• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Our OC Tim Beck doesn't want to twist the knife, so we bring in all the 2nd and 3rd-string backs instead of letting Ameer add some votes to his Heisman vote tally. Plus, having more roll out and drop back passes for Armstrong is worthless. We aren't a passing team and it isn't a good way to change pace for this team. :(

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Holy shit this block.

neboom.0.gif

To quote FauxPelini: "SOMEONE JUST GOT BLOCKED IN HALF DID HE DIE"

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just realized that Baylor plays at Texas next weekend and Austin City Limits will be going on at the same time. I think I could probably crabwalk around Austin faster than traffic will be moving.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just realized that Baylor plays at Texas next weekend and Austin City Limits will be going on at the same time. I think I could probably crabwalk around Austin faster than traffic will be moving.
At least there's some overlap in the Baylor/Texas fan base and people who would attend ACL. When Bama opened against West Virginia, Dragon Con was in Atlanta at the same time. Talk about some confused ass rednecks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well that's pretty fucking despicable.

Best case scenario he is just so powerfully stupid he was unaware of the qb's condition. Worst case scenario, he is so dangerously desperate for any sort of results he sacrifices his qb's safety for the sake of results. Either way, it is absolutely horrible.

And they had two fucking timeouts.

Take a timeout and out Gardner back in.

Lmao clicked on the thread and it took me to people making picks, I saw 2 people pick fsu by 17 & 24, ������������

Yes I did and I got MOV bonus points for it

9 points in the pick'em if the usc result holds. Not bad all things considered.

Wazzu came back to win against Utah which hurt me. I think I only picked 7 games correctly. Next week I should really flip a coin

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've got 10 points already, with 1 more point coming if USC holds on tonight (though my MoV pick was 7 so Oregon State would have to make this game a lot more interesting for me to hit 12).

Also: Dear Arizona State, I'm sorry I was angry at you on Thursday night for losing after being "the one underdog I picked" this weekend. Turns out I didn't pick you after all, so the only thing about the game that upset me was that you got annihilated and I didn't get MoV. Now I don't even remember who the only underdog I picked was. Indiana, maybe? They also let me down so let my previous ire be directed towards them.

ACC MIGHT have two teams ranked if Clemson hops back in.

If I have time, I'm going to watch the Florida State game on ESPN3 tomorrow since I missed it this afternoon. Just from how they've played this year that I have seen, you'd think they'd slip in the polls or at least lose more #1 votes. Clemson might get back in, but at 2 losses, I think they'll be waiting for a while.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If I have time, I'm going to watch the Florida State game on ESPN3 tomorrow since I missed it this afternoon. Just from how they've played this year that I have seen, you'd think they'd slip in the polls or at least lose more #1 votes. Clemson might get back in, but at 2 losses, I think they'll be waiting for a while.

They were next in line for the polls this week. A solid win against UNC will probably put them back in the top 25 tomorrow.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
God fucking damnit. I guess Mizzou kind of deserved it after last year. I didn't even get to watch, I'm gonna have to watch a replay. I do like that we seem to be quickly developing a nice Columbia / Columbia rivalry though! GG Mizzou, and god damnit Gamecocks.

I wonder what our record is when Gameday is in Columbia SC. I feel like it's bad. I remember when we tried to "black out" the stadium for Gameday against UF when Spurrier was still there and they whooped us like 44-10 or something.

When asked about the "black out" after the game, Spurrier said he didn't mind it and it helped his receivers see the ball in the air better. Freakin jerk lol

jakncoke

Banned
He threw 5 picks and nearly still found a way to beat Penn State.

Just shows how not well the Penn St team is this year. That and getting routed by fucking Northwestern whose only win thus far before us was a 24-7 over Western Illinois ffs. Im going to be so miserable this year lol

Just shows how not well the Penn St team is this year. That and getting routed by fucking Northwestern whose only win thus far before us was a 24-7 over Western Illinois ffs. Im going to be so miserable this year lol

But using the experts thoughts on Rutgers going into this year they had Rutgers being pegged a 30+ point underdog in every B10 game.

But using the experts thoughts on Rutgers going into this year they had Rutgers being pegged a 30+ point underdog in every B10 game.
Yeah but I don't think anybody thought how bad the Big Ten would be this year either.

Even though I guess it has been pretty sub par for a number of years now.

And to be fair, Rutgers looked really bad last year in an even weaker AAC.

Draxal

Yeah but I don't think anybody thought how bad the Big Ten would be this year either.

Even though I guess it has been pretty sub par for a number of years now.

And to be fair, Rutgers looked really bad last year in an even weaker AAC.

Eh, Rutgers was due for a bad year as we starting 2 freshman corners and had no safeties on the roster at all last year. It was a problem when they faced 3 quarterbacks that got drafted in the first and second rounds last year.

thefro

I don't understand places like Kansas not giving the coach the full length of their contract. They're in the basement for a reason and it's not just coaching. Weis hasn't been great, but June Jones should've been the first coach fired this year.

You don't hire a big-name coach who flopped hard at a top program. That rarely works out.

But yeah, nobody's going to want to go there after Gill got canned after 2 years and Weiss after barely more than 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom