• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 10
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 4
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 11
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 7
Mississippi State @ LSU by 11
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 11
Clemson @ Florida State by 4
California @ Arizona by 4

Jhriad

(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 6
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 11
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 11
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 11
Clemson @ Florida State by 11
California @ Arizona by 7

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently there's a rumor going around that our Defensive Coordinator Matt Wallerstedt (technically co-DC but he's the one that gets all the press and does all the interviews so he's more of "the guy") has been let go for "off the field" reasons. Everybody in the press and in the official PR department are doing the can't-confirm-or-deny and more-info-to-come dance.

If true, whoever replaces him would be Tech's 6th DC in 6 years. The likely option is of course Mike Smith, who is technically currently the co-DC.

::edit::
Pretty much confirmed at this point. Wallerstedt out, Smith in.

Fortunately, this shouldn't have much if any effect on any of the recruits we either already have committed or are in on. Other guys on the staff have been the heavy lifters in that regard.

Apparently there's a rumor going around that our Defensive Coordinator Matt Wallerstedt (technically co-DC but he's the one that gets all the press and does all the interviews so he's more of "the guy") has been let go for "off the field" reasons. Everybody in the press and in the official PR department are doing the can't-confirm-or-deny and more-info-to-come dance.

If true, whoever replaces him would be Tech's 6th DC in 6 years. The likely option is of course Mike Smith, who is technically currently the co-DC.

::edit::
Pretty much confirmed at this point. Wallerstedt out, Smith in.

Fortunately, this shouldn't have much if any effect on any of the recruits we either already have committed or are in on. Other guys on the staff have been the heavy lifters in that regard.

It's all over Twitter, all the major guys are reporting he's out. No one said anything about off the field stuff though.

Bx09SGXIMAA53xv.jpg

The first edition of the USC Marching band didn't march or wear sunglasses. So basically they were a slightly better version of the Stanford band.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It's all over Twitter, all the major guys are reporting he's out. No one said anything about off the field stuff though.

I'm not generally the "never trust what's reported" type, but it seems awfully convenient that off-the-field issues causing him to leave would occur just after arguably the most embarrassing defensive performance we've had in years and during a bye week so it doesn't disrupt normal game week preparations.

I'm sure it will all come out eventually, so we'll see.

For those keeping track -

2007: Lyle Setencich, fired mid season.
2007-2009: Ruffin McNeil
2010: James Willis
2011: Chad Glasgow
2012: Art Kaufman
2013-2014: Matt Wallerstedt, gone mid season.
2014: Mike Smith

7 DCs in 8 years, with many of those changes being scheme changes (4-3 to 3-4 to 4-2-5, etc.). This is why our defense sucks so much right now.

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 11
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 14
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 10
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 8
Mississippi State @ LSU by 14
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 16
Clemson @ Florida State by 11
California @ Arizona by 4

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Based upon some super secret insider trading news, I wish to change my pick for tonight's game to:

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 4.

mre

I have $9.95. I demand to know.
It dropped last night, but AU's starting safety (and the only one in their secondary who knew what the hell to do) didn't travel to Kansas: http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/52301668/Jermaine-Whitehead-not-travelling.aspx

Apparently, he got into a shouting match with coaches at a practice this week, got suspended, then went someplace very public after the team departed to make sure it was well known and publicized that he wasn't travelling with the team.

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 7
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 8
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 7
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 6
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 9
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 7
Clemson @ Florida State by 17
California @ Arizona by 8

Chris R

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 7
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 7
Maryland @ Syracuse by 7
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 14
Utah @ Michigan by 10
Mississippi State @ LSU by 17
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 14
Clemson @ Florida State by 10

I'm not generally the "never trust what's reported" type, but it seems awfully convenient that off-the-field issues causing him to leave would occur just after arguably the most embarrassing defensive performance we've had in years and during a bye week so it doesn't disrupt normal game week preparations.

He came to work high

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

For those keeping track -

2007: Lyle Setencich, fired mid season.
2007-2009: Ruffin McNeil
2010: James Willis
2011: Chad Glasgow
2012: Art Kaufman
2013-2014: Matt Wallerstedt, gone mid season.
2014: Mike Smith

7 DCs in 8 years, with many of those changes being scheme changes (4-3 to 3-4 to 4-2-5, etc.). This is why our defense sucks so much right now.

What's Ruffin McNeil up to? He was pretty decent given the limitations of being a DC in the system.

fake edit: Oh that's right, actually beating ranked teams.

Maybe y'all should have just let him be your head coach.

What's Ruffin McNeil up to? He was pretty decent given the limitations of being a DC in the system.

fake edit: Oh that's right, actually beating ranked teams.

Maybe y'all should have just let him be your head coach.

Ruffin McNeil is 31-23 at ECU. All the guys who have coached at TTU since him are 31-23 at Tech.

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 14

USF sucks so bad. Program is in shambles and has been since they fired Jim Leavitt.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It dropped last night, but AU's starting safety (and the only one in their secondary who knew what the hell to do) didn't travel to Kansas: http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/52301668/Jermaine-Whitehead-not-travelling.aspx

Apparently, he got into a shouting match with coaches at a practice this week, got suspended, then went someplace very public after the team departed to make sure it was well known and publicized that he wasn't travelling with the team.

Oh, you were serious. Quit fucking up my humorful jokes.

Schlep

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 13
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 13
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 7
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 13
Rutgers @ Navy by 16
Utah @ Michigan by 13
Mississippi State @ LSU by 16
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 10
Clemson @ Florida State by 24
California @ Arizona by 15

KingGondo

Banned
But I already gave you the information.
I know it's irrational, but realignment PTSD has made me distrust any CFB-related information that doesn't cost $9.95.

If you accept the $9.95 then I'll know it's legit.

I'm not changing my pick though. Gus'll have them ready.

Draconian

(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 7
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 6
Maryland @ Syracuse by 14
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 6
Rutgers @ Navy by 7
Utah @ Michigan by 3
Mississippi State @ LSU by 7
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 6
Clemson @ Florida State by 7
California @ Arizona by 10

pxleyes

Banned
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 17
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 17
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 17
Clemson @ Florida State by 4

mre

Kansas State's mascot is so fucking creepy with its wildcat head on a human body that I'm tempted to pull for Auburn.

mre

I love how KSU only has 1 impact player on both offense and defense while Auburn has two on both. Come the fuck on, ESPN. You've already got the SEC network on every major character. You don't have to build the SEC up anymore like that.

I love how KSU only has 1 impact player on both offense and defense while Auburn has two on both. Come the fuck on, ESPN. You've already got the SEC network on every major character. You don't have to build the SEC up anymore like that.

Every time I see Montravius Adams there, it makes me angry. I don't know how much Auburn paid for him, but I'm sure it was a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom