• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 3: The playoffs really did make the regular season pointless.

Schlep

This is pretty much how SMU's day went.

hit.gif

Talon

Maybe. I just want to know, how was it possible for that video to stay hidden this long. I mean, most people know there are camera's in elevators. Did the NFL/Cops/Ravens forget this and never asked for the tapes?
The thing is, Peter King mentioned that this tape existed and that at least Roger Goodell and the Ravens had seen it.

So occam's razor would suggest that the police had access to it.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
As a Ray Rice fan/Rutgers fan I was willing to wait for the video of the assault to be released before judging (wishful thinking on my part I guess).

Now that it has been, he should be in jail now. Lawyer gaf, how did he get out of that, I understand pleeing down in a case of he said(and the witness clamming down) but isn't that vid a smoking gun?
1. Not only is the victim not cooperating, but she has actually apologized publicly for her role in everything. This is technically corroborated be the pre-elevator footage that shows her technically commit battery on Rice as well. Rice's response was extremely disproportionate to her actions, but it could factor into the prosecutor's decision not to seek jail time.

2. He's a celebrity.
Maybe. I just want to know, how was it possible for that video to stay hidden this long. I mean, most people know there are camera's in elevators. Did the NFL/Cops/Ravens forget this and never asked for the tapes?
The thing is, Peter King mentioned that this tape existed and that at least Roger Goodell and the Ravens had seen it.

So occam's razor would suggest that the police had access to it.
The article itself states that Goodell saw it. If the police and prosecutors did not view it then they are worse than corrupt; they're incompetent.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I just woke up out of my Jack Daniels induced coma.

I assume we turned it around in the 4th Quarter?

Schlep

I can't believe they haven't fired June Jones yet. He clearly hasn't given a shit for the past 2-3 years now.
Well, last year was the first year they didn't go to a bowl, so it'd look pretty bad to fire him for one down year. The possibility of them starting off this year 0-7 is very real. Tulsa on Nov. 8th (possibly) being their first win would be enough to run him out.

As a UNT fan, I just think they need to be cautious. We fired Darrell Dickey after a couple bad years in '05 and '06, and there was backlash about how we'd fired someone who took a nothing program and took it to four straight bowls/championships. We all knew that he had peaked and the program was stagnant/backsliding, but the average outsider viewed it as idiotic (even before the idiocy of hiring Todd Dodge).

SMU, judging by the commentators on the broadcast from the game, would face the same kind of backlash. Makes it much harder to bring in a good coach.

KingGondo

Banned
Big week for the Big 12.

OSU will continue its inevitable campaign toward a Big 12 title (and Daxxxxxx Garman begins his Heisman campaign in earnest) by stomping the UTSA Roadrunners (an up and coming program!) in Stillwater.

OU will beat the ever-loving shit out of an SECSECSEC team in Norman. Take that Saban.

Texas Tech will hopefully not embarrass themselves against Bert Bielema, Bert's cocktail waitress wife, and a lower-level SECSECSEC opponent, a game I kind of want them to win in spite of my derision for all things Tech and Lubbock. A loss to Arky would take some of the fun out of beating their asses in Stillwater a week later. Tech is much more fun to beat when they have irrational confidence.

Iowa and Iowa State fight for a corn-themed trophy, probably.

Minny-TCU, WVU-Maryland: Don't fuck this up, new members. You're on probation already.

UCLA-Texas: It would be hilarious if Texas won this game. They won't.

Kansas and Duke continue their storied rivalry. But this time... it's with an egg-shaped ball.

Baylor is favored by 31 against Buffalo and I expect them to potentially double the spread.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
UCLA-Texas: It would be hilarious if Texas won this game. They won't.

See, here is the thing.

We may suck (and boy do we!), but UCLA also appears to not be a very good team.. but is somehow ranked like they are.

I don't give us much of a chance, but I think we have a slight chance.

mre - I WILL TAKE LONESTAR HOSTAGE UNLESS YOU GIVE IN TO MY DEMANDS:

Rutgers - Penn State must be noted as an important week 3 game in your list.

I MEAN IT'S GOING TO BE THE FIRST GAME DAY EVER HOSTED BY THE B1G NETWORK! HUGE NEWS>

AntoneM

I can't believe they haven't fired June Jones yet. He clearly hasn't given a shit for the past 2-3 years now.

ASU nearly hired Jones, I think he was in Tempe and the paper work was being drafted, until the alumni heard about it and started to threaten to stop donating.

That little fiasco was the straw that broke the camel's back and got Lisa Love fired as our AD.

ASU nearly hired Jones, I think he was in Tempe and the paper work was being drafted, until the alumni heard about it and started to threaten to stop donating.

That little fiasco was the straw that broke the camel's back and got Lisa Love fired as our AD.

Justified to oust Love?

Westonian

Gotta make sure bowl eligible B1G teams fill those bowl tie ins. Can't win your way in? Fine, we'll just let Diddle State back in.

The god damned fuck?

Until Joe Pa is no longer revered, they shouldn't have a fucking football team, let alone get all their shit back.

Yeah, that's how I heard it. SMU should have fired him right there.

NCAA ‏@NCAA 6s
Due to Penn State’s progress in ensuring athletics dept functions with integrity, NCAA immediately restores football postseason eligibility.

:jnc
Wow. Guess they were playing for something more afterall. Was hearing some rumblings an announcement like this was coming.

You just know the NCAA was waiting for some big news so they could sneak this by, too. The timing with the Ray Rice thing is ridiculous.

I find it comical that people believe nothing bad ever happened under Joe Pa;

He had little to no control over his players;

http://mobileapp.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=3504915&pg=1

Penn State Criminal Charges
Is there a double standard at Penn State? ESPN researched the number of football players charged with crimes and the number of counts. All of records are from the state of Pennsylvania.

Year Players Counts
2002 4 6
2003 10 20
2004 8 32
2005 11 12
2006 5 7
2007 17 72
2008 3 14
Total Players Charged: 46 Total Counts: 163
Total Players Guilty: 27 Total Guilty: 45

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech will hopefully not embarrass themselves against Bert Bielema, Bert's cocktail waitress wife, and a lower-level SECSECSEC opponent

Unfortunately for us, no matter what their overall level of team quality is their offense is basically custom built to exploit every weakness we have. The offense better get their shit together this week because Arkansas is going to have 1,000 yards rushing.

Top Bottom