• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 2: Everyone Exposed but Idaho (and UCF, but they got Sandusky'd)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
For what it's worth, from Winston's family attorney:

BwuplBLCcAAIZRC.png

I don't understand why FSU wouldn't have conducted an inquiry into this at the time they were first made aware of the allegations. That she was "unresponsive" to their inquiry is hardly a reason to simply stop the inquiry. If anything, I would have proceeded with the inquiry, noted that the accuser was uncooperative, and interviewed Jameis and any other witnesses that I was aware of. As Jameis was unlikely to have thrown himself under the bus, they could have (1) complied with federal law by conducting the inquiry in a timely manner, (2) saved themselves some institutional embarrassment, and (3) still had Jameis eligible to attend FSU and play QB without having to continuously revisit the issue.
Not to keep bringing this up, but it was being discussed on another message board and somebody made a comment that Winston was actually the one not cooperating with investigators. Which brings us to this article from April: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...orida-state-rape-allegation-title-ix/7815023/
But a lawyer for the woman who said she was raped by Winston said Thursday that he was informed the school suspended its investigation, at least in part, because of Winston's unwillingness to cooperate. As a result, Baine Kerr, a high-profile Title IX attorney representing the woman, told USA TODAY Sports he wrote a letter to FSU earlier this month stating his objections to their investigation and calling for Winston to be charged under the school's code of conduct policy.

"The university took the position that since he refused to respond to questions, they could not make any Title IX findings," Kerr said. "We have objected to that as impermissible reason to delay or terminate a Title IX sexual assault investigation because that would permit any charged party to thwart an investigation simply by refusing to answer questions."

Experts say Winston declining to answer questions is not sufficient to absolve the school of its responsibilities to investigate sexual assaults, which are considered a form of sexual harassment under Title IX. They suggested although it would be possible for the Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) to intervene in the adjudication of a case, it would be unlikely.
I get that not talking is absolutely for the best as far as any potential criminal charges might go. That's 100% the right thing to do. But, assuming the article is accurate, how on earth can the university can just let their inquiry come to a halt because Winston refuses to cooperate and answer their questions? This isn't a criminal investigation and FSU is allowed to draw whatever inferences they want from Jameis' silence.

Not to keep bringing this up, but it was being discussed on another message board and somebody made a comment that Winston was actually the one not cooperating with investigators. Which brings us to this article from April: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...orida-state-rape-allegation-title-ix/7815023/

I get that not talking is absolutely for the best as far as any potential criminal charges might go. That's 100% the right thing to do. But, assuming the article is accurate, how on earth can the university can just let their inquiry come to a halt because Winston refuses to cooperate and answer their questions? This isn't a criminal investigation and FSU is allowed to draw whatever inferences they want from Jameis' silence.

You get the feeling if he just went in and talked, the conversation would go like the below (I recommend reading the italicized text like Chris Farley trying to make a sale in Tommy Boy):

Interviewer comes in, sits down
"Did you do it?"
"No."
"Excellent, case closed."
Interviewer gets up and leaves.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
What an embarrassing game. I'm sorry Pac12. If we don't beat Portland State we are going the route of the 08 Huskies. Pathetic. Just an abortion of an effort tonight.

I'm sorry you flew down there to see that, Wino.

Next week may be your only win of the season so I hope you make it to that one.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the ESPN box scores and it appears that through two games Washington State has 922 passing yards (532 v Rutgers, 390 v Nevada) and 44 rushing yards (6 v Rutgers, 38 v Nevada).

You get the feeling if he just went in and talked, the conversation would go like the below (I recommend reading the italicized text like Chris Farley trying to make a sale in Tommy Boy):

Interviewer comes in, sits down
"Did you do it?"
"No."
"Excellent, case closed."
Interviewer gets up and leaves.

I picture the scene from Half Baked where they ask the guy on the couch if he killed Killer.

"Hey. Guy. Did you kill my dog?"
::Guy just kind of waves and grumbles::
"I believe him, yo. I don't know why but I do."

Does Leach get canned if they go 1-11? He has to, right?

“Mike Leach has done a fabulous job in his short time at Washington State,” Moos said in a statement. “Extending his contract through the 2018 season will ensure a bright future for Cougar football.”

Can Wazzu afford to pay him $2.5 million a year for 4 years to sit at home?

Edit: Assuming they beat PSU and lose out he would be 10-27 in 3 years, after Paul Wullf went 9-40 through 4 years. Bill Doba went 20-26 over his final 4 years at Wazzu and 30-29 overall in 5 years.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
We should have just paid Mike Price. Fuck.

Talka

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Boston College by X (Missed it.)
Kansas State @ Iowa State by 14
Central Michigan @ Purdue by 7
Navy @ Temple by 10
Fresno State @ Utah by 8
USC @ Stanford by 8
Maryland @ South Florida by 8
Michigan State @ Oregon by 14
Michigan @ Notre Dame by 14
BYU @ Texas by 10
Virginia Tech @ Ohio State by 10
Colorado State @ Boise State by 7

They also have Ian Silberman, another gator castaway

Yeah. I'm having trouble remembering anything about him other than his name. He was ok, correct?

Addazio sure could recruit two stars for positions they weren't suited for. Or serial killers. I always wonder what hold he had over Meyer or if Meyer was just that conceited about his personnel choices.

School has got to protect its brand. They knew they had cover from the police and DA so they just hoped it would blow over.

Draconian

I kinda like when we play the early game. It frees the back end of the day up a lot for doing other stuff if the big games are boring.

Tamanon

Banned
Pirates aren't playing until tonight, and there seems to be a shitload of terrible games on to pick from. Mission now is to stay sober until kickoff!

Kansas State @ Iowa State by 7
Central Michigan @ Purdue by 9
Navy @ Temple by 7
Fresno State @ Utah by 7
USC @ Stanford by 11
Maryland @ South Florida by 4
Michigan State @ Oregon by 7
Michigan @ Notre Dame by 7
BYU @ Texas by 4
Virginia Tech @ Ohio State by 9
Colorado State @ Boise State by 10

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'm so afraid of Carolina v ECU today. I would not bet on Carolina. But go Cocks!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
used to do that play in madden. Spread everyone out, QB run up the middle, laugh because no one's there.

Top Bottom