• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Bombless

it's probably just me, but is anyone else not getting daily login bonuses anymore?

It seems to act weirdly. I logged in at multiple intervals, spending all my ap and even though I had gamed for 2 days I didn't get any login bonus (and had actually lost rarity the next time it showed up).

Also hi there, been playing this for a while, just found this thread.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Eked out just enough points for a prysma pull. and got... Slay! Yay, the gateway to Phoena! I can live with that.

I've gotten a bunch of 4 stars when pulling from the World Tree Tavern over the rates up, but I still don't have a proper 5 Star... Not too bad a thing, I'm a few levels away from being able to run a team of almost all 4 stars, and I'm happy that a few of them are nearly maxed now.

I'm always surprised no one talks about Nicky. Having an extra 10% EXP from battles constantly feels like it helps quest / exp efficiency, if only a bit.

it's probably just me, but is anyone else not getting daily login bonuses anymore?

It's a know bug. But it still keeps the rarity...

Apparently until it reaches a month's time. At that point, it resets. So within a months time, you only have a few chances at 20 Rarity, rather than getting infinite chances at premium tickets and multi-rings as long as you keep your login.

Bombless

Some chest take so long to obtain. Is that where Nimpha is going to kick in?

Yeah, I've been running the weapon quests and getting the 4 different chests to get the final reward is reaaaally annoying. Especially given the cost of the bloody quest itself. At least I have a B bow at last.
Now to find a way to get her into my main team.

It's a bug. Kinda of a weird bug since it happens randomly. But at the same time, I'm kinda meh about it since I'm ok with not getting two more weapon enhancers all the time. :E

Probably not, it's just random luck. I had times where I could get everything at one go, or I would burn through all my AP (so 5 runs) and not get the damn last chest.

Kitoro

All done with the available main story, all available character quests, all side quests. Everything. All that's left for me is to grind dailies or FoR all day and hope to get another 25 Prysma before the next rate up so I'll have 500 for another 10+1 pull.

Any word on new story content arrival?

Bombless

What do you guys do with the 1*/2* that you don't want to keep? Merge them into higher level versions, merge them with your main parties or sell them?

Also, what do you get for selling them, gold or arcana?

What do you guys do with the 1*/2* that you don't want to keep? Merge them into higher level versions, merge them with your main parties or sell them?

I heard fusing a bunch of them together and then fusing with one of your higher level units saves on money but space is too much of a premium for me to hoard 1 and 2 stars units like that, lol

You get gold for selling them.

Though, I would check to see if I need to level them up to unlock their character quests first since some do.

Azusa

All done with the available main story, all available character quests, all side quests. Everything. All that's left for me is to grind dailies or FoR all day and hope to get another 25 Prysma before the next rate up so I'll have 500 for another 10+1 pull.

Did you use prysma to refresh AP?

From what I've been reading, 1* are typically useless for exp, so just sell. 2* you should get to level 2 by fusing with another 2* and using that as exp fodder for your 3* and up.

Yaari

I think I'll skip the rest of the Dusty quests. I want to get some Phrysma ready for a possible increased UR rate as well.

I have so many damn spear crafters and only 2 spear unit who don't seem that great. Zygmunt and Audette. Spear and mace crafters seem so much more common than blade crafter drops. Bow crafter drops are annoyingly abundant as well. I actually just got my first mace unit, Jedah who I feel obligated to level up just to put all those mace crafter cards to use.

chrono01

Massive post incoming!

Before I start, it's nice to see the Chain Chronicle community here grow!

It's a bug. I've mid a day or two since starting, despite completely quitting the game and logging back in. Other days I'll get repeated "Daily Login" prompts, although I'll only receive the reward once [obviously].

Here's hoping it's fixed with the maintenance on Monday.

Alright, let's try this.
My Friend List is full at the moment, but hopefully I'll Rank Up soon and increase the number. I'll keep you in mind and add you as soon as I can!

Yes.

Nimpha definitely helps with the drop rates. but it's not as much as you think. It's still RNG, but you can do several times through a quest [such as the dailies] without a specific chest dropping.

It definitely helps, though!

We're supposed to be getting a Demon Raid event soon or, at least, that's assuming we'll get the content the JP version did [and around the similar time-frame]. In Japan, they got their first Demon Raid event within the first month of release, where it's already been more than a month for us. Given that we're still waiting on Raids in Brave Frontier, here's hoping the same doesn't apply here...

Maybe on Monday after the maintenance? That's what I'm hoping for.

Keep your three starters [Kain, Michida, Marina]. If you level them to 40 [need to Limit Break them to do this] and complete their quest, each of them give you a weapon. Kain, for instance, gives you a sword that increases EXP gained. If you've already sold them, you can get more through Arcana Coin summons. I believe Patricia gets you something as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

As for merging before fusing, it's helpful for lower levels, but I find the cost for higher level units to not be worth it. I'd rather save up 2* enhancers to level those. For lower levels, though, fuse/level up a specific character to around 3-5 and fuse them to another lower level.

That's what I've been doing, anyway.

I have so many damn spear crafters and only 2 spear unit who don't seem that great. Zygmunt and Audette. Spear and mace crafters seem so much more common than blade crafter drops. Bow crafter drops are annoyingly abundant as well. I actually just got my first mace unit, Jedah who I feel obligated to level up just to put all those mace crafter cards to use.
You can use weapon enhancers on different types, but you won't get the full benefit of them. basically, you'll need to use more of them to reach 100+% enhancement.

chrono01

Demon Raid eh, I googled and found this. Sounds really fun. I should probably focus on getting my team leveled up rather than arguably wasting AP in the Daily Quests.

http://chainchronicleforum.net/threads/spoiler-for-future-content-demon-raid-introduction.655/
Yeah, I'm really excited for it. They're apparently really good for Fortune Rings too, which will definitely help in getting more of the Fortune Ring characters.

I hope Gumi releases the first one soon.

What levels should our units be for these demon raids?
I've read the first one isn't too difficult, so if you have your Units at around Level 25 or so, you should be fine. The later ones you'll probably want a higher level average to be successful on.

Azusa

Captains, have you already equip your Arcana with a Kotetsu? Then be a part of Dusty's Volunteer Army by joining his War Sale 2 event until Jan 11, 2015!

Head on to Dawning NOW and retrieve this fine blade as Yggdra is in need of defenders from the forthcoming of Black Army demon leader!

From the latest FB post.

The first demon raid is very soon.

Yaari

Completed all the quests for the current event. But I feel the majority of those weapons are wasted on my 2 star units.

I like the way the Demon Raid sounds. It will keep getting more difficult. I wonder how difficult it will be to get the event card. I guess it will probably be weaker than the main UR cards in the game.

fulsome

Wouldn't mind joining up with some GAFer's.

Have the following, although mainly using Lolleta as leader.

Lolleta 5* fighter
Noel 4* healer
Phoena 5* healer
Amille 4* fighter

ID: 166,332,695

Just started the desert area, is this the last available area at this time?

Merun

Lolleta 5* fighter
Noel 4* healer
Phoena 5* healer
Amille 4* fighter

Nope, I'm in the next area, Soul Island, and I think there are more.

Mknzy

Lolleta 5* fighter
Noel 4* healer
Phoena 5* healer
Amille 4* fighter

Right now you can go through Chapter 6 I think. I just got to the first part of it. I will add you, I'll show up as Mknzy

garath

So what am I doing here. Lol. I finished the tutorial. Should I be recruiting someone with 200 coins? Is there something I do with the premium ticket? Game is fun. I like it!

Azusa

So what am I doing here. Lol. I finished the tutorial. Should I be recruiting someone with 200 coins? Is there something I do with the premium ticket? Game is fun. I like it!

I would recommend to wait for summon rate ups. But I didn't wait and rolled in the the Holy Capital to get a good healer. And I was lucky enough to get the best healer there.

As for coins summon you should do it until you have all your starters Kain, Michidia, Marin at limit break 4 and Dusty, Latty at LB4 too. You need to max starter chars because they'll give you a special weapon at max level. Especially Kain, his weapon gives exp boost. After that just save them for future updates.

Dusty is a great warrior for beginner teams, especially when you LB4 him. He is even better then Hero. Latty is a nice starter healer, but almost any other 3* or 4* is way better.

garath

I would recommend to wait for summon rate ups. But I didn't wait and rolled in the the Holy Capital to get a good healer. And I was lucky enough to get the best healer there.

As for coins summon you should do it until you have all your starters Kain, Michidia, Marin at limit break 4 and Dusty, Latty at LB4 too. You need to max starter chars because they'll give you a special weapon at max level. Especially Kain, his weapon gives exp boost. After that just save them for future updates.

Dusty is a great warrior for beginner teams, especially when you LB4 him. He is even better then Hero. Latty is a nice starter healer, but almost any other 3* or 4* is way better.

Interesting. Ill wait on the coins recruit then.

Honestly I dont even see how to use the premium ticket. I thought I read you get a free arcana after the tutorial hmm..

Azusa

Interesting. Ill wait on the coins recruit then.

Honestly I dont even see how to use the premium ticket. I thought I read you get a free arcana after the tutorial hmm..

When you roll premium gatcha at tavern you will use premium tickets at first.

johnsmith

remember me
So if my crappy 1 star characters don't have more quests should I just get rid of them? No point in having them take up valuable arcana space right?

So if my crappy 1 star characters don't have more quests should I just get rid of them? No point in having them take up valuable arcana space right?

Pretty much.

You can find out if they have more quests from their info page in the options or on their character card themselves.

I think the only ones I come across are your three starter units.

Yaari

One thing still confusing me is adding weapons to characters. For example I put a Zweihander on my Nimpha, can't I accidently ruin characters by adding the wrong type of weapon?

chrono01

One thing still confusing me is adding weapons to characters. For example I put a Zweihander on my Nimpha, can't I accidently ruin characters by adding the wrong type of weapon?
Nope, if a character can't use a weapon then you won't be able to fuse them with it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Saw ads for this game in Japan, and some guy was playing it on the Tokyo subway, I was trying to figure out what it was.

I imagine the worst thing you could do is replacing weapons since there's no real way of obtaining rare weapons back right now.

Which makes all these weapon event quests kinda annoying if they keep giving out better and better weapons, lol

Yaari

I hope I can soon do the 20 stamina dailies. I hate seeing that Fortune Ring go to waste because my level is not high enough.

chrono01

Saw ads for this game in Japan, and some guy was playing it on the Tokyo subway, I was trying to figure out what it was.
You should join us, the game is a lot of fun.

I hope I can soon do the 20 stamina dailies. I hate seeing that Fortune Ring go to waste because my level is not high enough.
They're not too difficult for early levels, but the 20AP cost will definitely frustrate you [especially when a particular chest won't drop, even with a Nimpha friend -_-].

garath

Is the level of the quest indicative of your party level? I.e. would I be OK with a level 4-6 party on one of the level 4 event quests? I struggled a little bit with a level 2 quest so I'm not sure about it lol

chrono01

Is the level of the quest indicative of your party level? I.e. would I be OK with a level 4-6 party on one of the level 4 event quests? I struggled a little bit with a level 2 quest so I'm not sure about it lol
Yeah, the level of the quest indicates the "recommended" level of your group. That being said, I've beaten quests at a higher level than me, it just took a bit of finesse [moving your units back and forth to stagger hits so they can get healed, attacking from range, etc.]. Of course, it depends on your group composition too.

But yes, generally a Lv. 4 quest means the level of your Units should also be at least Level 4.

Yaari

Does anyone run a F2P team, as I want to save my Phrysma until V2.0 if possible at all. I think my setup is pretty bad atm and my only 3* is Roy. The other is the Hero character, and then I got a Nimpha.

Only reason I passed the level 10 event quest was because of a certain Aludra. The other attempt I did failed pretty badly, bleh.

Is there any way to obtain Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast Sega Hard Girls Arcanas/Characters to play with, in an easy way? To play with them is the only reason why I'm playing this game

Azusa

I have a f2p team. But I didn't save my prysma. Rolled for healer and rolled more to get rings. I have sold every 3* and 4* (besides Arietta) that I rolled at Holy Capital to get Lindsey.
My team:
QzorjdZ.jpg

Bombless

I have a f2p team. But I didn't save my prysma. Rolled for healer and rolled more to get rings. I have sold every 3* and 4* (besides Arietta) that I rolled at Holy Capital to get Lindsey.
My team:

Is Dusty any good or do you use him just because of the cost?

Yaari

Is Dusty any good or do you use him just because of the cost?

I heard he;s for the Titan's Cave. Apparently he is more effective in there. Nice team Azusa. I wonder how far I can get with 2*/3* though, I don't feel too confident in rolling with Phrysma. That said I like how you can get an UR by selling lower cards.

Anyone good from this event to spend a premium ticket on?

There are some new cards but I really don't know any of them at all. Someone else might!

Top Bottom