• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 3: The playoffs really did make the regular season pointless.

UCF @ Missouri by 24
Boise State @ Connecticut by 11
Syracuse @ Central Michigan by 11
West Virginia @ Maryland by 14
Louisville @ Virginia by 7
Georgia @ South Carolina by 13
NC State @ South Florida by 6
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 17
Iowa State @ Iowa by 31
UCLA vs Texas by 14
Portland State @ Washington State by 35
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 6

Schmitty

Safety measure, since PSU fandom now merits a permaban.
Thank God I'm a lifer for good ol' Notre Dame.

UCF @ Missouri by 27 (Getting Sandusky'd won't stop their road to the championship)
Boise State @ Connecticut by 7
Syracuse @ Central Michigan by 4
West Virginia @ Maryland by 7 (Couldn't find MD under the ACC schedules, guess they are an indie now)
Louisville @ Virginia by 9
Georgia @ South Carolina by 10
Penn State @ Rutgers by 14
NC State @ South Florida by 4
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 7
Iowa State @ Iowa by 4
UCLA vs Texas by 7
Portland State @ Washington State by 17
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 8

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
UCF @ Missouri by 14
Boise State @ Connecticut by 10
Syracuse @ Central Michigan by 4 DEY S'POSED BE AAC ACC ACK
West Virginia @ Maryland by 4
Louisville @ Virginia by 9
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4 SHITS&GIGGLES JNC OF THE WEEK
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 6
Iowa State @ Iowa by 14
UCLA vs Texas by 6
Portland State @ Washington State by 4 PIRATES NEVER DIE BUT THEY CAN RESIGN PICK OF THE WEEK
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 7

AntoneM

Game day going back to ND State. Must have had fun the first time.

I gotta say, the Fargo Dome may only hold a little over 19k but they tailgate like a P5 team.

Not that anyone really cares, but I got clarification on my Travis Rudolph recruiting comment. Joker wanted him bad, and kept after him. But Pease thought he wasn't going to be great and wouldn't pursue him directly.

Meier

Not that anyone really cares, but I got clarification on my Travis Rudolph recruiting comment. Joker wanted him bad, and kept after him. But Pease thought he wasn't going to be great and wouldn't pursue him directly.
I don't follow recruiting much these days to really weigh in on this but I know he didn't take an OV to Florida while he did to the other two who were in his final 3. He said Auburn actually finished second thanks to Dameyune Craig. Getting Rudolph and Lane was pretty amazing. Can't wait to see these guys develop. Dalvin Cook got some good reps this weekend.

UCF @ Missouri by 407
Boise State @ Connecticut by 6
Syracuse @ Central Michigan by 10
West Virginia @ Maryland by 10
Louisville @ Virginia by 17
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4
NC State @ South Florida by 10
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 4
Iowa State @ Iowa by 10
UCLA vs Texas by 10
Portland State @ Washington State by 10
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 13

Andy Bitter
‏@AndyBitterVT
Helmet for #Hokies this week, per @Beamer_Ball
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxDKQjICcAI2HCV.jpg

BxDKQjICcAI2HCV.jpg

Andy Bitter ‏@AndyBitterVT 6m
Look at it from different angles. pic.twitter.com/q6BgE12pE5 #Hokies #Murica

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Did anybody hear about this?

Citadel O line was targeting FSU's knees

I expect no less out of the Shitadel's goons. Protip: if you ever meet anyone from the Citadel, run. Fast. In the opposite direction. Actually, strike that, that might just entice them to chase you. Stand on your tip toes, spread out your arms, and yell "THAT'S MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU." Man fuck the Citadel.

Some highlights:

Seminoles starting defensive tackles Eddie Goldman and Nile Lawrence-Stample, along with reserve Justin Shanks, all suffered first-half lower leg injuries
"I played in the game last night and also contributed to the injury list and that was just the mindset going into the game," Hill wrote in his post. "Me and my offensive line brothers preached to each other all week that we would be going for knees from the first play to the last play with the A-backs included. We saw it as if they [won't] respect us for blocking them then we'll make them respect us for cutting them!"

I don't follow recruiting much these days to really weigh in on this but I know he didn't take an OV to Florida while he did to the other two who were in his final 3. He said Auburn actually finished second thanks to Dameyune Craig. Getting Rudolph and Lane was pretty amazing. Can't wait to see these guys develop. Dalvin Cook got some good reps this weekend.

Yup. I'm not saying we would have won him, but I'm not at all surprised he went elsewhere with the way Pease acted towards him.

Talon

Did anybody hear about this?

Citadel O line was targeting FSU's knees

I expect no less out of the Shitadel's goons. Protip: if you ever meet anyone from the Citadel, run. Fast. In the opposite direction. Actually, strike that, that might just entice them to chase you. Stand on your tip toes, spread out your arms, and yell "THAT'S MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU." Man fuck the Citadel.

Some highlights:
What pieces of shit.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
UCF @ Missouri by 17
Boise State @ Connecticut by 19
West Virginia @ Maryland by 16
Louisville @ Virginia by 21
Georgia @ South Carolina by 10
NC State @ South Florida by 3
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 8
Iowa State @ Iowa by 4
UCLA vs Texas by 3
Portland State @ Washington State by 32
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 23

UCF @ Missouri by 4
Boise State @ Connecticut by 4
West Virginia @ Maryland by 10
Louisville @ Virginia by 4
Georgia @ South Carolina by 7
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 4
Iowa State @ Iowa by 7
UCLA vs Texas by 14
Portland State @ Washington State by 4
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 7

some boring but close match ups this week....

bachikarn

UCF @ Missouri by 7
Boise State @ Connecticut by 7
West Virginia @ Maryland by 7
Louisville @ Virginia by 7
Georgia @ South Carolina by 4
NC State @ South Florida by 7
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 7
Iowa State @ Iowa by 4
UCLA vs Texas by 4
Portland State @ Washington State by 14
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 4

Sotha_Sil

Hahaww Goldeneye's great, it's just that UCF isn't :p nah but seriously I agree I would expect it to be a game at the very least

If the QB O'Leary waited until the end of the Penn St game to play can maintain that same level of play, I can see this being another close match between UCF/Mizzou.

george_us

Holy shit I'm actually seeing people calling for Tom Herman's head. Just when I thought Buckeye fans couldn't be any more batshit insane.

Jay Sosa

College Football purists were right: adding a playoff really did make the regular season suck. Did Week 2 really count as a week of college football? Jack shit happened. From looking at this week's schedule, we have another weekend of shitty games scheduled.

Just wait until we have an 8 team playoff! The regular season will be as exciting as the basketball one.

Hell yeah!

but which one?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
UCF @ Missouri by 18
Boise State @ Connecticut by 5
Syracuse @ Central Michigan by 11
West Virginia @ Maryland by 6
Louisville @ Virginia by 10
Georgia @ South Carolina by 7
NC State @ South Florida by 5
Arkansas @ Texas Tech by 6
Iowa State @ Iowa by 14
UCLA vs Texas by 16
Portland State @ Washington State by 5
Nebraska @ Fresno State by 10

andycapps

Shaggy Bevo is an odd place.

I'm reasonably sure they enjoy being on the meltdown.

That's what I hear.

Georgia Tech returned some tickets for their matchup against UGA this year. Here's where, if you care to visit Stingtalk (don't do that), you'll see their excuses over how some Georgia fan threw a cup of piss on their cousin's sister's neighbor 5 years ago so they have no desire to go to a game to be abused by Georgia fans. Because Georgia fans are known to be super aggressive and rude to visiting fans (said nobody ever, outside of the North Avenue Trade School).

It's always the same excuses.

I guarantee you, Georgia had no trouble selling their tickets to the South Carolina game this weekend.

Draxal

What should the be Over/Under how many times they will mention Ray Rice or PSU sanctions in this week's PSU/Rutgers. game?

Top Bottom