• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Seems like more of a clerical error, but that's sort of a hilarious clerical error to not have someone tell their suspended star Quarterback not to suit up.

Observations about this UF team:

Driskell: just can't really pass: stares receivers down and throws into coverage; little ability to read defenses or go through progressions. Several plays with guys open and he's throwing to the one covered by two Alabama players. Slow as hell on plays that are supposed to be quick throws.

Defense: safeties completely clueless. Little pass rush. Guess the blown coverage against Kentucky wasn't a fluke and this will be exploited by Georgia, South Carolina, etc.

WRs: still no consistency if Robinson is covered.

RBs: Jones a hard runner but plug the middle and he's not that effective. Kelvin Taylor and his speed under-utilized.

Playcalling: uninspired, ineffective and few adjustments.

The only thing I'm confident about is our punting game and the O line looked decent, although Bama really doesn't have any outstanding D linemen.

This offense literally depends on the defense to do its job for it. No team succeeds in that scenario. Had it not been for the short fields, we could have easily ended up with just 7 points...from a defensive TD.

Almost getting tired of the defensive minded approach to the program. I think I'd rather switch to a team that can chuck it and sacrifice defensive play. At least it would be entertaining.

He suited up like he was going to play tonight. He has a brain.

If I could project myself into his shoes for a moment, let's assume I wasn't specifically told what was expected. I know I'm not playing, but I wonder if I'm expected to suit up or not. Frankly, I'd rather be yelled at for doing too much than be yelled at for not doing enough.

Again, I just don't see the big deal here.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
yKoYqBO.png

GMAC Burn

Says the dude who picked MSU to beat us. ;)

You were worried at 3/4 time!

I still don't think Oregon are the best in the country, however they will probably be only undefeated team from the power 5 this year so have to make the final.

If they played the msu game away, things would have been different IMO

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Dawgs who lost by the skin of their teeth on the road cause their kicker sucks. You crazy if you think they aren't legit, and I fucking abhor the dawgs to the depths of my soul.

They can be legit and still be a massive massive underdog to reaching the playoffs with a loss already.

Talon

Is the guy who is riding the horse a Seminole or some white guy dressed up?
So, based on research, it's a Florida State undergrad Senior named Drake Anderson.

Based on the wiki page, it appears to go to a student.

The Seminole leadership are okay with the portrayal because it's a stoic portrayal of the historical leader Osceola rather than a full-blown mascot that gets all rah-rah on the sideline.

But, unsurprisingly, there are plenty of folks that think it's weird.

Okay, what did Jameis Winston actually do to get suspended for a whole game against a ranked conference opponent? Does anybody know? I mean, specifically...

I was asking the same thing (and for all intents and purposes, hoping it was the former)

White guy.

This year's Osceola is actually an Aussie.

I can't back that up.

So, based on research, it's a Florida State undergrad Senior named Drake Anderson.

Based on the wiki page, it appears to go to a student.

The Seminole leadership are okay with the portrayal because it's a stoic portrayal of the historical leader Osceola rather than a full-blown mascot that gets all rah-rah on the sideline.

But, unsurprisingly, there are plenty of folks that think it's weird.

As long as the Seminole community don't mind and there is no Seminole who want to do the job, it's ok with me.

But it looked weird close like the shot they showed before. They guy last year may have been Native American, didn't look like the same guy tonight.

Talon

As long as the Seminole community don't mind and there is no Seminole who want to do the job, it's ok with me.

But it looked weird close like the shot they showed before. They guy last year may have been Native American, didn't look like the same guy tonight.
The local Seminole leadership are okay with that but other members of the community are not thrilled with it - some local business owners and the Seminole Nation of Oklahoma to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom