• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

With this additional fever time I may run out of stamina fruits though. I'm down to 21.

Have you done event story? Cause you should spend some stamina fruits to story. It takes time and huge amount of APs to clear it. 779 AP to get Selene from event story. Last 4 fights alone are 25 AP per fight.

garath

Have you done event story? Cause you should spend some stamina fruits to story. It takes time and huge amount of APs to clear it. 779 AP to get Selene from event story. Last 4 fights alone are 25 AP per fight.

I just completed lost village. Basically just grinding defend quest during fever time and advancing other times. So not going too fast.

I have 4 SSFs as well. Going to save them for Friday which will essentially be my last fever time. I won't be able to over the weekend.

Oreoleo

Wow what luck. Woke up from a bad dream (fucking spiders everywhere holy shit) and decided to do one quest since I'd still regen my AP to full before the next advance time. Imagine my surprise when advance time came up ^o^

garath

Damn. I need more Nimpha friends :(

I like the third battlefield defender quest. With the 4 waves, it's a no-look 2x auto battle and fast as hell. More than makes up for the extra points you get from the higher ones with the 2 extra waves. (Thanks for the suggestion Rixa)

but I'm at the point now where I only have a Nimpha friend 1 in 3. I've done like 20 battles so far lol.

This is going to be a long week. Almost wish Gumi didn't add the additional fever time. Now I'm not confident of my ability to stay in the top 1500 as much.

Oreoleo

You need to have both a copy of Selene and the compensation points that Gumi send you this morning, in your gift box.

You select them both together, and them draw them out of your gift box.

This guy claims it will get duped.
This didn't work for me.

In the last advance period, almost everyone on my friends list was active while it was going on. There is definitely a healthy amount of shadenfreude going on right now seeing all my friends active 2, 3, 6 hours ago, knowing I'll be climbing ranks and they won't >:)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just missed out on extending a 'chance to advance' by about 3 seconds, couldn't burn my AP fast enough becUse I levelled up in the middle.

Chance to advance or fever time is massively OP though. Basically just spam super stamina fruit and you earn way more than you do in normal play. Going to have to pay attention to the 8pm ones now. 7500 position is at about 8k points (was 5k yesterday). But it doesn't look like there is even anyone at 30,000 position

Wait-just got another chance to advance. Is that what fever time looks like? Because I was doing story levels during the last hour which should be the new fever time gumi added?

Yaari

125K points now. Didn't take too much Stamina Fruit. I can do this a few more times as I got 29 left. I'm just worried about the Super Fever Time that people mentioned. It could pretty much render my points useless.

I guess I'm fortunate to have Nimpha.

garath

Argh. I miss timed it.. was about 10 seconds off getting another fever. Doh. Oh well. Pulled in 32k with 50 minutes today (didn't start playing until 10 min in). That seems to be my average. I use about 4 stamina fruits.

That means I have enough for 4 more fever events. 5 if I include my SSF. Hmm..

Wonder if I should use any prysma. I guess it depends how close I am.

125K points now. Didn't take too much Stamina Fruit. I can do this a few more times as I got 29 left. I'm just worried about the Super Fever Time that people mentioned. It could pretty much render my points useless.

I guess I'm fortunate to have Nimpha.

I don't think you have to worry about top 1500. What are you grinding? You're definitely pulling in more on average than me :/ I'm only at 82k now.

Quixzlizx

These times are completely screwing over EST people. 8-9 am is when most people are heading to work, 3-4 pm is during work hours, and 1-2 am is when most people with jobs are sleeping.

garath

These times are completely screwing over EST people. 8-9 am is when most people are heading to work, 3-4 pm is during work hours, and 1-2 am is when most people with jobs are sleeping.

Yep. I'm fortunate that I came into work early today. I just 2x auto battle in my lap. Same deal with the afternoon one. I still get interrupted and I don't maximize the time but I just hope it's good enough.

Quixzlizx

Yep. I'm fortunate that I came into work early today. I just 2x auto battle in my lap. Same deal with the afternoon one. I still get interrupted and I don't maximize the time but I just hope it's good enough.

Yeah, I play at my desk in the afternoon as well. Hopefully one FT a day is enough to get top 1500.

bonkeng

Same as you, third battlefield.

Whats so special about third battlefield compared to the rest? Im still going up story quest, as I only have a few fruits. I still dont know where to farm when I finish up story.

I'll be content with just 1501-7500 ranks lol. Currently rank 3585.

Yaari

Whats so special about third battlefield compared to the rest? Im still going up story quest, as I only have a few fruits. I still dont know where to farm when I finish up story.

I like it because its fast. The other ones take me way too long to be efficient. I'd run second battlefield if the third took me long. But it works for me, its 4 waves and the chests come up often enough.

Aki-at

Holy moly at Gareth and Yaari pulling 32k and 100k ;_; we are all peasants to your abilities!

It's the easiest one, 4 waves so time efficient too.

garath

So now I have 3 or 4 4* warrior enhancers. Wonder if I should use them on Trystan to make him stronger right now or save them for Selene. If I'm LB3 or MLB with her, I'm going to want to ramp her up asap, especially with the possibility of a spear raid in the near future. Her mana ability will be insane for those bosses.

Quixzlizx

I think I saw someone saying tjay during the weekend there will not be fever time???

I'm struggling to catch this fever times and my plan was to catch up during the weekend...

I'm rank 5000 with 13k.

Where have you heard that? I haven't seen that info anywhere.

So now I have 3 or 4 4* warrior enhancers. Wonder if I should use them on Trystan to make him stronger right now or save them for Selene. If I'm LB3 or MLB with her, I'm going to want to ramp her up asap, especially with the possibility of a spear raid in the near future. Her mana ability will be insane for those bosses.

Probably the latter if you want to go for that.

garath

Probably the latter if you want to go for that.

It's probably the better idea yeah. No more urgent quests left and those were the only ones I struggled with. Reset of the event is mostly a cakewalk. Might be some defend quests I'll struggle with near black fortress but that'll be it. Getting Selene up and running asap will be the better move. Especially if she's MLB. That's 10k base attack. Wow.

Yaari

Forgot about that. I've prolly wasted some stuff on Trystan then when Selene was the much better option. Oh well, I should have some time to get her up and running too.

bonkeng

I like it because its fast. The other ones take me way too long to be efficient. I'd run second battlefield if the third took me long. But it works for me, its 4 waves and the chests come up often enough.

It's the easiest one, 4 waves so time efficient too.

Ohhh. I'll try it out soon. Thanks guys. If you have friend slot left, can you guys invite me? My friend code is 189,209,901.

I've used 10 regular and 2 SSF (before I knew better).

Wow, only 10. it seems that it won't be hard to get 1500. I also don't think that there is a huge group of players waiting for the last day and then using everything. This one's in the bag. LB3 is really easy to obtain for everyone who tries.

garath

Wow, only 10. it seems that it won't be hard to get 1500. I also don't think that there is a huge group of players waiting for the last day and then using everything. This one's in the bag. LB3 is really easy to obtain for everyone who tries.

Personally, I'm going to run out of stamina fruits before the end of the event. I started with 26 or 27. I used some unwisely (just progression). I either have a choice of using some prysma to get 10 more at the cost of 80 or just let it ride. If I could guarantee playing during the last two days of fevers I'd go ahead and buy up some fruits with my prysma (better than just getting 3* units with them no?) but I'm unsure now. Not sure how crazy people will go those last couple days to get their rank up when I'm going to be handcuffed.

garath

Hmm.. the only issue with the extra fever now is I don't have any spare AP to advance without using fruits. The gap between fevers isn't even enough to fill the AP bar. :/

Going to have to progress one way or another. Can't get the last Selene without it.

Throw me in with those who regret getting Sulstan now that it looks very doable to get Selene.

I just got enough cost to put Phoena into my sub who I haven't leveled at all. 3 characters to 80 will take a whiiiiile.

Azusa

Throw me in with those who regret getting Sulstan now that it looks very doable to get Selene.

Selene is useless if you cant MLB her or at least LB3. Im thinking to sell my copies of Selene if I get more than one. I don't aim to top and only used 5 stamina fruits that was given by Gumi or quest rewards in last days. I'm actually hoarding fruits for the next events.

Quixzlizx

Selene is useless if you cant MLB her or at least LB3. Im thinking to sell my copies of Selene if I get more than one. I don't aim to top and only used 5 stamina fruits that was given by Gumi or quest rewards in last days. I'm actually hoarding fruits for the next events.

Which events?

garath

It seems that it's not impossible to also get the other characters and still compete in this one considering the way this event is going.

Yeah. I actually think this may be the easiest time we'll have for ranking stuff. Next time around people might be a little more efficient. As it stands, there's almost no way NOT to get 7500 or better rank. Currently 7500 has 10,401 points. You can get that in one fever without stamina fruits. Everyone in here should at least have a LB3 Selene.

I'm in the 400s right now with 82k points.

I know she's a little redundant having just MLB'd Trystan but screw it. Live for the now. Have fun. The possibility of a MLB selene is tempting. Plus she will absolutely crush the spear demon raid with her mana ability, high base attack and per wave heal.

desverger

I have a feeling that I'll have to forget fever farming now and rush to the end of the war chronicle story. I'm just gonna play during fever times, since there are 3 now, but I'm actually worried about the amount of AP needed to finish the story.

I'm only at Battlefield 3 yet and there's about 4 days to finish it.

I'm thinking of just skipping Frau and all the other fortune ring characters. With 350 rings i could buy loads of stamina fruits and guarantee getting the event characters MLB. Compare Sulstan to any event character and you'll see that the event characters are way beter.

garath

I have a feeling that I'll have to forget fever farming now and rush to the end of the war chronicle story. I'm just gonna play during fever times, since there are 3 now, but I'm actually worried about the amount of AP needed to finish the story.

I'm only at Battlefield 3 yet and there's about 4 days to finish it.

I feel the same concern. I'm at the 4th battlefield but still a long way to go. Would be silly to finish in top 1500 with no Selene from the black fortress hah

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm thinking of just skipping Frau and all the other fortune ring characters. With 350 rings i could buy loads of stamina fruits and guarantee getting the event characters MLB. Compare Sulstan to any event character and you'll see that the event characters are way beter.

this is interesting. I have about 240 rings at the moment and already MLB'd sulstan/tristan. Didn't even know you could buy stamina fruit with rings.

this is interesting. I have about 240 rings at the moment and already MLB'd sulstan/tristan. Didn't even know you could buy stamina fruit with rings.

Yeah you can do it at the fortune ring exchange. 10 rings for 2 fruits. That 70 Stamina fruit for a MLB fortune ring character (350). That's an insane amount of fruits.

Edit: Screw it, this seems so OP that i'll go all out in this event and every one to come. See you guys in the 1500 bracket.

Yaari

Apparently I am ranked 115 right now. That's not bad. Will push hard this next hour and that should be enough for a while.

Elija2

You can also buy stamina fruit with honour tokens. If you get through the entire gauntlet you'll probably get enough tokens to buy one.

garath

Whoops. Misclick. I just used a SSF. Lol. Oh well.

I've actually been grinding the 4th battlefield this time to see if there's any difference. I'm not seeing much. I just have to micro manage it just a tiny bit more with the poison and maybe I'll use one less stamina fruit. I have the same points gains. 50 min = 30k points or so. I'll finish this segment around 35-37k points I think.

The biggest issue I have is when I've gone through all my friend Nimphas. Getting 1 chest on a run is horrible.

edit: No, I'm going to call it.. third battlefield > fourth battlefield. I got just about the same amount of points with 10 min less this morning grinding third battlefield exclusively.

Even going through this whole fever time, I still have less than Yaari did this morning lol.

This went pretty well, only thing that's really bothering me is actually getting the Selene from completing the event. Going very slowly through the map.

Top Bottom