• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 2: Everyone Exposed but Idaho (and UCF, but they got Sandusky'd)

Sick to my stomach watching Rutgizz in person.

Nova was Nova.

Defense looked lost and listless out there.

Paul James and the Special Teams were pretty damn good though.

Iceman

Dang, guys. Drisk hasn't thrown in a game for nearly eleven months. Just giving him confidence with the short throws early. Also likely testing his communication with the receivers.. who's going to emerge?

You weren't the only one. Bunch of Huskers here at the local Buffalo Wild Wings were just shaking their head the entire second half.
Armstrong lost 2 of his top 3 targets in the first half. Its not a mystery way the passing game turned to shit in the second.

This game was literally one throw away from being a blowout. If that wayward INT goes inside instead of out, its a NEB TD and were up 28-7...McNesse St rolls over at that point and no one cares about this game. Instead they took it the other way and gave them enough juice to hang around.

That was a great run by Jamaal Charles Abdullah.

abdullah.0.gif

Michigan/Notre Dame.

Such a legendary rivalry that we'll all miss so much.

2012: "NBC Sports’ presentation of Michigan at Notre Dame this past Saturday night was watched by 6.4 million viewers, allowing NBC to win the night in primetime, and making the contest the most-watched Notre Dame primetime game ever on NBC"

2013: "Michigan's 41-30 win over Notre Dame drew an average of 8.65 million viewers in prime time on ESPN, and was the cornerstone game in what turned out to be the network's most-viewed college football regular season Saturday of all time."

You're right brah, no one cares.

Derp.

cdyhybrid

Armstrong lost 2 of his top 3 targets in the first half. Its not a mystery way the passing game turned to shit in the second.

This game was literally one throw away from being a blowout. If that wayward INT goes inside instead of out, its a NEB TD and were up 28-7...McNesse St rolls over at that point and no one cares about this game. Instead they took it the other way and gave them enough juice to hang around.

That was a great run by Jamaal Charles Abdullah.

abdullah.0.gif

So many missed tackles. Hell of a run though.

I think the worst part of Boom being with the Gatas has been what he's done to their offensive recruiting. It's offensive, really. The recruiting guys need to fess up and say they screwed up Driskell's ranking. That or Boom ruined him.

Boom ruined him indirectly. Sort of. The Weis debacle. The Pease error. Meyer recruited him for that run twice, intercept once offense. He didn't fit into Booms plans, but we had shit else.

Pease killed our chances with several high profile recruits by saying they weren't worth it. Turns out they are all having nice careers at FSU, Etc.

Just don't think good QBs ever get pulled for the wildcat, but hard to argue with the W/L. Guess it just seems like I have been hearing about him for awhile I guess, maybe as a recruit or something

Eh, lots of schools will pull their QB to do a wild cat play as a change up. Even USC did it with Barkley.

2012: "NBC Sports’ presentation of Michigan at Notre Dame this past Saturday night was watched by 6.4 million viewers, allowing NBC to win the night in primetime, and making the contest the most-watched Notre Dame primetime game ever on NBC"

2013: "Michigan's 41-30 win over Notre Dame drew an average of 8.65 million viewers in prime time on ESPN, and was the cornerstone game in what turned out to be the network's most-viewed college football regular season Saturday of all time."

You're right brah, no one cares.

Derp.

Those are impressive numbers. But what's the age breakdown? ;)

Jhriad

They shouldn't have had to rely on the passing game to the degree that they did. If your one back/shotgun run game isn't working because they're bring 6-7 you either need to call more QB runs (like we saw work a few times but then Beck got cute and went away from it) or you put a second back in the backfield to provide an additional blocker. We've got enough depth at WR to be fine against Mcneese St if we have a run game that isn't stuck in neutral. Beck didn't adjust properly and the team suffered for it.

Ganhyun

While I want GaTech to lose, I also know that they were down at halftime last week too. So, Tulane, get ahead and stay ahead dammit.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hope we do much worse. I want his ass fired. If that's what it takes so be it.

Papuchis and Beck need to get sacked first. We need to get some coordinators that aren't utter rubbish. UNL's play calling and game management the past several years has just been abhorrent.

They shouldn't have had to rely on the passing game to the degree that they did. If your one back/shotgun run game isn't working because they're bring 6-7 you either need to call more QB runs (like we saw work a few times but then Beck got cute and went away from it) or you put a second back in the backfield to provide an additional blocker. We've got enough depth at WR to be fine against Mcneese St if we have a run game that isn't stuck in neutral. Beck didn't adjust properly and the team suffered for it.

The shovel passes were working great for that one drive we used them, but after that? Nope, let's not use those plays again. 'let's run it up the gut for umpteenth time. yeah we we're getting stuffed like a turkey all the other times it worked but we can get it this time i'm sure lol'

17 straight at one point, I'm impressed, more than I thought I'd be. He still has a lot to prove though.

So maybe my 5-7 pessemistic predicition should go back to 7-5.

Wisconsin has a piss easy schedule. Anything less than 9 wins this season will be a disapointment

Jhriad

Papuchis and Beck need to get sacked first. We need to get some coordinators that aren't utter rubbish. UNL's play calling and game management the past several years has just been abhorrent.

Given some of what Pelini said in the post-game press conference I think Beck's seat is starting to heat up pretty good.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Given some of what Pelini said in the post-game press conference I think Beck's seat is starting to heat up pretty good.

He better light up Papuchis too. Our secondary today was abysmal. We got saved on soooooooo man dropped McNeese State passes where there was no one around to even stop them. Poor tackling, poor coverage. Defense was a mess today.

Posted yet? This is the shit that Highlighter U is wearing tonight.

0veHhGY.jpg

lol

:Oregon

bachikarn

Boom ruined him indirectly. Sort of. The Weis debacle. The Pease error. Meyer recruited him for that run twice, intercept once offense. He didn't fit into Booms plans, but we had shit else.

Pease killed our chances with several high profile recruits by saying they weren't worth it. Turns out they are all having nice careers at FSU, Etc.

Still think Weis was a good hire and would have done well his second year. He lit up Alabama that year when our QB was healthy. Went down hill as injuries piled up. Pease was definitely an error in judgement. Muschamp just had a hard on for Boise's offense.

Don't really think he turned away any recruits. We actually recruited well in 2013. Lost some ballers last year, but that's cos the offense was struggling.

Still think Weis was a good hire and would have done well his second year. He lit up Alabama that year when our QB was healthy. Went down hill as injuries piled up. Pease was definitely an error in judgement. Muschamp just had a hard on for Boise's offense.

Don't really think he turned away any recruits. We actually recruited well in 2013. Lost some ballers last year, but that's cos the offense was struggling.

Yeah but he was bad at developing QBs. Wouldn't adjust for talent or lack thereof.

Wish I could find it. The recruiting nuts were frothing at the mouth that we weren't pursuing the guy. Edit - he wanted to come to Florida too.

losing your 2 most experienced senior receivers is going to leave a vacuum. Its just the way it is. The best guy after our top 3 is a true freshman FFS

Becks pkaycalling was shit but the way the o-line was run blocking, it limits your options. That's the most worrying thing from the game, the o-line play. And losing Turner. The rest is melodrama.

JHall

My cousin played o-line at VT from 2001-2004. Sorry Buckeye fans gotta pull for them tonight.

His name is James Miller of you want to look him up. He now coaches at Reinhardt University.

Top Bottom