• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for Amusing Username / Avatar Combination, episode 1,711:

PlayALLtheGames

iob2LC9.jpg

PlayAtLeastSomeOfTheGames

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Are you just saying that because he played for us or has he actually done it before.
I thought everyone knew that his full, legal name is Notedseminolehomer Daniel "Danny" Kannel. Sure that was a bitch for him to deal with whenever he had a standardized test on a scantron sheet back in high school and college, but he made due.

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 7
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 6
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 9
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 9
Mississippi State @ LSU by 14
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 4
Clemson @ Florida State by 10
California @ Arizona by 14

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I would like our chances better this weekend if Jameis were out for the whole game with an injury versus half the game for being a complete moron.

mre

Yahoo! Presents TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 4 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 14
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 7
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 17
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 7
Maryland @ Syracuse by 7
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 7
Utah @ Michigan by 7
Mississippi State @ LSU by 17
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 7 - Believe!
Clemson @ Florida State by 7 - Win it for Jameis!
California @ Arizona by - 7

Heather Dinich retweeted
Danny Kanell ‏@dannykanell 45m
Those saying FSU's punishment is light: If everyone suspended players 4 foul/obscene language there wouldn't be anyone left to play OR coach

I don't think there are many players or coaches out there who stand on a table at the crowded student union and yell obscenities at the top of their lungs. They tend to be a bit more...discreet.

Yes, Danny Kanell. Jameis has been suspended for using foul language. You ding-a-ling.

The fact that the creator of that tweet doesn't acknowledge the misogyny and rapey-ness of Winston's comment is pretty telling.

It would be about as bad as Penn State fans chanting "Joe Pa" after he was alleged to have covered up child abuse.

KingGondo

Banned
It would be about as bad as Penn State fans chanting "Joe Pa" after he was alleged to have covered up child abuse.
Or trying to organize a "Joe-Out" at a home game in some bizarre act of hero worship that proves every point that your detractors have made about the culture that led to widespread sexual abuse of children.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Or trying to organize a "Joe-Out" at a home game in some bizarre act of hero worship that proves every point that your detractors have made about the culture that led to widespread sexual abuse of children.

Good thing that would never happen...

And when are those Wednesday night MAC games going to start already?!? I just spent the last hour watching that 1996 Fiesta Bowl replay on YouTube that was posted on the last page. So many shivers, lol. At this point, I will take any college football that I can get!

xeris

TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 4 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 4
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 7
Mississippi State @ LSU by 7
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 14
Clemson @ Florida State by 7
California @ Arizona by 4

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 10
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 7
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 21
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 3
Maryland @ Syracuse by 1.5
Rutgers @ Navy by 10
Utah @ Michigan by 14
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 24
Clemson @ Florida State by uncouth joke shouted from table

So Duke is rocking these fucking things again this Saturday in honor of the 89 team and OBC

BxrHPqBIQAAKeWZ.jpg

Some people really like design, I do not. Looks like a baseball uniform font.

It's Brush Script.

Which typically falls somewhere between Comic Sans and Papyrus on the list of the most hated typefaces on the planet.

Kansas State by 4
South Florida by 10
Virginia Tech by 4
Iowa by 4
Maryland by 4
East Carolina by 10
Rutgers by 10
Michigan by 10
LSU by 4
Oklahoma by 4
Florida State by 4
Arizona by 4

KingGondo

Banned
I don't watch much Michigan, but I got duped into watching the Michigan-Notre Dame game a couple of weeks ago.

He looks utterly out of his depth on that sideline. It astounds me that he doesn't wear a headset.

In 2027 when Texas plays Michigan, I'll be 39 years old. I do agree scheduling meetups 10+ years in advance are ridiculous, especially considering there's probably a 50/50 chance that somewhere down the road the series gets canned/postponed.

Also, that vacant slot in 2018 for aggy is still open ( lol )

mre

Only picks made by those in the top 2 of the pick 'em standings can be defined as "smart."

Sorry, them's the rules.
This is a very good point.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE. I, MRE, HEREBY AND HENCEFORTH DECLARETH MINE EARLIER PICKS IN THE YAHOO! PRESENTS TTK PRESENTS: GAF PICK'EM WEEK 4 GAMES TO BE VOID FROM THIS POINT FORWARD.

IN THEIR PLACE I SUBSTITUTE THE BELOW LIST OF ENTIRELY ORIGINAL PICKS. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

I'm back in the USA bitches. Fortified by gallons of house chianti and pounds of delicious, delicious carbohydrates.

(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 4
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 4
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 4

THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 7
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 13
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 10
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 7
Utah @ Michigan by 13
California @ Arizona by 13

If I counted right only 7 of 26 people picked KSU.

Hell, so did mine two posts later. Picking against Auburn just feels right.

You're god damn right. Fuck Auburn!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 4
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 6
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 11
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 9
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 6
Clemson @ Florida State by 7
California @ Arizona by 6

AlabamaMan.jpg

Alabama Triplicate Brigade

LegoDad

Can't wait for the Auburn vs Kansas State game tomorrow. Going to be a wild adventure, see ya in the East Club Seats!

KingGondo

Banned
This is a very good point.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE. I, MRE, HEREBY AND HENCEFORTH DECLARETH MINE EARLIER PICKS IN THE YAHOO! PRESENTS TTK PRESENTS: GAF PICK'EM WEEK 4 GAMES TO BE VOID FROM THIS POINT FORWARD.

IN THEIR PLACE I SUBSTITUTE THE BELOW LIST OF ENTIRELY ORIGINAL PICKS. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
Solid picks breh.

Someone needs to tell me why people are picking K-State besides they don't like the SEC

Well it sure wasn't K-State's performance against Iowa St.!

tbh, K-State gets up for big home games at night. Not sure what their Thursday record is, but like Auburn I know you guys have a mobile QB and I see you guys getting off to a good start and Auburn playing catch-up the rest of the game. It will be a close game either way.

Someone needs to tell me why people are picking K-State besides they don't like the SEC

This one smell like an upset to me. For K-State this is their biggest match at home this year (they play OU and Baylor away). They need to win this to have any chance of Playoffs.

For Auburn, this is not their biggest match, its away from home, and they could probably lose this and win the rest of their games and still be in contention for the playoffs.

From a player's mental perspective, this is a bigger game for K-State than Auburn players. They will be better prepared, in my opinion.

In terms of the coaches as well, Synder will have been giving thought about this match since Auburn played well last year. This is one of their biggest matches this year and will set their season up. For Malzhan, he wouldnt have been thinking about K-State before last week.

andycapps

This one smell like an upset to me. For K-State this is their biggest match at home this year (they play OU and Baylor away). They need to win this to have any chance of Playoffs.

For Auburn, this is not their biggest match, its away from home, and they could probably lose this and win the rest of their games and still be in contention for the playoffs.

From a player's mental perspective, this is a bigger game for K-State than Auburn players. They will be better prepared, in my opinion.

In terms of the coaches as well, Synder will have been giving thought about this match since Auburn played well last year. This is one of their biggest matches this year and will set their season up. For Malzhan, he wouldnt have been thinking about K-State before last week.
It could be a trap game, I just don't know that Kansas State can overcome the talent that Auburn has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom