• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Boo :( Caved and used my premium ticket on the first tavern. Got a 3* Ryubia :( Don't even think it's worth using her. Dusty even has better base stats.

garath

240 arcana. Saving for that 10+1 pull then selling whatever I don't use in hopes of getting enough rings for lindsey. Doubtful about all of this lol.

Yaari

240 arcana. Saving for that 10+1 pull then selling whatever I don't use in hopes of getting enough rings for lindsey. Doubtful about all of this lol.
I hope they will do a rate up, but the rates for URs are pretty bad as it is. That said a 10+1 pull should get you quite far. I'll probably only do one if I am guaranteed to be making it to Lindsey by doing one. Otherwise I'll wait for v2.0

garath

I hope they will do a rate up, but the rates for URs are pretty bad as it is. That said a 10+1 pull should get you quite far. I'll probably only do one if I am guaranteed to be making it to Lindsey by doing one. Otherwise I'll wait for v2.0

Really hoping for a Nimpha at least but maybe I'm better off holding onto the pulls.

Yaari

Really hoping for a Nimpha at least but maybe I'm better off holding onto the pulls.

It's like a 3,4% chance if the rates are up. 1.7% without it. Then the odds of Nimpha, well, you'd be very lucky getting the one you want. That said it is probably enough to get a Lindsey. So it's not really entirely bad.

garath

It's like a 3,4% chance if the rates are up. 1.7% without it. Then the odds of Nimpha, well, you'd be very lucky getting the one you want. That said it is probably enough to get a Lindsey. So it's not really entirely bad.

That's rough. Very rough :(

I always feel weird when I suddenly get all the treasure chests in a daily quest.

And then a little sad cause that probably went through my day's worth of luck.

chrono01

Can you ever get rare characters higher than 2 stars with arcana?
If you're patient [like I'm trying to be], save all of your Arcana Coins for when we get the version 2 update. When we do, you'll be able to do a 2000 Arcana Coin summon which guarantees a 3* Arcana card.

Version 2 is probably at least 6+ months away, so you're going to be saving a while. However, when we do get it, you'll like be able to summon 200+ times which should get you at least 500 Fortune Rings [just for selling the 3* Arcana characters], probably even more. That's enough to fully LB a Fortune Ring character and get yourself another couple more towards Limit Breaking another. You might even be able to LB two of them if you save every Arcana Coin you get.

Edit:

Ouch! That final round of this Mage event was rough...but I did it! Drag Wand obtained. It has 12/12/12 as its stats, pretty amazing.

Merun

Ouch! That final round of this Mage event was rough...but I did it! Drag Wand obtained. It has 12/12/12 as its stats, pretty amazing.

It was. I had to retry twice. My team is too glass canon. In fact the easiest fight i had was when I picked a level 60 Parchelle friend to tank. Now should i try to make a mage team with that weapon hohoho

chrono01

It was. I had to retry twice. My team is too glass canon. In fact the easiest fight i had was when I picked a level 60 Parchelle friend to tank. Now should i try to make a mage team with that weapon hohoho
Definitely.

Don't waste it on any Mage, though. t's best to use it on someone that will be in your team for a while, such as Aludra, Cheery, Velnar, etc.

I'm tempted to use it on Aludra, but I'm waiting to see if I can pull Cheery first.

Yaari

Saddened me that I had to pass on the quest today. But it was just out of reach. Hope I can get the 20 Stamina Daily completed quickly so I can use the rest of the time until the event, to collect the free 3* characters in the game.

Nice that the Demon Raid is coming. Although even after reading the guide, it sounds very confusing. Apparently the 5* is very difficult to obtain?

garath

So if I need ~50 more rings to get Lindsey by the end of the month its going to be pretty hard huh. I don't really have the stamina to get both dailys done. I usually get the rookie one but the 20ap is huge.

I'm thinking about a 10+1 pull soon but that's going to be a huge chunk of prysma I won't be able to get back :( and i dont know the best tavern to spend it on. Ive only unlocked sage tower recently. kind of frustrating. Wish I started playing earlier.

Yaari

So if I need ~50 more rings to get Lindsey by the end of the month its going to be pretty hard huh. I don't really have the stamina to get both dailys done. I usually get the rookie one but the 20ap is huge.

I'm thinking about a 10+1 pull soon but that's going to be a huge chunk of prysma I won't be able to get back :( and i dont know the best tavern to spend it on. Ive only unlocked sage tower recently. kind of frustrating. Wish I started playing earlier.

At this point I'm not so sure about saving my Phrysma. Version 2 is so far away, and if I still play this game in a year (I'm not expecting it anytime soon), I don't care to drop 50$ to get some Phrysma back. I've wasted more money on IAP games.

Anyway apparently you can sell the demon for 20 rings?

-

Michaelius, are you rerolling? I'd continue til I got that 5*, it really did not take me too long.

Bombless

Ugh, that raid sounds grindy as hell. Meh.

Currently running Free Quests. Didn't realise they had special rewards, I was focused on getting the main story forward. It's starting to hurt now, I need to raise my main party's level.

On saving prysma/arcana : I really don't like this considering how far away the V2 is. Limiting my gameplay options in an already limited environment for that long means by the time the new version arrives I wouldn't be playing anymore.

Yaari

Ugh, that raid sounds grindy as hell. Meh.

Currently running Free Quests. Didn't realise they had special rewards, I was focused on getting the main story forward. It's starting to hurt now, I need to raise my main party's level.

Well, stamina is really limited, and it seems to have a ton of fun rewards, so I don't mind it too much.

But yeah my party also needs levels quickly. I switched in Lynda who's only level12. So I will run into some problems soon.

Bombless

H30BtdB.png

Here's who I am running with. Probably a bad combination since mana ends up spread over 4 types but these are the best characters I have. I ended up wasting a ton of prysma on increasing my arcana limit (currently at 75 limit, how about that lol) before i realised i shouldn't keep every character (I was going for the Suikoden sized party lol). Part of me thinks I should just restart and put that prysma to better use.

Yaari

It's a nice team but yeah, I figure splitting the mana like that will make challenging stages even more difficult because you are really unlikely to get the type of mana you would need.

You can get up to 3 stars with arcana coins.

If you're patient [like I'm trying to be], save all of your Arcana Coins for when we get the version 2 update. When we do, you'll be able to do a 2000 Arcana Coin summon which guarantees a 3* Arcana card.

Version 2 is probably at least 6+ months away, so you're going to be saving a while. However, when we do get it, you'll like be able to summon 200+ times which should get you at least 500 Fortune Rings [just for selling the 3* Arcana characters], probably even more. That's enough to fully LB a Fortune Ring character and get yourself another couple more towards Limit Breaking another. You might even be able to LB two of them if you save every Arcana Coin you get.

Alright cool. Thanks.

game is a bit more complex than I thought.

Man, that last mission is rough. x_x

This team keeps going kaput on the very first pip of the quest.

AU0h0ypl.png

Thinking of just leveling up Amille to 38 to unlock his ability then replace his spot with my 4* Mage..but I dunno.

Also, how often are weapon enhancers? I have a bunch of silver ones clogging my inventory..thinking of selling them for the rings. I kinda want Deed. *n*

PS. I hate that silver and gold enhancers are worth the same amount of rings

Merun

Man, that last mission is rough. x_x

This team keeps going kaput on the very first pip of the quest.

AU0h0ypl.png

Thinking of just leveling up Amille to 38 to unlock his ability then replace his spot with my 4* Mage..but I dunno.

Also, how often are weapon enhancers? I have a bunch of silver ones clogging my inventory..thinking of selling them for the rings. I kinda want Deed. *n*

PS. I hate that silver and gold enhancers are worth the same amount of rings

I have pretty much the same team except that I'm still using Hero instead of Amille. Also, my Loletta is level 60 and Lindsey is 50 which helps quite a bit, but still, I failed 4 times in today's quest :s, so it must be even worst for you. Problem is that warrior aren't tank. I think a good knight team would have better luck doing this, or a complete level 60 team.

And I sell all rare weapon enhancers for ring. Weapons, I'm keeping them for now but might sell later if it's clogging up too much space.

Yaari

I see many warrior teams use Latty. 'm guessing that's for her increased Range. Is she better than Roy though? I do have a Latty but I'm not sure if she beats Roy.

Are there any higher rates healers with the increased range?

Merun

I see many warrior teams use Latty. 'm guessing that's for her increased Range. Is she better than Roy though? I do have a Latty but I'm not sure if she beats Roy.

Arietta has increased range IIRC. I'm trying to get her, but got Adelle instead. Not sure if I I want to switch Latty with Adelle.

I have pretty much the same team except that I'm still using Hero instead of Amille. Also, my Loletta is level 60 and Lindsey is 50 which helps quite a bit, but still, I failed 4 times in today's quest :s, so it must be even worst for you. Problem is that warrior aren't tank. I think a good knight team would have better luck doing this, or a complete level 60 team.

And I sell all rare weapon enhancers for ring. Weapons, I'm keeping them for now but might sell later if it's clogging up too much space.

Yikes..guess I'll just stop wasting AP on it and just keep doing Spark of Battle for Amille.

I'm using Latty because I got no one else. I wanted Wivea, and that's where I did my 10+1 pull during the rate up but I didn't get so lucky :(

Azusa

If you want 5* you should reroll. There is no way you can roll 5* after that. But if you do consider it as ultra lucky moment in CC.

Merun

I actually rerolled when I was at chapter 3, after 2 days. It took me 2 days to reroll a 5*, that is, around 70-80 pull. I was lucky enough that it was the period for 10 prysma daily meaning I could just skip the tutorial to roll. Now it might take a bit more time. Starting with Loletta allowed me to breeze through the difficulty spike I met in chapter 3, so it was worth it for me.

Elija2

Hey guys, what the heck do I do to unlock this quest?

I've got the partner character and put him into my party but the quest isn't unlocking? Is it because I didn't unlock the area that the quest is in yet?

Merun

Hey guys, what the heck do I do to unlock this quest?

I've got the partner character and put him into my party but the quest isn't unlocking? Is it because I didn't unlock the area that the quest is in yet?

Clear Unbreakable Chain it's written. That's Haruaki's character quest.

So I cleared the data but if I login with my facebook, It remembers my previous game and loads that. If I log in as guest it will let me restart. I guess I got to use guest now.

Time to do the tutorial over and over again.

Yaari

So I cleared the data but if I login with my facebook, It remembers my previous game and loads that. If I log in as guest it will let me restart. I guess I got to use guest now.

Time to do the tutorial over and over again.
Good luck. It can go pretty quickly. I had 2 5* in about 20 rerolls. And no rate ups occured at that time.

Uthred

I'd be temped to reroll as using all that prysma and getting nothing of use was annoying but Im not sure its worth losing out on all the event weapons, my one 5* and the slog that levelling up is because AP regen is so slow. That last fight for the mage weapon is a bitch, blew some prysma on it but I suppose its worth it as a) its an awesome weapon and b) prysma feels like its vaguely worthless at the moment because rates are so low (so low that Ive zero interest in IAP).

Vylash

i'm seriously thinking about rerolling as well, the highest i have is a 4 star, but i don't wanna be underleveled for the raid...

plus i don't think anyone would wanna re-add me as friends

Yaari

I think your chances at the raid are pretty much gone if you reroll now. At the same time, its the only way to get guaranteed 5* without having to pay any money at all. It could take a while but it went pretty quickly for me.

The Demon Raid sounds fun but I doubt I'm walking away with that UR.

Bombless

Clear Unbreakable Chain it's written. That's Haruaki's character quest.

For me it's more because of the fact that I burned prysma to get 35 more arcana limit and I messed up leveling multiple characters even though I had no use for them. I'm up to chapter 5 in the story but I get the feeling I'd progress better with a clean slate and (maybe) a 5*.

Top Bottom