• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

I can't even do a 10+1 pull if I wanted to, since I'm sitting on ten Premium Tickets and I'm not using them for our current 1.7% x 2 rate for UR. :/

It'll be a long wait until V2, I'm guessing...

Miff

So are you all preparing for the MLB Trystan (Sulstan)?

I'm just wondering how many stamina fruits people are going to be throwing at the Selene event. Had this crazy thought about changing the 350 Fortune Rings I'd saved for Sulstan, into 70 Stamina Fruits, for a good chance of getting a high-LB Selene as an alternative. But then realised even that might not be enough to get inside the top 1500. It's not just the whales, it's also those players who get hooked and are going to start 'throwing good money after bad' towards the end of the event as their rank starts to slip. But who am I to judge? :)

So I guess I'm prepared to MLB Sulstan, but I'm just going to level up as I go along. I'm finding the Gauntlet mode really tedious, so haven't been able to accumulate a gift box of enhancers.

garath

So are you all preparing for the MLB Trystan (Sulstan)? Iam trying as hard as I can to collect enhancers, I do now have

12 x 1* enhancers (7 warriors)
28 x 2* enhancers (18 warriors)
1x 4* enhancer (warrior)

4x 5* Trystan to be merged (when its available)

I dont have 3* enhancers and I wont collect them, since I sell all the 3* enhancers & foragers to rings (doing dailies everyday). I still have few days to collect enhancers, my guess is that I might get (without Great Success) Trystan to around level 35-40.

Today is warrior daily so I suggest go to collect some warrior enhancers, but dont use stamina fruits, cause you need them on next week.

I have more than enough fortune rings to MLB him. I'll probably just hold off long enough to see what I can get out of the Selene event. Trystan won't help with the event and on the off chance I can LB3 or better her then I may pass on Trystan.

Outside of that, I'm sitting on 8 blade enhancers and collecting all the 2* warrior enhancers I can today. Still have a 4* warrior enhancer waiting as well. Not to mention the assassin's blade.

If the Selene event is a bust, I should be able to get him up to speed within a couple weeks.

Elija2

I have a stronger archer than Armilus, but I'm wondering if I should keep her for her Demon Wave skill. Plus I LB'd her once so if I sell her I'll only get 30 rings instead of 60. :(

Yaari

I'm still not sure about the Selene event. Was there something about her having double stats during that event or am I mistaken?

And supposedly theres a timeframe in which I get more bonus point, meaning that is the best moment to use stamina fruit?

Vecks

Now that there's a raid going on, anyone playing JP version have space on their friends list? My ID is 145,861,980.

Now that there's a raid going on, anyone playing JP version have space on their friends list? My ID is 145,861,980.

I can make space since I'm not attached to any of the kind randoms that friend me but the recent update to the app borked the game so I'm can't play it until Sega fixes it. ~_~

At least Sega already knows about it and is working on it unlike Gumi

I'll add you later, lol

Vecks

I can make space since I'm not attached to any of the kind randoms that friend me but the recent update to the app borked the game so I'm can't play it until Sega fixes it. ~_~

At least Sega already knows about it and is working on it unlike Gumi

I'll add you later, lol

I didn't even realize there was an update. Haven't updated yet.

Zhengi

Wasted some prysma before they decided to add the 10+1 event. I'm working on completing quests to try to get back to 500. I have about 360 prysma so far.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nice, you get 1 guaranteed featured character for an 11 pull.

Pretty happy, I got Yawood, Carmelo, and Mimu. I was saving for v2 but figured what the hell.

Are you supposed to get a 5* for this? I just did a 10+1 and got no 5*. Best was a 4* shakti

Edit: doh, got this messed up with the most wanted recruitment. Oh well, now I have tons of rings.

Are you supposed to get a 5* for this? I just did a 10+1 and got no 5*. Best was a 4* shakti

Edit: doh, got this messed up with the most wanted recruitment. Oh well, now I have tons of rings.

Oh dang that sucks, sorry! But there were 4* featured, so I don't think 5* are guaranteed.

After reading the Sulstan analysis Gareth posted a while ago and pulling Chiyome during the last event, I'm not actually sure if I need him. I've been more or less saving rings for him since I started playing. Can anyone who plays JP comment on how useful his lifesteal ability is?

Here's my current team.

arTojtK.jpg

I'm using Hassan as a sub for his sweet attack boost. Eventually when I have the cost I'll replace him with Phoena. I'm wondering if instead of a party buff, would it be more valuable to have Sulstan as back up in the sub party?

Kettch

Man, I seem to get nothing but Kanbeh from honor pulls. This is my 3rd copy now. I've seen some people say that he's pretty good for a 3*, but I don't know. Is stealth really all that useful?

Sega fixed it, gave 3 pysrams cause they are awesome and I added you. ~_~

Either be Rebecca for the event, usually Ares otherwise.

Oh, my JPCCID is 158 085 616 - Hiro

Gizuko

JpCCID:171916548 - Giz

I'll add you guys in a bit, I'm using Shauna right now, back to Minoa after the event ends (unless I MLB Shauna).

desverger

Man, I seem to get nothing but Kanbeh from honor pulls. This is my 3rd copy now. I've seen some people say that he's pretty good for a 3*, but I don't know. Is stealth really all that useful?

Stealth isn't very useful sadly. You can avoid ranged autoattacks with it, but that's it. Maybe you could sneak next to an archer/mage in the gauntlet, but most of the time it's just better to use a dash skill instead. I don't think it has even any use in the regular content.

If you can MLB Kanbeh, he has comparable stats to a 5* LB0 character, so with three copies you would have something closer to a 4* LB0. If you mainly run a soldier team, it could be worth it - I'm still using my MLB Haruaki. Kanbeh really doesn't have anything useful regarding skills, though.

I don't really know what kind of team you have, but if you don't have anything better and aren't in dire need of rings at the moment, you might have an use for him.

Rixa

Same shit different day. This is from yesterday:

Lvl 200 is "Eric"
Lvl 84 is "Matt" (moderator from chainchronicleforum.net I think)
Lvl 66 is some user, prolly from same forum since it had CF.
After those fights it was the 131 lvl player with Schule leader.

Other lvl 200 ranks in Gauntlet are "Alaric" with Aludra leader and "John" with lvl 80 Phoena.

Iam running 2 warrior (Coro 54lvl & Dusty 50 lv) 1 cleric (Melvina), 7 mage team.
I modify my party when Trystan is at good level and take it to Gauntlet.

Edit: I have noticed, if I get to last fight. The opponent usually is at rank 50-60. Might be that half/most of my party are dead at that point.

Yaari

Yeah, I'm now running: 80 Coro 80 Lindsey, Melvina SUBS: Phoena and Juliana.

And then just all level 1's to fill it up.

The fact that you can close the game if you get into trouble and restart makes it so that you should be able to beat it every time. As long as you make sure you save up orbs every now and then in battles.

It's a nice source of items that would otherwise be quite exclusive.

Aki-at

I'm still one of the unlucky saps who gets a "connecting" message every time I try to get into the gauntlet, was hoping it was going to be a good source of extra items and enhancers for my low-level units :/

Yaari

I'm still one of the unlucky saps who gets a "connecting" message every time I try to get into the gauntlet, was hoping it was going to be a good source of extra items and enhancers for my low-level units :/

Yeah, I think they have to manually fix that. I had it since day 1, and it's not going away unless you post your ID on their forum. It magically started working the day after I posted my ID on ther.e

Aki-at

Yeah, I think they have to manually fix that. I had it since day 1, and it's not going away unless you post your ID on their forum. It magically started working the day after I posted my ID on ther.e

Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately I tried signing up as a new member and the forum said the server couldn't take any more information (Typical!) I've tried contacting them via the app but Gumi never bothers replying to my issues -_-

Guess I'm going to have to hope the forum starts taking new members again soon.

Yaari

Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately I tried signing up as a new member and the forum said the server couldn't take any more information (Typical!) I've tried contacting them via the app but Gumi never bothers replying to my issues -_-

Guess I'm going to have to hope the forum starts taking new members again soon.

If you post your ID and device I'll leave a message for you.

Kettch

Stealth isn't very useful sadly. You can avoid ranged autoattacks with it, but that's it. Maybe you could sneak next to an archer/mage in the gauntlet, but most of the time it's just better to use a dash skill instead. I don't think it has even any use in the regular content.

If you can MLB Kanbeh, he has comparable stats to a 5* LB0 character, so with three copies you would have something closer to a 4* LB0. If you mainly run a soldier team, it could be worth it - I'm still using my MLB Haruaki. Kanbeh really doesn't have anything useful regarding skills, though.

I don't really know what kind of team you have, but if you don't have anything better and aren't in dire need of rings at the moment, you might have an use for him.

Thanks for the advice. My team is pretty weak since I just started this month, but I'll probably hold them for when I need rings. Better to play the long game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Prysm bow for Tigre or Armilus? Armilus I have three of, but not sure whether to LB or sell two of them. Tigre is not LB yet but I have 560 rings so could buy a few more and still have spares for sulstan

Tbh not a big archer fan, main party is warrior

garath

Prysm bow for Tigre or Armilus? Armilus I have three of, but not sure whether to LB or sell two of them. Tigre is not LB yet but I have 560 rings so could buy a few more and still have spares for sulstan

Tbh not a big archer fan, main party is warrior

Honestly? with a main warrior party, neither. I'd just ring the bow or hold onto it. The only reason I kept Armilus was for the eventual bow demon raid where I'd want her to have the raid bow. I upgraded her to a B bow just to get some enhancers on her then she's getting parked till that raid.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Honestly? with a main warrior party, neither. I'd just ring the bow or hold onto it. The only reason I kept Armilus was for the eventual bow demon raid where I'd want her to have the raid bow. I upgraded her to a B bow just to get some enhancers on her then she's getting parked till that raid.

Thanks. I'm probably only keeping Tigre for the same reason, with some levelling up by putting them in the sub party whenever possible.

In that case, I should maybe sell my spare armilus?

garath

Thanks. I'm probably only keeping Tigre for the same reason, with some levelling up by putting them in the sub party whenever possible.

In that case, I should maybe sell my spare armilus?

I kept mine because I didn't have another bow user and getting a LB2 5* for 60 rings was appealing to me. But if you already bought Tigre then yeah, you could probably just get your rings back selling Armilus

elty

So it is a better idea to keep one Armilus just in case there is an archer raid, right? I guess I will take one it and start leveling it.

Kettch

I've cleared the gauntlet like 10 straight times now and this latest run was without a single reset, so I think I have things down pretty well now. A couple revisions to my earlier strategy:

-For the second fight, I only use Minimo in the first sub slot. She starts on the field at full health, so it's much better than having to wait for another character to die first.
-For fights 1-6 or so, the best way to go is to move your sacrificial character to the middle square in order to group up the enemies. Fire Minimo's special immediately after that. Then wait a second or two and move Minimo to the bottom right square. When she's halfway there, in between, fire off the special again and you should consistently kill both the healer and the subs. By waiting a second you should also get an extra mana roll before the fight ends.
-For the last two or three fights when you have enemies that take 2 hits, just fire off the special liberally. Don't worry about saving mana as you should have plenty, just make sure they die before being healed too much or dashing behind you.

chrono01

Last day to get Tigre. I'm not sure if I should, since I could save those FR for Frau. I have around 410 now, so I'll have enough to fully LB Sulstan/Trystan when he's released. I'm just not sure if Tigre is worth grabbing or not.

I do like her art...

Fishious

Last day to get Tigre. I'm not sure if I should, since I could save those FR for Frau. I have around 410 now, so I'll have enough to fully LB Sulstan/Trystan when he's released. I'm just not sure if Tigre is worth grabbing or not.

I do like her art...

Actually Fuuko rotates out May 1st, Tigre's still available until June. So you've got another month to decide.

Quixzlizx

I do like her art...

I'm having the same thoughts. I don't even know if I want Sulstan if I can get Selene to LB3, and Tigre's art is really nice.

chrono01

Actually Fuuko rotates out May 1st, Tigre's still available until June. So you've got another month to decide.
Oh wow, not sure how I missed that. Great news! I'll give it some more thought then.

I'm having the same thoughts. I don't even know if I want Sulstan if I can get Selene to LB3, and Tigre's art is really nice.
I just wish they'd release V2 already. I'm sitting on so many Arcana Coins. :/

desverger

I do like her art...

I know people have already mentioned she'll be up for a month, but to add to that - here's a few points for Tigre ;)

-She'll be a mvp for the next bow raid
-Easily applicable poison (30% flat on autoattack)
-Skill can be used to snipe a healer (though I wish it only cost 1 mana)
-Great art

With that said, Armilus is a good candidate as well with her mana pulling ability and freeze special. If you're just aiming for help with the raids, I think LB0 is enough for either of them.

Rixa

With that said, Armilus is a good candidate as well with her mana pulling ability and freeze special. If you're just aiming for help with the raids, I think LB0 is enough for either of them.

Since I dont need "so" much rings. I LB1 my Armilus and tomorrow Iam going to buy 1 Tigre (and 5 Trystans). Tigre is bought for the poison ability in future raids. As I said earlier, keep atleast 1 Armilus, on V2 her Kizuna ability has wave heal -> Revenge (15% boost for each ally fallen)

Edit: Kizuna ability changed from wh to revenge. I got mixed with Selene.

desverger

Since I dont need "so" much rings. I LB1 my Armilus and tomorrow Iam going to buy 1 Tigre (and 5 Trystans). Tigre is bought for the poison ability in future raids. As I said earlier, keep atleast 1 Armilus, on V2 her Kizuna ability has wave heal -> Revenge (15% boost for each ally fallen)

Edit: Kizuna ability changed from wh to revenge. I got mixed with Selene.

Oh good tip, thanks. I will sell 1 copy of Armilus, I think. I'm at about 300 rings now and making 30 in two months seems quite possible.

Rixa

Oh good tip, thanks. I will sell 1 copy of Armilus, I think. I'm at about 300 rings now and making 30 in two months seems quite possible.

You can do it in under 2 weeks. Just grind Dailies (which F2P should do all the time) and sell 3* enhancers. Its 17 rings per week (unless rng fumbles). Then all the login rewards + possible Gauntlet & event rewards.

NightDX

Neo Member
About poison, the damage it does its based of the target's HP or the character's ATK? Also you think the damageos tied to the character or its just a DoT?

Cause I thought that maybe if the poison damage was tied to the character and since the event weapon buff does 4x damage the poison might do stupid amounts of damage...

Peeaonaly I don't think that the case but... Also I think some bosses are imune to poison so demons might also be.

desverger

About poison, the damage it does its based of the target's HP or the character's ATK? Also you think the damageos tied to the character or its just a DoT?

Cause I thought that maybe if the poison damage was tied to the character and since the event weapon buff does 4x damage the poison might do stupid amounts of damage...

Peeaonaly I don't think that the case but... Also I think some bosses are imune to poison so demons might also be.

The poison is %-based. I think it's 0.5-1% hp every 3(?) secs. It does not stack or scale in any way.

I was using Tigre in the previous demon raid and the boss was definitely poisonable.

Gizuko

Do remember Kizunas only work on a character of the same class as the "Kizuna'd" one, so if you have no other archers keeping Armilus for her Kizuna is a waste. If that is the case, though, grab a Paloma or a Tigre and keep Armilus, having diverse weapons and a more than 1 team is highly recommended.

Also, kizunas %stat boos increase with level (and thus, LB), so if you are not desperate for rings, keeping her -for now- is the safest bet.

Top Bottom