• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 8: Biased Pollsters Prevent America from Experiencing Game of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJames

Let me check on my Gators... OH GOD.

XcdiWWL.jpg

fuck my life

This is silly.
Florida State was far superior last year, they destroyed everyone until the Auburn game.
This yr? FSU is far more mortal, particularly on defense. Timmy Jernigen and Larmarcus Joyner are in the NFL.

Notre Dame? 2 years ago Golson managed the game, made a few plays with his legs, but by and large he was not a strength of the 2012 team.
And they went 12-0 before getting destroyed by a great Bama team.

Golson is light years ahead of where he was 2 years ago, he's actually a really good college qb as you're seeing tonight. Kelly has turned him loose this yr. You want clutch throws? How about that throw on 4th down to beat Stanford 2 weeks ago. Dude is a big time college qb going toe to toe with the Heisman winner tonight. He can play.

Note Dame is a legitimately really good team, and FSU isn't what it was last yr........why people are surprised that they can hang (and potentially win at FSU) is beyond me.
People using the national title game 2 years ago as evidence "lol, ND sucks" is amateur hour.

College football is year to year. Both these teams are good. There's no truly great team this yr. The winner of this game is perfectly capable of getting into the 4 team playoff and winning it. Will they? Who knows. I happen to like Oregon now that they have their left tackle back, and I think Michigan State will get there as well.

Meier

Well this Texas game has been a barn burner at least. 45-38 with 1:19 left. Texas to kick off.

Noles need a turnover..

clav

Siemian can't throw downfield anymore. Losing Shuler killed them, looks like. Not that they do anything against Nebraska doing what they are doing now.

Northwestern offense has been terrible and inconsistent all season.

No offense -> more time on defense -> defense eventually deflates

No surprises.

gg

I said to our local alumni base that at best, this team is going 7-5 at the beginning of the season, and they all gave me horrified stares. Now even that projection is too optimistic.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Northwestern offense has been terrible and inconsistent all season.

No offense -> more time on defense -> defense eventually deflates

No surprises.

gg

I said to our local alumni base that at best, this team is going 7-5 at the beginning of the season, and they all gave me horrified stares.

Yeah, they were Jekyll and Hyde just in the two halves of this game. I would appreciate if you could beat ND in a few weeks, though. Thanks!

clav

Yeah, they were Jekyll and Hyde just in the two halves of this game. I would appreciate if you could beat ND in a few weeks, though. Thanks!

I hope so, too.

I told the alum that if Northwestern went 1-11 for the entire season with a win over ND, I would be satisfied.

Statistically, Northwestern loses the most in October. Students blame midterms.

KingGondo

Banned
TD Iowa State!

Down 7 with less than 2 minutes to go and they drive down to tie it.

They really deserve a win after last year's debacle.

Edit: Welp.

Who's great this year?
Do you see a Bama 12'? or a Florida 08?
I don't see a dominant team, any of these top teams could win it, yes, even this "average" ND team or "overrated FSU" team.
nobody is head and shoulders above, I agree.

This game could be a battle between a couple of 10-3 teams. I don't put a lot of stock in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom