• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 8: Biased Pollsters Prevent America from Experiencing Game of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Nice mistake OU.

I knew I should have picked KSU.

Read a few times that the honeymoon is over for Kliff, but fans I know still love him. Low expectations I guess

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we're not truly outside of early expectations for him yet. Clearly on the low end, of course, but hiring a guy that young with the depth lurch that we were in after Tuberville left meant we knew there would be some growing pains. Walk-ons all over the field last season playing due to depth need, a 2014 DL recruiting class of 4 JUCO guys, only one QB on the roster after the Spring, etc.

He's getting a bit more leeway than most coaches would in this position due to that IMO. The alumni angle and his Tech playing career certainly help, of course, as does the fact that we have actually shown a pretty decent amount of improvement from the beginning of the season until now (especially on defense) and recruiting has been going very well thus far.

Getting bowl eligible this season is a longshot, but if we get to 4 or 5 wins (meaning we would have beaten at least one of TCU, UT, OU, BU, or ISU on the road) then I think the optimism will still be there leading into the offseason.

Also factor in how happy we are to not have this guy anymore -

KXCoyKn.gif

That's probably worth a few losses by itself.

squicken

I like the play calls there. If they can't get a TD on three straight goal line runs then they deserve to lose.

e: Guess everyone deserves to lose a game to a dead kicker

Velcro Fly

Minnesota just had a dude come off the bench at the conclusion of a play and try to fight a Purdue player and did not get tossed.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Great. Just started feeling better about my pick 'em when OU gets stuffed at the goal, has their best RB get injured, then shanks an easy field goal.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Where the kicks hook left and K State commits theft
And State goes on to win the game!!!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch on our apparent injury list today.

@ChrisLevel: OUT today for #TexasTech (1/2): DL Demetrius Alston, WR Jordan Davis, DB JahShawn Johnson, DB Josh Keys, LB Chris Payne, OL Dom Robertson...

@ChrisLevel: OUT today for #TexasTech (2/2): DL Anthony Smith, DB Keenon Ward, DB John White (spec. teams ace). DT Marcus Smith is game-time decision.

Lot of defense on that list.

Velcro Fly

I fucking cannot stand how football refs are making the game all about them. Bullshit fucking calls galore today all over the place. It's been like this all year in the NFL and it's the same shit in college now too. Now Purdue is losing a game they dominated because of bullshit penalties. I'm so fucking sick of teams winning or losing based on penalties or getting up and looking for a flag.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Every time I see an SEC game opener, I just think how Nickelback really isn't that bad.

It always reminds me that it gets so much worse.

cdyhybrid

I fucking cannot stand how football refs are making the game all about them. Bullshit fucking calls galore today all over the place. It's been like this all year in the NFL and it's the same shit in college now too. Now Purdue is losing a game they dominated because of bullshit penalties. I'm so fucking sick of teams winning or losing based on penalties or getting up and looking for a flag.

For Purdue, the day the refs made it about themselves was the most important day in your program's history. For Pac-12 teams, it was Saturday.

Meier

Wow. Unlucky for Baylor.. how the hell did Cannon drop that?

Huh, Baylor punting. Color me shocked. Hoping to minimize the damage in terms of the final score perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom