• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Game on the line, 4 yards to a first down, and Arkansas goes away from their strength in running the ball to throw two incomplete passes and stop the clock twice.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
These announcers seem to get mixed up pretty easily. There was the "good no call on the horse collar" earlier where there was clearly a facemask, and now the "looks like he hurt his elbow" when he fell on his shoulder and both the player and the trainers were rubbing his shoulder.

"We're, uh, referencing the Iron Bowl, of course" is icing on the cake.

andycapps

These announcers seem to get mixed up pretty easily. There was the "good no call on the horse collar" earlier where there was clearly a facemask, and now the "looks like he hurt his elbow" when he fell on his shoulder and both the player and the trainers were rubbing his shoulder.

"We're, uh, referencing the Iron Bowl, of course" is icing on the cake.
You must not watch Gary and Verne much. Gary does have his moments when he breaks down a play that are good, but Verne is pretty consistently wrong about most things and gets players names wrong all the time.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You must not watch Gary and Verne much. Gary does have his moments when he breaks down a play that are good, but Verne is pretty consistently wrong about most things and gets players names wrong all the time.

change.org-petition-cbs-announcers-verne-lundquist-gary-danielson.jpg

Draconian

You can't do that if you're a running back. You have to run straight ahead and try to fall forward for it. I don't care if you get tackled short, but slowing down and cutting to the outside in that situation would drive me up the wall as a coach.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Arkansas will go all the way up to take A&M's place at #6 since they beat them, and a win over an SEC West team counts as three wins so they will be 6-1. A&M will move up to #5 because losing to an SEC West team is actually a win, so they will be 5-0. A rock-paper-scissors tournament will be held to see which of Florida State, Oregon, and Oklahoma get pushed out of the top 5 to make room.

Revision: A&M still moves to #5, as they are now effectively 7-0. Arkansas at 4-1 moves up to the top 10 because why not. The rock-paper-scissors tournament goes on as scheduled.

ag-my001

Ah the joys of a Dave South call. You all think Gary and Verne are bad, thank your lucky stars you don't have to deal with Dave.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ah the joys of a Dave South call. You all think Gary and Verne are bad, thank your lucky stars you don't have to deal with Dave.

I have listened to him call games on occasion while driving around running errands on a Saturday and I can confirm the truth of this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom