• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

FSU needs to be investigated. For real. Talking about a sexual act is a one game suspension now. Allegedly forcing that same sexual act is blown off and ignored for almost 2 years. This is disgraceful.
Well, I mean, in his defense it was never proven that he actually forced sex. However, it was proven that he talked about forced sex.

Not proven = no consequences
Was proven = consequences

Is USF vs. UCF even a real rivalry?
After they played last year, and now that they're in the same conference, they're trying to make it a thing (even by naming it "The War on I-4"). I'm not sure if it'll catch on, but I kinda hope it does. UCF and USF could both use a good rivalry, considering neither really has one. I know USF's been trying to start one with an in-state school for a number a years, but no one really wants any of it...

Pryor got some tats and missed like 8 games?

Edit; I got the sarcasm. You're a Buckeye. I hate all the OSU's.

Poor Oregon State. You did me no wrong. 3 letters gives me that hate.

And he got suspended for a whole NFL Season too for that! Yaaaay Roger Goodell!

You_don't_say-.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm wondering if FSU is doing everything it can to hide the things Winston's been doing. He's on bad news story #3 or 4 now. Should probably be kicked off the team, but then, I don't want Auburn to have a new QB.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Which begs the question of why there isn't video.

Lol, so now there is a massive conspiracy amongst the students, half of which couldn't give two shits about protecting him?

He said a sentence. He probably hopped up on the table and immediately said it, giving nobody time to get their phones out.

Enfinit

Which begs the question of why there isn't video.
I actually have a friend who happened to record it, he sent me it almost right after it happened. We laughed about it, then shit blew up. I have the video on my phone, but fuck if I'm gonna be that guy.

He said a sentence. He probably hopped up on the table and immediately said it, giving nobody time to get their phones out.
Nah, from the video he was on the table for a couple minutes doing his best impression of the FHRITP old guy. It was actually pretty funny, the students and shit around him were laughing too.

Jerbs

This Shameis Winston talk is depressing. Let's move it along.

OU wins in Morgantown right? I can take more flak than Shameis can.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I actually have a friend who happened to record it, he sent me it almost right after it happened. We laughed about it, then shit blew up. I have the video on my phone, but fuck if I'm gonna be that guy.

Or maybe there is a conspiracy.

Jerbs

I'm not doing it to protect Jameis. Fuck Jameis. But I also don't want to be the guy to sell him out.

Cue the whole Kermit the Frog "but dats none of my business doe."

Showing how disgraceful a fellow human is isn't selling out. It's deserved.

After they played last year, and now that they're in the same conference, they're trying to make it a thing (even by naming it "The War on I-4"). I'm not sure if it'll catch on, but I kinda hope it does. UCF and USF could both use a good rivalry, considering neither really has one. I know USF's been trying to start one with an in-state school for a number a years, but no one really wants any of it...
Basically.

It could have been further along, though, if USF kept the previous series going. But they thought they were so above playing us. To be fair, it didn't help we went 0-4 in that stretch. Two close games and two blowouts.

Now they were demoted, we're in the same league, we're an hour and a half away, and there is plenty of hate between the schools.

It'll just take time to establish it further.

Draconian

Haha "based on results of the continuing investigation." I'm not sure what exactly needed investigating here, but with this CYA mode we seem to be in with announcing punishments, the incompetency just gets more amusing by the day.

Enfinit

Definitely going to hiding now, I'll be back for the FSU crumble tonight.

WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY

I'm not doing it to protect Jameis. Fuck Jameis. But I also don't want to be the guy to sell him out.

Cue the whole Kermit the Frog "but dats none of my business doe."

Hows it selling him out? Its not like the video will show anything different than what dozens of tweets said. Unless, of course, he was pointing directly at a woman and giving pointers on something....

DominoKid

Bruce Feldman ✔ @BruceFeldmanCFB
SOURCE:Winston's suspension due to FSU administration finding discrepency w/ his account of where he was standing when saying the obscenities

so that's the story they're going with huh
Nnrno.png

THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 7
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 13
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 10
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 7
Utah @ Michigan by 13
Mississippi State @ LSU by 17
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 4
Clemson @ Florida State by 4
California @ Arizona by 13

My updated picks

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I thought about switching my pick, but I really have no confidence in Clemson at all.

Co-signed. If anything, I think this just bolsters FSU's chances.

Oh man, finally just watched the FHRITP videos and I am dying. It's too bad people don't have a sense of humor about this. The local sports talk show was acting like it was some grotesque and horrible thing...

Not changing my pick, I have Clemson line and fsu straight bets which I don't want to go against.

The being agency here is no longer trading bets on the game

Man, fuck Jameis. Needs to be booted from the team already. I lived through the Chris Rix era so I can live through a Jameis less season, especially after already winning a championship by throttling an SEC team.

Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 7
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 11
Rutgers @ Navy by 7
Utah @ Michigan by 7
Mississippi State @ LSU by 14
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 9
Clemson @ Florida State by 9
California @ Arizona by 4

andycapps

Haha "based on results of the continuing investigation." I'm not sure what exactly needed investigating here, but with this CYA mode we seem to be in with announcing punishments, the incompetency just gets more amusing by the day.
Maybe the FSU AD learned what those words meant. Updated my picks as well, but I still have FSU winning.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Co-signed. If anything, I think this just bolsters FSU's chances.

Oh man, finally just watched the FHRITP videos and I am dying. It's too bad people don't have a sense of humor about this. The local sports talk show was acting like it was some grotesque and horrible thing...

The sexual assault thing makes it different for him than it might be for somebody else.

MIMIC

Banned
Holy crap! They suspended Winston for the whole game? LMAO

That boy is so stupid tho. And all that crap he says in front of the camera while being involved in yet ANOTHER off-field controversy makes me think that he's just full of shit.

Goodell is hyperventilating at the thought of Jameis joining the NFL.

Didn't know Christian Ponder married Samantha Steele. Goddam. Talk about throwing down field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom