• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Avalt

Second stage of "Day of the Blade" is impossible. I have no idea how people clear this ridiculously difficult content. The furthest I could go with a lvl. 80 Lindsey friend is to round 5.

It's like their expecting us to use revival fruit.... no thanks gumi.

Quixzlizx

Second stage of "Day of the Blade" is impossible. I have no idea how people clear this ridiculously difficult content. The furthest I could go with a lvl. 80 Lindsey friend is to round 5.

It's like their expecting us to use revival fruit.... no thanks gumi.

What is your party? I got through it and I don't have anyone above level 60 yet other than friends. It helps that I have Toka and Arietta, so I never have to use heals except when I'm actually being pummelled.

elty

http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Toto

I'm not sure on the excact number but i've heard some people say it's a 1.1X boost

The thing with Toto is that his skill allows you to get be independant of flame weapons/characters. Just swapping him in when there is a hard ice level in an event almost doubles your damage output.

I mean does the flame enchant (disregard of the ATK buff) by itself does anything (i,.e. does a flame weapon do extra damage) to a non vulnerable enemy?

Avalt

What is your party? I got through it and I don't have anyone above level 60 yet other than friends. It helps that I have Toka and Arietta, so I never have to use heals except when I'm actually being pummelled.

Schule, Coro, Bernadette, Melvina with Hero and Bilgitto in sub. All max lvl. except with Coro who is at lvl.50

Could probably get a slighty better result if I swapped one of my mages for Dusty, but I'm not wasting any more AP to try it.

I mean does the flame enchant (disregard of the ATK buff) by itself does anything (i,.e. does a flame weapon do extra damage) to a non vulnerable enemy?

It doesn't

The whole elemental system in this game is a pretty weak attempt to add more depth to it IMO.

BJK

I'm now 0-17 in getting my 1st item in the war sale (Holy); cannot get the 4th chest. Did get the Haksemp, but my bad luck is stopping me from doing much else.

Took one try at the Lv. 52 quest....that's not going to happen. I haven't had this much bad luck since....the last war sale.

elty

I wonder if I could get top 1500 if I just use my Prysma for it. After all, Prysma is a gamble and if I can guarantee myself a max LB character, that's always better than some LB0 5* that I pull from the gacha.

I might not have much Stamina fruit but I'm drowning in Rings and got 600 Prysma.

I think there are at least 1500+ who pay for this game regularly - that's why GUMI set the top bracket at 1500 so they can keep paying to compete for this,

Fishious

I managed to finish Day of the Blade- Tough without issue, but I'm pretty sure it was only due to having a high level team so I can't really offer any suggestions to help people having a rough time.

Having issues running Gauntlet without getting wiped. Wasn't there some trick using low levels in your teams? I'd like to get a guaranteed reward by finishing it, but thus far I only managed to do so twice.

elty gave some good advice, but I'll try to expand on that a bit. As far as I've seen no one has done any real research into how the opposing gauntlet teams are chosen, only that team level has something to do with it and you can lower it by taking low level characters. I don't think anyone has experimented to see if character rarity or player rank are factors as well and I'm personally not willing to give up my gauntlet goodies to do the amount of testing that would require.

Team Composition
The general consensus is that you'll want at least 1 strong AOE character. For most people this will be Coro, but any AOE character with high damage should be viable. Next if you have Juliana or Phoena available you'll want one (or both if your team cost permits) in your sub party. You'll want to be able to 1 shot most opposing characters with your AOE and the sub party buffers are often critical to pushing your attack high enough to do that.

Here's where people tend to have different opinions and we really need more research to determine the best strategy. You can run your remaining slots as 1* LV1 characters which should substantially drop the rank of the opponents you fight or run ~4 other strong characters and fill the remaining with 1* LV1s. Either way I'd advise running a mono color team (ignoring sub buffers) so you'll always have the right color mana for the AOE skill. Option 1 means generally easier opponents and abundant mana from character deaths. The downside is you can't take much advantage of the sub healing glitch because all your fodder will be dead before long (preventing you from placing in sub), and any enemies you can't 1 shot will probably hurt your AOE character (possibly badly. Note that Coro's spin has a small window where she's vulnerable when the skill ends before you can use it again). This option also has an issue with buffers since you'll be sacrificing characters meaning your buffers will reinforce and muck up your mana.

Option 2 means harder opponents, but with a strong AOE character + buffer you should still be able to 1 shot most enemies. If you can't, you've got strong characters who should be able to finish the enemy off with a single hit. Since you have multiple characters who don't crumple instantly this is less damage focused on your AOE character. Plus you can utilize the healing glitch by putting characters into sub to fully heal them. The downside is you're more likely to encounter dangerous characters with AOE abilities that can instantly wreck you and you've got less mana generation from character deaths.

Formation
As elty alluded to, using proper formations can give you an advantage. Your character in the 1st slot will be in the center row. If using Coro or another non full screen AOE character you generally want them here so a single AOE can hit the full enemy front line. The character in slot 2 goes on the top row, slot 3 bottom row, and slot 4 center back row. This means if your opponent has 2 front row characters (warriors/knights) you can place a character in slot 3 so they don't have to push through the front line fighters and can walk straight to the back line.

If you've got LV1 characters you want to sacrifice for mana I'd suggest putting them in slot 2 or 3 so they run straight into one of the enemy's front line fighters. This will net you 1 mana right off the bat, so even if you start the battle with no mana carried over and only roll 1 on the roulette, you can still use Coro's skill almost immediately.

Selecting opponents
Sometimes you'll hit forks where you can choose between 2 opponents. Generally you should pick the weaker one, following the guidelines I'm about to give (unless you're at the last fork and you really want that prysma). When given the option choose teams that don't have an archer or mage. They'll probably hit you a few times before you get in range and there's a good chance they'll use their skill before you can reach them. Definitely avoid anyone with full screen AOE (Cheery, Aludra, Phoena).

If possible, choose a team that has 3 warriors/knights and a healer or dancer (an exception to the avoid ranged rule). You can kill the front line with one Coro skill, intercept the reinforcements (depending might want to use someone other than your AOE character since I've too often caught a healer with Coro's spin). At this point stall until you have 5 mana. With a dancer just move your characters out of the way of attacks until it starts dancing. With a healer it'l generally come up to hit you so I generally click and drag to swap character positions continually so I don't kill it too quickly. Starting a battle with 5 mana can make even the most difficult fights trivial.

A full warrior/knight party is easy pickings, but likely won't give you time to build up mana.

Combat!!!
Time to fight! Open with an AOE to take down the front row. If fighting a melee party, wait for them to come to you. Gives more time for the mana slots to pop up. If there's a dangerous ranged enemy, but full front line I suggest tapping Auto battle on then off so all your characters move up. An extra second of travel time can be the difference between victory and failure. Then move someone in to kill the ranged character (Coro will probably still be in spin animation at this point so she's not the best choice).

If you kill 2 characters simultaneously (which you should be doing with AOE) the reinforcements with come in stacked on top of each other. They'll walk up to their front line, then move to their proper positions based on class. You can easily get them both with an AOE while they're stacked.

Remember that your characters are invulnerable during their specials while opponents aren't. If things get bad, you can use a skill to save that character from a full screen AOE or other danger. Since enemies aren't invulnerable you can sometimes kill them before the skill goes off. Lindsey and other characters with quick activating skills are useful here. If you can kill the full screen AOE characters before their skill finishes (even if the meteor animation has already started) it won't deal damage if they die first.

Cheat
The enemies can use their skills without regard to cost or mana type so why should you play fair? Here are some notable glitches you can use to help.

Sub healing- Any character placed in your sub party will come out fully healed. If you're using high level characters you can put a different person into sub after every battle and rotate them around so you've always got someone to take hits.

Force close- If you close the app before you get the notification screen that you've lost (cuz all your guys died) you can open it back up with everyone just as they were before you entered the fight. Useful if you screw up, but it may not be enough if you're facing a strong team.

I use the team outlined in Option 2 and it's been quite a while since I failed to reach the last fork (where I consider the best goodies to be) and generally make it all the way through 74% of the time.

Yaari

Thanks. I wasn't sure if Juliana and Phoena really worked in this mode.
I guess Option 2 is best for me. I had a max Coro and both Juliana and Phoena, so not using them would be a waste.

I think there are at least 1500+ who pay for this game regularly - that's why GUMI set the top bracket at 1500 so they can keep paying to compete for this,

Do we know how how large the playerbase is?

Anyway, with all the whales and everyone spamming their stamina fruits it will be next to impossible to get a decent rank in this event. I guess i'm going to wait for the next soldier event before i go all in. The hype would've died down by then making it more predictable. With some luck we could also get more generous tiers.

Fishious

Anyway, with all the whales and everyone spamming their stamina fruits it will be next to impossible to get a decent rank in this event. I guess i'm going to wait for the next soldier event before i go all in. The hype would've died down by then making it more predictable. With some luck we could also get more generous tiers.

I'm curious about the size of the player base too. It's worth noting that the guide Rixa posted (which is for a later event) shows that tier 1 is rank 1-10,000 while tier 2 is 10,001-100,000. It's possible that the difference is due to the differing sizes of the player bases or maybe the the rank tiers were much narrower for this event in Japan as well (if anyone has a link I'd appreciate). Of course it's also possible that Gumi is just going for the money grab.

Personally I'll take a wait and see approach and see how quickly those top ranks fill and how much of a gap there is between obvious whales and everyone else before I go too crazy with my stamina fruit.

elty

Schule, Coro, Bernadette, Melvina with Hero and Bilgitto in sub. All max lvl. except with Coro who is at lvl.50

Could probably get a slighty better result if I swapped one of my mages for Dusty, but I'm not wasting any more AP to try it.

I couldn't beat that either. I imagine if you have someone to snip the dancer at the back it would be easier but I am not going to bother.

elty

GUMI knows, so they can just set the tier to be reachable by spender but not the free rider.

I'm curious about the size of the player base too. It's worth noting that the guide Rixa posted (which is for a later event) shows that tier 1 is rank 1-10,000 while tier 2 is 10,001-100,000.

I think the original JP Selena event you need to be in the top 50 to MLB her. It was later changed to top 1000 (after complains I guess?)

Vecks

What's the reward for the lv52 quest today? I barely made it through the 2nd run, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to use a revival fruit to finish up the last part of it.

NightDX

Neo Member
Need help with day of blade.

Does any of you have farlim? I had one as a friend but can't find him... I could probably do it with her dance... My Yoshiko could use increased crit chance because of her chance to daze on crit.

Would I change her weapon from deathtail to kikuichimonji?

Rixa

Yaari

Interesting. So if I can run the difficult quest, I should have plenty more points to show for it, if I will actually bother going for a high rank. I am pretty sure I can manage top 1500. I've got alot of rings and prysma.

Quixzlizx

So what exactly are the urgent quests and defend quests? They don't seem like they give a particularly high amount of points when compared with the free quests. Do the stamina fruit rewards refresh?

elty

So what exactly are the urgent quests and defend quests? They don't seem like they give a particularly high amount of points when compared with the free quests. Do the stamina fruit rewards refresh?

I think they are time sensitive (defend quest appears in mid event while the emergency one appears in end event). I guess it gives you more fruit as completion bonus. They also has higher pt/AP.

elty

Also, in gauntlet mode healer will only move if he is out of range to heal. This means Latty, Johan or any with extended range will just sit back at the left column. This means you can comfortably stand at his row and stares each other - regaining HP and mana and laugh at the archer standing nearby,

Kettch

Sweet, I actually finished the gauntlet for the first time. With just my level 30 Minimo and 9 level 1 mages.

My strategy is:

-Fill up on mana with the first fight. Just walk around constantly and let the healer whack you until you're full.
-Put Minimo in the first reserve spot for the full heal, remove the other 3 after getting her there. I had to restart this fight once because the opponent's Hero dashes behind her due to the delay of coming out. I fixed it by sending my starting mage to the bottom row first to die, apparently that let me get off Minimo's special before he gets in position to do the dash.
-Rest of the fights are pretty straightforward. One sacrificial mage per fight. After wiping out the first fighters, move Minimo to the bottom row to wipe out the reserves and the healer in one shot. Restart if anything goes weird. Anyone dashing behind is an auto-restart because Minimo can never hit them there. Last fight was against high 20s/low 30s. Several of them needed 2 hits, which I can hopefully fix by upping Minimo's wand and maybe leveling her if that doesn't increase the opponent's levels too much.

By the way, does anyone know what happens if you only send in a reserve fighter? Do they just walk out immediately?

desverger

By the way, does anyone know what happens if you only send in a reserve fighter? Do they just walk out immediately?

I think you either can't or you will lose the fight immediately. I tried to play smart once and had a non-full roster with a few subs. Once my main squad (which was just 1 person) died, I got a game over :p

Could've been a bug too, I guess.

Kettch

I think you either can't or you will lose the fight immediately. I tried to play smart once and had a non-full roster with a few subs. Once my main squad (which was just 1 person) died, I got a game over :p

Yeah, that's a bug or it's been fixed. I've been sending in one main and one sub and it's worked fine. Once the main dies, the sub comes out.

Rixa

I do. I tested this. I had 1 unit left (to last battle). It was injured unit and on first reserve place. Entered to battle (I was thinking it is game over asap), unit was on the field and in full health.

Ofc I did lose, but didnt get game over as soon as I entered.

Azusa

1 ticket pull: got Shakti.

She has a 40% gold increase. But I have like 3 000 000+ gold and don't know what to do with that.

Nice, you get 1 guaranteed featured character for an 11 pull.

Pretty happy, I got Yawood, Carmelo, and Mimu. I was saving for v2 but figured what the hell.

Avalt

Pretty happy, I got Yawood, Carmelo, and Mimu. I was saving for v2 but figured what the hell.

I want to try but with my terrible luck I know I would get 10x 3* and 1x Phillip
If anyone else pulls 10+1, please post the results :p

Edit: Hold on the featured recruits are:

5* Mimu
5* Symphonia
5* Carmelo
4* Shakti
4* Yawood

Any of them any good? I wonder what are the odds of getting an UR vs SR on the bonus draw.

Quixzlizx

I'm thinking it's a better idea to use my prysma to buy stamina fruit during the Selene event to make sure I at can at least LB3 her. She'd probably be more useful than a LB0 version of any of these new characters.

Gizuko

Any of them actually good? I have no archer or knight worth mentioning.

Did you keep at least 1 arminus copy?

Currently knights are nothing to write home about, and Arminus at least covers future raids. Those 50 prysma could be useful for the selene event (unless they are tickets).

Symphonia is not too good, and Shakti is a better Nelva, but still not that good. I can't say I have tried the rest, though.

[Edit] Oh, but there's Bliza, and Alvert and Vienta. Mmmm the old characters featured in the gacha are fairly solid - except Lolleta and Lephret. Lolleta's saving grace is her CQ, though.

Did you keep at least 1 arminus copy?

Currently knights are nothing to write home about, and Arminus at least covers future raids. Those 50 prysma could be useful for the selene event (unless they are tickets).

Symphonia is not too good, and Shakti is a better Nelva, but still not that good. I can't say I have tried the rest, though.

People like Carmelo cause he's capable of being a melee archer.

garath

My mind is boggled. 6 tries on the daily 20ap with nyphma. Do I have trouble getting the last chest? Nope. It's the SECOND chest. I just can't get it lol.

Going to be no fortune ring for me today.

Avalt

My mind is boggled. 6 tries on the daily 20ap with nyphma. Do I have trouble getting the last chest? Nope. It's the SECOND chest. I just can't get it lol.

Those days happen, but its usually the last chest that doesn't want to drop :p

So they seem to have to removed the invincibility when using skills while running the gauntlet. My go to strategy went out the window. Still doable but a LOT more restarts where needed.

Also my sub-party went back to healing after battles. It could all just be a bug though.

Gizuko

I just used the invincibility to guard against a Minimo's skill, so it might have been a bug.

RANT: WTF is wrong with gumi! Whoever thought of disabling the skill button for a second before and after an enemy skill clearly didn't test it. I just got chained to death between a Melvina and a Robby. I had 3 green mana and couldn't cast Celeya's skill (1mana) because the skill-spam kept blocking the damn button!

Seriously, I usually don't get angry, I just laugh it off, but this is outrageous.

elty

You can sell the 3* enhancer :)

So they seem to have to removed the invincibility when using skills while running the gauntlet. My go to strategy went out the window. Still doable but a LOT more restarts where needed.

Also my sub-party went back to healing after battles. It could all just be a bug though.

Activating the skill does not always grant invincibility. If, say some archer do the 10x arrow rain skill, and you activate your skill only after the 1st arrow hit, then you will take the full damage. If you activate the skill before the 1st arrow hit, then you will not take any damage. I think this applies to all multi hit skill.

Activating the skill does not always grant invincibility. If, say some archer do the 10x arrow rain skill, and you activate your skill only after the 1st arrow hit, then you will take the full damage. If you activate the skill before the 1st arrow hit, then you will not take any damage. I think this applies to all multi hit skill.

No I mean today there was zero invincibility even from auto attacks. I was playing by the same rules as the enemy team basically.

Rixa

So are you all preparing for the MLB Trystan (Sulstan)? Iam trying as hard as I can to collect enhancers, I do now have

12 x 1* enhancers (7 warriors)
28 x 2* enhancers (18 warriors)
1x 4* enhancer (warrior)

4x 5* Trystan to be merged (when its available)

I dont have 3* enhancers and I wont collect them, since I sell all the 3* enhancers & foragers to rings (doing dailies everyday). I still have few days to collect enhancers, my guess is that I might get (without Great Success) Trystan to around level 35-40.

Today is warrior daily so I suggest go to collect some warrior enhancers, but dont use stamina fruits, cause you need them on next week.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

They could have mentioned that earlier, before some people used up prysma when the festival first started :(

Top Bottom