. This year we have 6 teams deserving of a playoff spot, but only 4 spots are available. Last year we would have still had 6 deserving teams, but only 2 spots available.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think the BCS formula is a better solution to picking the teams. Just add more teams (4, 6 or 8)

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
They won't put UGA and Neb together again.

They better not. Either way, Nebraska's bowl game is going to be tough with pretty much the entirety of the coaching staff out of a job when the game is over, on top of an interim coach taking the reins during the game.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I wish I could say the same :(

Hey, keep your chin up, you will get your "cleaning house" moment eventually.

I am hoping we leave the season with a big bowl game win and carry that momentum with us to 2015. We have a tougher schedule next year (albeit not much tougher) and would love to win at least 9 next year, if not 10 or 11

Easiest way to decide who gets in out of TCU Baylor and OSU is look at who they lost to. TCU are the only team to lose to a top 6 team so they should be in.

Kevtones

What if we had 'flexible playoff' system?

Also, unless all 6 teams perform well in the bowl games, it's apparent this is all silly.

I think the preference of the BCS system of selection might be due to its automation. There's a sort of 'wild west' feel to the committee's mindset right now. Recall the BCS went through a bunch of changes through the process and we still ran into BS here and there.

With the subjectivity of week-to-week I feel like there's going to be even more swings with CFP. With that in mind, people can't be butthurt when TCU drops this week. The fact they were #3 this past week means absolutely nothing.

For my purposes, I merely meant having a playoff is better than a 2-team finale.

Mrbob

Easiest way to decide who gets in out of TCU Baylor and OSU is look at who they lost to. TCU are the only team to lose to a top 6 team so they should be in.

The lack of a true title game is going to hurt TCU and Baylor. Having a CCG matters and the Big 12 is dumb for not having one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom