• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Absol

Final main event quest has bombermen as mobs. They also spawn during boss phases. Which caught me off guard since I was in 2x auto battle lol.

Avalt

From this point on, there should only be 12-13 more fever times left. (Depending if next Monday @1am will be available)

I believe using 2 stamina fruits per fever will be enough to get in the top 1500. I have been constantly moving up the ranks doing just that. (Sitting @ rank 807 since the last update)

I might use a couple extra spare super stamina fruit on Sunday thou :p

Miff

Anyone got missing conquest points in their inbox?

I got 3K. wonder what's that about.

It's compensation as the points from the free quest final (bonus) chest drop weren't being added to the total. They still don't add on to the total even when you collect them from your gift box; Gumi aware apparently.

garath

Well thanks to an accidental use of a SSF I ended up with 41k points this fever time. Meh. Yaari is so much faster than me lol.

122k total. Not too bad. My hope is it will keep me in the top 500 through tonight. I just can't do the 1am fever time.

I'm still worried about missing the last ones on the weekend. Might have to try and find SOME time to play them

48k with one SSR. My best yet. I really hope doing one of these a day is enough. I'm asleep for one of the times and in work for the other.

Quixzlizx

I only managed about 25k points this fever time. I was grinding 4th battlefield since I figured I'd run out of stamina fruit before I run out of fever times, so I'm OK with getting fewer points each time if it allows me to conserve my stamina fruits a bit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When does it sync up peoples' scores? Mine is still saying 41k even though I have 71k now. If I look manually at the 1500 and 7500 places, will that show an up to date score, or from the last time it synced up? 1500 place is showing 45k points and 7500 is showing 10k points. 30000 place still showing no player scores

garath

When does it sync up peoples' scores? Mine is still saying 41k even though I have 71k now. If I look manually at the 1500 and 7500 places, will that show an up to date score, or from the last time it synced up? 1500 place is showing 45k points and 7500 is showing 10k points. 30000 place still showing no player scores

It's 2 or 3 times a day. A couple hours after fever time at least.

In JPCC news:

CEWaie3VIAA-d1u.jpg

Managed to reach rank 100 in the recent demon raid, woo. Highest I ever gotten in any demon raid.

Also managed to do 400 demon coins pull for my guarantee copy. Crappy luck though since I haven't managed to get a copy of her outside of the ones you'll for sure get though.

Yaari

Well thanks to an accidental use of a SSF I ended up with 41k points this fever time. Meh. Yaari is so much faster than me lol.

122k total. Not too bad. My hope is it will keep me in the top 500 through tonight. I just can't do the 1am fever time.

I'm still worried about missing the last ones on the weekend. Might have to try and find SOME time to play them

It's probably Nimpha and my kill speed. It adds up over the duration of an hour. I went through plenty of Stamina Fruits though. I think that really is the thing, as long as you do enough runs, you'll get there. You'll have to burn some Stamina one way or another to set yourself ahead of people that don't.

One thing that worries me is the 2-3 times it updates. It might get tricky when you don't know how far you are ahead of the others. I plan to ease a little bit on the stamina usage, but still.

Oreoleo

Miff was on point the other day when he said it was every 6 hours. Next update is in 40 minutes.

Vylash

In JPCC news:

Managed to reach rank 100 in the recent demon raid, woo. Highest I ever gotten in any demon raid.

Also managed to do 400 demon coins pull for my guarantee copy. Crappy luck though since I haven't managed to get a copy of her outside of the ones you'll for sure get though.
congrats! i'm gonna reach 90 before it ends in a few hours, needless to say i did better than EN where i struggles for 50

Absol

Rankings just updated. I have 75951 points and at rank 808. Most of my points came from when I rushed through to main event quests and a few defend quests. Did this all only on fever times.

Don't think I'm going to be wasting anymore fruits since I think (hopefully) I've got the 1500 rank rewards in the bag. I'll just use up all my AP when fever time hits and thats it.

Elija2

Well shit, I'm currently at rank 95. There's no way it'll be this easy to max LB Selene. The whales are just biding their time, aren't they?

chrono01

Anybody else having connection problems today?
Not me, everything is working here.

Rankings just updated. I have 75951 points and at rank 808. Most of my points came from when I rushed through to main event quests and a few defend quests. Did this all only on fever times.

Don't think I'm going to be wasting anymore fruits since I think (hopefully) I've got the 1500 rank rewards in the bag. I'll just use up all my AP when fever time hits and thats it.
Yeah, I'm at Rank 150 with 140,153 points. The Top 1500 is sitting at 54,453 points.

...LB4 Selene could be possible! O_O

Yaari

Rank 74 with 175k. Points. It's not even taking me much effort compared to some of the way more difficult games to rank like School Idol Festival. It's been pretty ridiculously easy.

Well shit, I'm currently at rank 95. There's no way it'll be this easy to max LB Selene. The whales are just biding their time, aren't they?

The thing is that they'll have to start soon. With time zones being a thing people will only be able to farm on certain moments and it will be impossible for them to get all the points on the last day. Expect the 1500 tier to increase faster and faster because more people are feeling the heat and want to cash out.

I think we'll be able to make a reasonable expectation for the required points in two days or so. By then everyone who wants to MLB Selene will have started farming.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I'm about the same, bit behind. I only did this evenings fever, and I got ten minutes of the earlier one and soent some SSF. Now only have 5 SF so can't extend past the normal fever hours, but with the newly added one I have a chance to do it twice a day. Might drop some rings on SF in the last day or two, depending on my position and if the leaderboards blow up. Or 140 prysma for 15 SSF - better chance at a return than three pulls

But as there are less than 30k people even on the board at all, I think gumi must have miscalculated something? At this point you're basically guaranteed one Selene, or three if you finish the quest (bound to hit 50k by then).

Miff

An interesting site has recently been posted on GUMI forums, for anyone who wants to play around with ranking data; horc.bitbucket.org

I was interested to see what the points curve looked like; http://i.imgur.com/zhUJecZ.png

As you can gather, it's very easy to rise and fall at the moment, with the latter half of the second tier requiring less than 25? points to climb up; http://i.imgur.com/pIFgdrQ.png
In that area, literally every time a player completes a quest, they rocket upwards.

You can even identify GAF / CF'ers, if you want to track progress against friends. Not that the event is competitive in the slightest; I worry for GlobalCC's future.

Fishious

Currently rank 255 with 117k points. As I said last time, I've been taking it pretty easy since yesterday. I've been using my natural stamina + 1-2 stamina fruit during fever time to maintain my rank. I went back and did all the defend quests since they reward a stamina/super stamina fruit for getting all drops. Since I can usually get all the drops using Nimpha friends and under a full stamina bar (currently 71) the stamina fruit basically pay for themselves.

Since Yaari seems to be racking up the points I'm curious how many stamina fruits everyone generally goes through each fever time. Generally I pull down ~20k points per fever time, but I'm only using natural stamina and a couple of fruit.

Merun

I'm at rank 2490. Is there any reason to not blow all my stamina fruits on this?

How many fruits do you have? I would only blow them if it helps you move up into the reward tier. Doing a full fever hour with stamina fruits ( around 5 fruits, 25k points) should push you into the top 1500, but after you need to keep that lead and for now we can barely estimate.

Yesterday the line was at 30k, today it's at 54k. It seems like doing a whole fruity fever is enough to stay in the pack, or balance each fever to make 30k per days I guess.

garath

I hit rank 220 with my ~120k points. I'd like to believe I'm going to hold onto this and get that <1500 rank. But we'll see. I'm just going to grind as hard as I can through Friday and see where it gets me.

It is nice to see the 1500 barrier only moved up 10k points. That says get better than an average of 10k points per fever and you're golden. So only getting 2 per day I need 30k per day to stay ahead.

edit: lol.. math is good. I had this typed up and didn't submit for like 30 min. Glad to see Merun also came up with the 30k per day number.

I get around 30k per fever with 3-4 fruit.

Avalt

An interesting site has recently been posted on GUMI forums, for anyone who wants to play around with ranking data; horc.bitbucket.org

I was interested to see what the points curve looked like;
Data from before the last fever rush.

zhUJecZ.png

As you can gather, it's very easy to rise and fall at the moment, with the latter half of the second tier requiring less than 25? points to climb up. In that area, literally every time they complete a quest, they rocket upwards.

pIFgdrQ.png

You can even identify GAF / CF'ers, if you want to track progress against friends. Not that the event is competitive in the slightest.

Zzzzz.... I'm sure someone out there can do something more interesting.

There are 7 users with GAF in their name that are inside the 1500 :p
I'm one of them :)

elty

so...

1500th
30953 2015.05.06 - 00:00
41888 2015.05.06 - 06:00
45976 2015.05.06 - 12:00
54453 2015.05.06 - 18:00

There will be no fever time between now and the next update, so it looks like you need at least 27-30K point per day to maintain top 1500. I think it is likely that people will gain more points in weekend... so probably 200K points will secure a top 1500 finish?

I have 51K points and now rank 1646. I guess I will try to push it since I can get 30K point for one fever time.

By the way, should I even bother with urgent quest? Seems to be not very rewarding - too risky to do it in fever time, too wasteful of stamina fruit outside. Same for free quest.

edit: I think many people are unware the new fever time, so the point requirement may increase a bit to 33-35K per day if we assume 10K per fever time.

johnsmith

remember me
Has anybody completed "Cleanse the Third Battlefield"?

I swear that first chest will never drop. I've spent a ridiculous amount of stamina on it.

Edit: got right after this. complaining on gaf:
qjXtVep.gif

And burned a bunch of fruits, and barely got to where the 1500 rank person was in the last update. There's no way I'll be able to get into the top 1500 unless i start burning my fortune rings and spending money. I only have 14 fruits left.

chrono01

This wasn't a good Fever Time event for me. Not many chest drops, even with Nimpha. I went from 140,153 to 177,633. I didn't focus purely on farming the Defend Quest this time, since I still need to clear the main event quests for the Selene. :(

I have Stamina Fruit x5 and Super Stamina Fruit x3 to use still, and Fortune Rings if I get desperate.

We'll see how things look after the update.

Rixa

Every 6h ranking is refreshed. 1500 increase is about about 12k points per fever. Managed to finish story on this event and didnt use stamina fruits so only netted 3800 points :). But now I can focus to farming fevers.

Total amount of AP needed to clear event story is 779. Depends your AP max but about 10-14 stamina fruits. As I said earlier last 4 fights do take 100 AP.

Azusa

horc.bitbucket.org

So many GAF members in the top and I dont think I have all of you in my friend list. OK.
I'm rank 3031 and I hope to stay in the <7500 bracket. Don't want to grind for <1500 but if I manage to get there by luck or by low competition it will be OK too lol. I'm using only one fever time as the other two times are inconvenient for me.

Rixa

...Wow. I'd better get those done with the next event. I just have one more Route Battle until I unlock the final stage, so I'm nearly there. Still, 100AP...

Yup 25 ap per fight. But they give ok PTS if you do them at fever time (if you have time to do it). Fights are about 9 wave each. I did use 60 ap last fever:

1. Trigger fever by running 10 ap 3rd battlefield defend quest got about 200-300 pts
2. Run 2nd last fight in story got about 1000 pts (got 2 chest).
3. Run last fight got about 2500 pts (got 3 chest).

^^ Used friend Nimpha on all those 3 fights. Annoying bombers, but Aludra helps (or Cheery).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just bought 15 SSF for 140 prysma, but now I realised I only have about 4 SF left. So while I can extend the end of a few fevers, I won't have enough SF to make use of it :/

May need to buy some SF as well to balance out. Need to check when I'm doing fever time how many SF I need in a 10 minute segment. I think only one per 10m (62 AP so 6 rounds of defense, just over a minute each)

Used friend Nimpha on all those 3 fights. Annoying bombers, but Aludra helps (or Cheery).

How hard is the last story mission if you compare it to the lvl 50 quests at the earlier battlefields?

BTW, in how many hours is the next fever time? i'll try to complete the story then.

chrono01

Yup 25 ap per fight. But they give ok PTS if you do them at fever time (if you have time to do it). Fights are about 9 wave each. I did use 60 ap last fever:

1. Trigger fever by running 10 ap 3rd battlefield defend quest got about 200-300 pts
2. Run 2nd last fight in story got about 1000 pts (got 2 chest).
3. Run last fight got about 2500 pts (got 3 chest).

^^ Used friend Nimpha on all those 3 fights. Annoying bombers, but Aludra helps (or Cheery).
Thanks for this. It helps with my planning.

I just bought 15 SSF for 140 prysma, but now I realised I only have about 4 SF left. So while I can extend the end of a few fevers, I won't have enough SF to make use of it :/

May need to buy some SF as well to balance out. Need to check when I'm doing fever time how many SF I need in a 10 minute segment. I think only one per 10m (62 AP so 6 rounds of defense, just over a minute each)
Don't worry, Super Stamina Fruit restores your AP as well.

the teacher doesn't seem to be added to the magic academy pool, oh no

probably not yet, it looks like only the Holy Capital, Soul Island and Nine Territories got updated pick-ups

though kinda expect her to be added the Ocean's Dawn one since she looks like a pirate, lol

BTW:

Somehow, JPCC managed to kill the demon at least 20 million times, lol

So that means everyone gets 20 prysmas, a bunch of enhancers and weapons and a 5 star Knuckles V.2.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How hard is the last story mission if you compare it to the lvl 50 quests at the earlier battlefields?

BTW, in how many hours is the next fever time? i'll try to complete the story then.

I don't know if there are multiple rounds in the final area, but I just finished the first two missions and was barely scraping through. My party is lv 50 Elemia, lv 37 Trystan, lv 60 Coro, lv 50 dusty, lv 50 Merheim, lv 40 Stan. Tbh Trystan and dusty get killed too quickly so I might swap them out

Next fever time is in 4.5 hours from this post - 1pm UK time, 2PM euro time, 8AM eastern

Thanks for this. It helps with my planning.

Don't worry, Super Stamina Fruit restores your AP as well.

I know, but it also extends the time window. So my AP will run out again and I'll still have time on the clock. So I think I need at least one SF per SSF, otherwise I'm wasting the SSF

chrono01

I know, but it also extends the time window. So my AP will run out again and I'll still have time on the clock. So I think I need at least one SF per SSF, otherwise I'm wasting the SSF
Oh, I gotcha.

Yeah, I have 69AP, so by the time I run the mission seven times the Fever duration is pretty much used up. I can see how it would be trouble if you have less AP than that, though. :/

desverger

I only just got to the fourth battlefield. I'm so behind the story I have to work hard to catch up. Really dropping in rank too, even though I only try to play during fever times. The farming is just so much more effective.

I'm also skipping the next fever time. I just don't have the AP.

Good news is that it seems really likely to hold the 1500-7500 rank, even if I don't use any more fruits. Gonna see what my rank is when I reach the end of the story, and decide if I want to go crazy with the fruits.

Miff

Is the next fever time in 3 hours, or in 2?

3 hours.

I'm slowing down a bit now but will keep an eye on the rankings. Running low on Stamina Fruits and there doesn't seem to be any pressure to grind like mental at fever time.

Rixa

Not so hard (I think enemy level is +30 or something), but I managed to kill one of my units in the end. I find Urgent Quests in this event most annoying of all.

My party for last fighst were:

60 Aludra
57 Coro
50 Toka (Wave heal)
50 Orianna (Treatment)

Subs
63 Deed
50 Dusty

Friend
60 Nimpha

chrono01

I went to go add myself to the GAF Google Doc [not sure how I missed its existence until now], but it says it will be "deleted soon" so I can't. :(

In-case anyone wants to add me, my information is below. Just let me know who you are so I know who to accept [unless you have "GAF" in your name, in which case it's not needed].

Name: CrnoCF
Leader: Lindsey [80/80] w/ Grief Sword
ID: 196,800,536

I have 4 slots available, at the moment.

Top Bottom