• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Yaari

Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately I tried signing up as a new member and the forum said the server couldn't take any more information (Typical!) I've tried contacting them via the app but Gumi never bothers replying to my issues -_-

Guess I'm going to have to hope the forum starts taking new members again soon.

I need your OS too apparently. :(

garath

Do remember Kizunas only work on a character of the same class as the "Kizuna'd" one, so if you have no other archers keeping Armilus for her Kizuna is a waste. If that is the case, though, grab a Paloma or a Tigre and keep Armilus, having diverse weapons and a more than 1 team is highly recommended.

Also, kizunas %stat boos increase with level (and thus, LB), so if you are not desperate for rings, keeping her -for now- is the safest bet.

Mm.. damn. This almost makes me want to get a Tigre to Kinzuna to my LB2 Armilus.

What's Tigre's kinzuna ability?

Yaari

So what do these Super Stamina Fruits do? I got like 660 Prisma. I wonder how much of a chance I got to max out Selene.

Avalt

So what do these Super Stamina Fruits do? I got like 660 Prisma. I wonder how much of a chance I got to max out Selene.

They work just like regular stamina fruits but also increase fever time for ten minutes, I believe.

As for maxing Selene, I'm going to bet that $500 worth of prysma should be enough to guarantee one, if some one REALLY wants needs her.

Quixzlizx

I think they refill AP and extend Fever time, but don't quote me on that.

So is anyone who plays JPCC going to give us a strategy for this event. I feel like ivenoideawhatimdoingdog.jpg.

Gizuko

I think they refill AP and extend Fever time, but don't quote me on that.

So is anyone who plays JPCC going to give us a strategy for this event. I feel like ivenoideawhatimdoingdog.jpg.

The one Rixa posted a few pages back is really worth reading.

From my experience playing the Deed v2 event, a TL;DR version would be: "Reach the last stage/map as soon as you can and, if your team can handle the very last free quest, farm it. Also, mind the emergency quests and the like, since they give points and either prysma or stamina/super stamina fruits".

And yes, Fever time lasts 3 minutes, and SSF extends the duration to 10 (it doesn't matter wether you consume it with 30 seconds left or with 2:30 minutes), as well as refilling your full AP. Also, fast-forward didn't help me while trying to make the best of my FT.

All the above is based on the latest jpCC tower event, so things might be a little different.

Quixzlizx

/\/\/\
Next week.

The one Rixa posted a few pages back is really worth reading.

From my experience playing the Deed v2 event, a TL;DR version would be: "Reach the last stage/map as soon as you can and, if your team can handle the very last free quest, farm it. Also, mind the emergency quests and the like, since they give points and either prysma or stamina/super stamina fruits".

And yes, Fever time lasts 3 minutes, and SSF extends the duration to 10 (it doesn't matter wether you consume it with 30 seconds left or with 2:30 minutes), as well as refilling your full AP. Also, fast-forward didn't help me while trying to make the best of my FT.

All the above is based on the latest jpCC tower event, so things might be a little different.

Thanks! And when it comes to Fever time, Gumi mentioned that it activates two times a day at particular hours. Does that mean that you have to be playing the game for those three minutes (like 2:00 to 2:03 PM) every day, or does it just mean that that's when it refreshes so you can use it again whenever, like a demon raid soul?

Gizuko

Thanks! And when it comes to Fever time, Gumi mentioned that it activates two times a day at particular hours. Does that mean that you have to be playing the game for those three minutes (like 2:00 to 2:03 PM) every day, or does it just mean that that's when it refreshes so you can use it again whenever, like a demon raid soul?

I read that somewhere as well, but I honestly don't know what they mean, it seemed random during the Deed event. Back then you'd get a "fever time!" pop-up (much like the demon incoming messages) after a battle.

However, this was actually quite rare in my experience, so maybe I was playing it wrong and ignored the "Fever-Time hours".

[EDIT] I don't know if this might be jpCC's power creep, but Agudara (the demon that's essentially a better Trystan) doesn't seem like a big deal, even at 80. Her stats are nothing to scoff at, but I have been borrowing a friend's in jpCC and well... I expected a lot more.

Yaari

Trystan upgrade is long overdue. I need to get rid of Loletta and Nympha in my basic team. The Assassin's Blade has been waiting for him for a while now.

I guess I'll just throw 300 Rings and 650 Prysma at Selene and hope its enough. It's as much of a gamble as the gacha is, so whatever.

Gizuko

I'm probably skipping Trystan. I've got Sonya and they seem just way too similar for me to use my rings.

Only their skill is alike, actually, and given Sonya's is fire based, Trystan is stil a worthy investment - due to reduced damage against fire enemies.

On the other hand, and this is taking into account you can actually MLB Sonya, she is the better arcana. Trystan is so good because he is easy to MLB (like most of the good FR characters, actually), and because warrior teams are a standard.

I'm telling you this in case you aren't purchasing prysma and can't MLB Sonya in the foreseeable future, I'm a Frau guy myself and might even skip Trystan.

For those of you who've beaten the story, was it ever explained...
Why Pirika is so important? Whats with the King being a Superintendant. V1 story kind of wraps up half assed... :(

Vecks

Nearing 90 in the JP raid, and still no drop from chest or coins. I had better luck in the global raids. Really want to LB her, as she seems really strong, so I'm definitely just gonna keep trying to push on and see if I can get past 100.

sQEc7rPh.jpg

Gizuko

I expecto to MLB Alphin either today or tomorrow. I lucked out and pulled one copy with my first 10 DC pull, so I only need to pull 800 times instead of 1200 to MLB her. That Grief sword, though, it seems so far away.

Also, I find it really cute that both Shauna and Alphin's skill-activation phrase is the same, it adds a bit of consistency, having the demon and the event character be related.

Yaari

Maxed out Trystan. Took more rings than I expected. Will be difficult to Max LB Frau if I will compete for Selene.

I'll have like 20 Stamina Fruit and 670 Prisma to compete for her. It would be pretty insane if that won't be enough tbh. We'll see I guess. I will just make sure to play during most of the Fever times.

Edit: Someone mentioned Sulstan seiyuu is the same as Lelouch from Code Geass. Pretty cool.

Edit: Someone mentioned Sulstan seiyuu is the same as Lelouch from Code Geass. Pretty cool.

I never understood why these games have actual well known voice actors only for a small amount of dialogue, same with KanColle. It's still some cool production value though.

Gave MLB Trystan my Deathtail and instantly regretted it. :-/
That's not so bad, i actually sold mine since it was just taking up space.

garath

Gave MLB Trystan my Deathtail and instantly regretted it. :-/

The Deathtail is pretty good. That'd be my second choice. Assassin's blade was what I put on him. I still have that Deathtail hanging around lol.

I MLB'd Trystan because why not. If I regret it in 6 mo, I regret it in 6 mo. Whatever. I have 70 rings left. Time to keep saving for Frau. I finally replaced Dusty. That's what's important lol.

Anyone know where his ability quests are located? I don't see them on the map. I checked every place that has a number next to it. Maybe he needs to be a certain level? He's only 29 or something so far.

Anyone know where his ability quests are located? I don't see them on the map. I checked every place that has a number next to it. Maybe he needs to be a certain level? He's only 29 or something so far.

He needs to be lvl 30 for his first quest.

Edit: you can find the requirements when you scroll down at the characters "info" page.

garath

He needs to be lvl 30 for his first quest.

Ah thanks. Makes sense. Lindsey was the same way as I recall.

The only 5*s I see in this game are demons or ring characters lol.

Even with 10 blade enhancers I only got his assassin's blade a third of the way there. Going to be a long grind to level this guy.

Rixa

Got Trystan to 41 level (used over 60 enhancers, no Great Success). Now starts that slow and painful process of getting Trystan to 80. Prolly takes few months. Made 1 Prysma pull and got rings (Bilgitto). Next 10 Prysma goes to slot increase and after that next 50 to 1 pull and so on.

Gizuko

V2 allows you to equip up to 3 weapons to a single character, but you can't actually unequip them. Basically, you have 3 slots and can choose which weapon you "field", the rest remains the same.

I'm really curious as to how that will handle this during the v1->v2 transition. Will they copy our current weapon to the other 2 slots, or fill them with crappy C ranks?

garath

Right after i MLB sulstan i read about Aggdra.....

http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/analysis-to-mlb-sulstan-or-frau.1159/

sitting at 300 rings i hope i can get frau and aggdra by the time of release.

With these crazy characters coming out. F2P is totally viable.

Based on the JP schedule, aggdra is 6+ mo away. I consider Trystan a good buy. The game would be pretty boring if all we did is hoard everything to min/max the JP content. Honestly I don't even know if I'd still be playing in 6 mo.

I've had more successful gauntlet runs running full teams of my highest leveled soldiers and knights rather than a small team padded out by level 1 characters. Running a Corp/Lindsey/Orianna team and I died before I could get the prysma reward. It seems like as soon as I run into a team with an archer I get screwed over with a one shot skill they spam over and over and I can never reach them on time.

desverger

Right after i MLB sulstan i read about Aggdra....

People keep bringing Aggdra up, but I've probably said this before - there's no guarantee you can MLB a demon, and a LB1 demon arcana is gonna be worse than MLB ring arcana. I've done two demon raids and my results have been LB2 and LB1.

Ring characters have the benefit of being farmable, and this is the main benefit of them I feel.

Yeah I'm gonna stick with my top men for the gauntlet. I beat rank 200 John and claimed the 2nd last reward. Unfortunately took both my main team and my reserves to beat him so I couldn't beat the final battle with only two units.

I'll try the level 1 thing once I get my Trystan up so he can dash kill archers and mages.

elty

People keep bringing Aggdra up, but I've probably said this before - there's no guarantee you can MLB a demon, and a LB1 demon arcana is gonna be worse than MLB ring arcana. I've done two demon raids and my results have been LB2 and LB1.

Ring characters have the benefit of being farmable, and this is the main benefit of them I feel.
I thought a LB2 demon is about the same as a MLB ring card.

Gizuko

I thought a LB2 demon is about the same as a MLB ring card.

Depends, really. Trystan's stats are on the lower side but he is great overall. Also, Agudara's cost is 22, which is a bit brutal (she is the better of the two but, it is just as Desverger pointed out).

Trystan is so good because he has an AoE daze, and because you can MLB him while being f2p - I'd argue FR characters aren't exactly "free" in v1, but that's not the topic at hand.

Also, congrats, dakkumauji. She seems like a fine addition to a debuff team, and her kizuna is great.

Top Bottom