• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

cdyhybrid

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 43s43 seconds ago
Wazzu gained 812 yards -- 812! -- and lost.

I don't get Pac 12 network. How did they coug it this time?

Wazzu's QB broke the record for passing yards in a game. They had a 19-yard FG to win it with ~19 seconds left and missed it. They lost 60-59.

cruets

I'm 38 years old. This is the greatest college football week ever in my life . What a Saturday. We bbq, we laughed we cried we laughed some more

Plasmid

I know this is very late but HOTTY TODDY! My freshman and sophomore years were the 4-8 and 2-10 seasons with Nutt. Great game, BAMA scared the fuck out of us in that last minute. We had some easy missed passes but who gives a shit WE BEAT BAMA!

Kevtones

I guess they shouldn't have let WSU score.

A Hail Mary is the difference between the only pac 12 undefeated being zona and cal.

cdyhybrid

They even ran it to the far right hash on the last run for some reason too

Yeah. They had it on 3rd down with a timeout left. You have to take a knee and center the ball and kick it on 4th down. Unless they were saving the TO for a botched snap or something.

Regardless, just a complete Couging.

This week is fucking unexplainable. I'm wondering if I should even tabulate your pick'ems or just assume it's everyone's worst week.

cdyhybrid

There's also this:

rsugFlC.jpg

cdyhybrid

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1m1 minute ago
16 FBS teams have thrown for less yards this SEASON than the 734 yards Washington State QB Connor Halliday threw for tonight.

Seattle Sportsnet ‏@alexSSN 5m5 minutes ago
Being a Coug fan expecting a win in that situation is akin to most guys waking up expecting to find Kate Upton naked in their bed.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 6m6 minutes ago
#Cal's D has allowed 115 points the past two games, and won both games.

So, does anyone want to try and take a stab at guessing the Top 10?

1. FSU
2. Auburn
3. Notre Dame
4. Baylor
5. Ole Miss
6. Alabama
7. Miss State
8. Oregon
9. Michigan State
10. Georgia

I feel like Oregon and Bama should probably drop further, but with all of the losses, I don't see them dropping very far. It will also be interesting to see where Arizona lands.

So, does anyone want to try and take a stab at guessing the Top 10?

1. FSU
2. Auburn
3. Notre Dame
4. Baylor
5. Ole Miss
6. Alabama
7. Miss State
8. Oregon
9. Michigan State
10. Georgia

I feel like Oregon and Bama should probably drop further, but with all of the losses, I don't see them dropping very far. It will also be interesting to see where Arizona lands.

I would put Auburn #1, their schedule has been much better and that demolishing of LSU is pretty impressive.

I would do
1. Auburn
2. Florida St
3. Baylor
4. Notre Dame
5. Miss St.
6. ole miss
7. Alabama
8. Oregon
9. Michigan St.
10. Georgia.

Is it? LSU barely survived against Wiscy and were beat pretty handily by Mississippi State regardless of the final score. I'm not sure how good LSU actually is this year.

They are crap.

Next year they will be good as they will have a good Qb, rb, and wr; all who are freshmen this year.

You really think Ole Miss would be ranked behind two one-loss teams, including the one they just beat?

Yeah.

I picked them to win, however it was not convincing.

The rankings cannot be done solely on win-loss ledger and head to head matches.

I have ranked the teams in order of best to worst and in my opinion, bama are better than ole miss (who I am a fan of, if anyone). There were a number of factors which helped them win this match today, but I do not think they are a better team than bama or Oregon.

Remember Norte dame a couple years back? Undefeated, so got picked for the ncg. However they were far from the second best team that year.

Ole miss have won their matches, but if I had to pick BAma, Oregon or ole miss to play a championship game for my life tomorrow at a neutral venue, I would put ole miss behind Oregon and bama.

They are crap.

Next year they will be good as they will have a good Qb, rb, and wr; all who are freshmen this year.

I agree for the most part. I think the win looks great on paper because people are thinking of LSU how they typically are, which is pretty good, and not how they actually are now, which is pretty bad. I think the K-State win was more impressive for Auburn personally.

Yeah.

I picked them to win, however it was not convincing.

The rankings cannot be done solely on win-loss ledger and head to head matches.

I have ranked the teams in order of best to worst and in my opinion, bama are better than ole miss (who I am a fan of, if anyone). There were a number of factors which helped them win this match today, but I do not think they are a better team than bama or Oregon.

Remember Norte dame a couple years back? Undefeated, so got picked for the ncg. However they were far from the second best team that year.

Ole miss have won their matches, but if I had to pick BAma, Oregon or ole miss to play a championship game for my life tomorrow at a neutral venue, I would put ole miss behind Oregon and bama.

The premise of the question was how you think the Top 10 will shake out poll-wise, and while I agree with your logic, that's not how the polls work. And I definitely think as of today, Ole Miss is a better team than Bama. Remember, if the refs don't miss that facemask call on the fumble return TD, that might have been a much more convincing game for Ole Miss. They really only gave up 10 points.

I agree for the most part. I think the win looks great on paper because people are thinking of LSU how they typically are, which is pretty good, and not how they actually are now, which is pretty bad. I think the K-State win was more impressive for Auburn personally.

Agree.

Kstate at home are pretty good at the moment and that was a big game which Snyder would have fancied himself of an upset (their biggest match of the year, bye week beforehand and would have been a needed win for them to make the playoff). I think I picked kstate that game in an upset, which thus should have got if they kicked better.

If Florida start their other qb instead of driskel, they will push lsu hard this coming week and may even come up with the win. If they are the underdog at the bookies by more than a TD, I am going to put money of them.

The premise of the question was how you think the Top 10 will shake out poll-wise, and while I agree with your logic, that's not how the polls work. And I definitely think as of today, Ole Miss is a better team than Bama. Remember, if the refs don't miss that facemask call on the fumble return TD, that might have been a much more convincing game for Ole Miss. They really only gave up 10 points.

I was doing my top ten as the teams and order I would put them if I was a member of the playoff selection committee.

In any professional sport, you don't automatically jump up above another team on the ladder just because you beat them once. I know this isn't professional sport and you can only beat who is in front of you, however, I still rate Bama and Oregon ahead of ole miss and Arizona, at this stage.

My opinion can also change by the end of the season as well, which no doubt it will.

Off topic, Big accident in f1 just now, doesn't sound very good at all. Driver not responding to radio, stretchered out of hat he car....

Arizona is undefeated, and just beat Oregon in their own stadium.

And yet Oregon is ranked 5th and Arizona isn't even in the Top 10? Come on, son.

Historically speaking teams do not jump from unranked to top 10.

Also, keep in mind Oregon is without their starting OT so that Oregon team was not the one that beat Michigan St. And U of A barely beat Cal and UTSA.

Well we know Miss St. is good and I still think their schedule is tougher than Florida St.

Okay? That doesn't change the fact that I don't think the LSU win is as big of a deal as some seem to make it out to be. No doubt Auburn has a super tough schedule, but this wasn't one of the marquee games IMO. I just don't think LSU is all that great this year.

Top Bottom