• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Oh shit. Robo is the qb for Eastern Michigan and he is doing absolutely horrendous today holy shit. 5-21 73 yards 1 td 1 int. I swore he went down to LSU after the mass exodus unless he got mad about playing time down there as well and transferred out again

Jarate

Banned
you know when a good time to have learned this fact:

1st game.
Youd think it would be easy to recruit someone who might be able to pass the ball to Wisconsin, Russel Came and basically made them one of the top 5 teams in the nation and helped his NFL stock.

ag-my001

The Hokies had a first, but the receiver ran backwards to make it 2nd and 1. Two penalties later it's 2nd and 20 and a lob becomes a TAINT.

Gotta love quality football.

Jarate

Banned
Wiscy broke their school record for rushing yards in a game. i think the team record in all of FBS is in the 700's

Wiscy is getting close

tokkun

Youd think it would be easy to recruit someone who might be able to pass the ball to Wisconsin, Russel Came and basically made them one of the top 5 teams in the nation and helped his NFL stock.

Actually they have done pretty well since then. Bart Houston was an Elite 11 QB when he committed for the 2012 class, but was injured in his senior year and hasn't developed that well in college. DJ Gillins was the #13 overall / #3 dual-threat QB in 2013, but is redshirting this year. 2014 commit Austin Kafentzis is currently the #13 dual-threat QB, but will move up the rankings if he continues to play at the level he has been so far this season. He just got named to a national player of the year watch list.

And that is despite having 2 changes in OC and one in HC over that period.

Jarate

Banned
Actually they have done pretty well since then. Bart Houston was an Elite 11 QB when he committed in 2012, but was injured in his senior year and hasn't developed that well in college. DJ Gillins was the #13 overall / #3 dual-threat QB in 2013, but is redshirting this year. 2014 commit Austin Kafentzis is currently the #13 dual-threat QB, but will move up the rankings if he continues to play at the level he has been so far this season. He just got named to a national player of the year watch list.

And that is despite having 2 changes in OC and one in HC over that period.
Is losing Bielema really that much of a detriment though

tokkun

Is losing Bielema really that much of a detriment though

Well, he did try to take recruits with him to Arkansas when he left, and of course there was a significant turnover in staff. There is always a risk of recruits flipping when the coach who recruited them leaves.

Also, despite being relatively disliked in Madison, he was supposedly a decent recruiter.

Jarate

Banned
Well, he did try to take recruits with him to Arkansas when he left, and of course there was a significant turnover in staff. There is always a risk of recruits flipping when the coach who recruited them leaves.

Also, despite being relatively disliked in Madison, he was supposedly a decent recruiter.

He was a pretty good recruiter, but from what I ve heard, Bielema was always an ass not very well liked

Being a salesman is good for recruiting, but being a good person helps a lot too

Sorry dudes, I've been banned all season.

Love that easy schedule (due to the mass conference reshuffle, a lot of non-power conference majors had to reschedule games to allow for the new schools to accommodate their new conference schedules). Marshall is playing high schools as a result.

jakncoke

Banned

Love that easy schedule (due to the mass conference reshuffle, a lot of non-power conference majors had to reschedule games to allow for the new schools to accommodate their new conference schedules). Marshall is playing high schools as a result.

Goddamc your schedule is easy as fuck

ag-my001

I think the GT qb had 40 yards passing at the start of this quarter, and now that receiver has over 100 yards.

How much do you suck, VA Tech?

Scheduling Miami OH and Akron? Those must be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom