• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Pbae

I have zero mages on my team so I guess I can just skip this event, lol

Maybe I can now do story and character quests again!

Anytime I see a silver card, I do that event because it's free rings. Even better if it's a character arcana since you get 3.

johnsmith

remember me
So is anyone spending money in this? The cost/benefit seems so bad compared to the only other f2p game I've spent time on, Hearthstone. I've played that for 10 months and I got all playable cards and only ever spent about $10. That would get me 2 rolls in this game. Seems like a bad deal.

Bombless

So is anyone spending money in this? The cost/benefit seems so bad compared to the only other f2p game I've spent time on, Hearthstone. I've played that for 10 months and I got all playable cards and only ever spent about $10. That would get me 2 rolls in this game. Seems like a bad deal.

Yeah paying in this game isn't really worth it.

Vylash

i've spent around 20, i'll sink more into it as time goes on

I was considering it but seeing as how it would cost like 40 or 50 dollars for a 10+1 pull, I decided not to.

Mknzy

I just pulled my first 5* in all this time, Wayne. Until now the only other 5* I have had was the Phoena you get from the cross event. Excited to have him and can't wait to level him up!

Pbae

This game can be beaten with all two star limit broken arcana and is definitely possible with three star. My biggest gripe is that the amount of stamina per quest is very high compared to the recharge rate.

chrono01

You'll need better units for the Raid events, if Gumi ever releases them. It'll probably be like Brave Frontier where all Gumi does is release more and more units [to get money out of people], but no actual content to use them on.

I love Chain Chronicle, it's a lot of fun to play. However, if Gumi handles things in this as they did/do Brave Frontier, we have some rough times ahead. :/

You can use weapon enhancers on different types, but you won't get the full benefit of them. basically, you'll need to use more of them to reach 100+% enhancement.

Thank you. Now I can get rid of all my spear and bow crafters.

I just pulled my first 5* in all this time, Wayne. Until now the only other 5* I have had was the Phoena you get from the cross event. Excited to have him and can't wait to level him up!

Still no 5 star characters here. I've got two 4 stars in my party, Alvert and Orianna. And the other 4 star is Amille from the event who I haven't leveled up enough yet.

Azusa

Am I super lucky?

dU8EkuV.jpg

Teiran

Damn. I need more rings. Just daily events to get rings?
You can sell any rare or higher arcana to get rings (3* weapons/enhancers are worth one ring; 3* characters are worth three). Fortune rings also show up in the daily login chests at higher reward levels.

chrono01

Am I super lucky?
Yes.

Diido is here.

I think I skip her. I want to max LB my cat.
If the EN version follows the same pattern as the JP one, both Lindsey and Diido will return later on [for a week or so], and could always LB them then. Personally, I'll be grabbing one of each [I already have Lindsey and will grab Diido shortly] so I can work on leveling them/upgrading their weapon/unlocking their skills. Then, when they make a return, I'll grab enough to fully LB them.

Yes, my best get was some fortune rings.

I keep getting useless (for me) magic weapon boosters. :E

The last chest is a level 3 enhancer for that class.

The bonus chest is of course 1 fortune ring.
The only time I get anything worthwhile is when the game bugs and daily login prompt pops for the second/third/etc. time in a day. Then I'll actually get something good [such as three Fortune Rings earlier today] but unable to claim them since...well...I already received the daily login for that day. My initial/valid login usually gets me Gold, which is worthless. :/

Yaari

Hope I can find a 60 Nimpha friend. Much stamina is wasted on Daily Quests. I could be making much more progress.

garath

Gonna rely on you guys to give me a heads up on when a good batch of heroes come along to spend my premium ticket. Grinding out the main quest right now. Having good fun. No idea what to do with my various enhancers and weapons and such though

garath

So weapons. Can anyone fill me in? The game is pretty vague about them.

I have weapon enhancers like "spear crafter" or "sword crafter" that are 1 star. I tried using a sword crafter on my hero (who wields a sword) and it said enhancement failed :( Maybe I have to use a real weapon first?

I also have a 2 star long sword. Should I use that on my hero? It looks like it would upgrade his C rank sword to a B rank. Good right?

Yaari

So weapons. Can anyone fill me in? The game is pretty vague about them.

I have weapon enhancers like "spear crafter" or "sword crafter" that are 1 star. I tried using a sword crafter on my hero (who wields a sword) and it said enhancement failed :( Maybe I have to use a real weapon first?

I also have a 2 star long sword. Should I use that on my hero? It looks like it would upgrade his C rank sword to a B rank. Good right?

The more Crafter items you use at once, the higher the succesrate. So your character already had a sword, but you just failed, I usually go for 100%, its pretty easy with everything thrown at me. And yes, the 2* sword will upgrade the weapon class of your current sword.

garath

The more Crafter items you use at once, the higher the succesrate. So your character already had a sword, but you just failed, I usually go for 100%, its pretty easy with everything thrown at me. And yes, the 2* sword will upgrade the weapon class of your current sword.

Excellent. Thanks for the answer :)

I've read that using a 2* sword might prevent me from getting the class specific sword later? Or was I misunderstanding. (sorry for the basic questions. Just don't want to screw myself for later). Am I safe to just throw it on my hero?

Yaari

Excellent. Thanks for the answer :)

I've read that using a 2* sword might prevent me from getting the class specific sword later? Or was I misunderstanding. (sorry for the basic questions. Just don't want to screw myself for later). Am I safe to just throw it on my hero?
Not sure, didn't do that yet. I do think that would be weird. Hopefully someone else knows.

garath

Boy, is it frustrating getting the bonus chest on a daily quest or what? I think I've done this basic knight one a dozen? times (not insignificant given my 43 AP and the 10 AP cost) and only have 3 out of the 4 rewards :(

Yaari

Boy, is it frustrating getting the bonus chest on a daily quest or what? I think I've done this basic knight one a dozen? times (not insignificant given my 43 AP and the 10 AP cost) and only have 3 out of the 4 rewards :(

Yep, it's a nightmare. I once got all chest on my first attempt. Probably the best feeling I've had in the game so far.

Edit: what's the deal with Dusty? Is he better than Hero? I just got him. Really need some 3*s :(

Mknzy

So day 3 of this mage training thing I barely cleared by the skin of my teeth. I don't know I usually tear up level 20 quests and the last level of this one just beat me to hell. Kinda dreading day 4 now that it's up, level 24. I usually can clear 24 not necessarily easily, but handily. Not looking forward to this one at all.

Yaari

So day 3 of this mage training thing I barely cleared by the skin of my teeth. I don't know I usually tear up level 20 quests and the last level of this one just beat me to hell. Kinda dreading day 4 now that it's up, level 24. I usually can clear 24 not necessarily easily, but handily. Not looking forward to this one at all.

I'm struggling with this one. I only manage to pass it because I use Chrono's Aludra, and I've been lucky on my purple orbs.

I'm on the last part of the quest now. So far it's been worth it though, the boss has dropped a chest twice now, which is a 3* enhancer, so a free Fortune Ring.

That said, if the final stage has 2 bosses, I am screwed.

Edit: what's the deal with Dusty? Is he better than Hero? I just got him. Really need some 3*s :(

He's good for a free unit. He can be limit broken (very easily) which the hero can not and his attack will end up almost 1200 more than the hero if you limit broken him to the max. HP's about the same though.

Mknzy

I'm struggling with this one. I only manage to pass it because I use Chrono's Aludra, and I've been lucky on my purple orbs.

I'm on the last part of the quest now. So far it's been worth it though, the boss has dropped a chest twice now, which is a 3* enhancer, so a free Fortune Ring.

That said, if the final stage has 2 bosses, I am screwed.

I can't even clear the first mission yet. I just can't do the damage fast enough, so the boss keeps knocking back and pushing through the line. Damn.

garath

So what criteria should I be selling or just using arcana as enhancement material for other characters? I have so many 1 star recruits that I'm constantly around 35/40 between them and the weapon arcana that I am waiting to use when I get more.

Anyone without a quest? Unfortunately I didn't pay that much attention to which ones have a quest lol.

Mknzy

So what criteria should I be selling or just using arcana as enhancement material for other characters? I have so many 1 star recruits that I'm constantly around 35/40 between them and the weapon arcana that I am waiting to use when I get more.

Anyone without a quest? Unfortunately I didn't pay that much attention to which ones have a quest lol.

If you go into the menu there is a section where you can see what characters you have found, weather you have them or not, and which of their quests you have done. On 1 star characters, once you have done their story quest, you can just sell them. There are only 4 that have more than one quest if I remember right, and 3 of those are starter characters who you should hold onto anyway because you will be able to eventually upgrade them to 4* versions of themselves.

garath

If you go into the menu there is a section where you can see what characters you have found, weather you have them or not, and which of their quests you have done. On 1 star characters, once you have done their story quest, you can just sell them. There are only 4 that have more than one quest if I remember right, and 3 of those are starter characters who you should hold onto anyway because you will be able to eventually upgrade them to 4* versions of themselves.

Ahh.. Thanks. I found Allies in Menu and it shows their quest. Guess I'm going on a rampage doing all the level 1 single star units I have then selling them off. Awesome.

Ahh.. Thanks. I found Allies in Menu and it shows their quest. Guess I'm going on a rampage doing all the level 1 single star units I have then selling them off. Awesome.

You can sell off any characters you already unlocked their quests and they have nothing else to give.

You actually don't need to have the character at the moment you do the quest. Just pay attention to the ones that require to be at a certain level.

Yaari

So day 5 of the event is a level30 quest, the day after is 36. In other words, I'm done. Too bad, apparently there was a nice weapon reward for the final day.

chrono01

Yeah, the final weapon is an A-Rank Mage weapon, which still [to this day, even In the Japanese version] is the best weapon for a Mage unit [to the best of my knowledge].

But yeah, to those just starting out [and if you don't have a decent Mage team already assembled] I can see how the later levels of the event can prove to be difficult for some. :(

Yaari

Yeah, the final weapon is an A-Rank Mage weapon, which still [to this day, even In the Japanese version] is the best weapon for a Mage unit [to the best of my knowledge].

But yeah, to those just starting out [and if you don't have a decent Mage team already assembled] I can see how the later levels of the event can prove to be difficult for some. :(

Bleh. Hate to lose out on that :(. Will there be any way to get it at a later point at all?

EDIT: I feel like an idiot. Just figured out that you can walk your Warrior out of the starting grid. I thought only archer can touch ranged opponents. So stupid. And I've been playing for a week. Hahaha.

So my team now is. Nimpha, Roy, Patricia, Dusty. - I'm not sure about Roy vs a Max LB Latty. Also, not sure if its the best setup with Patricia in there. I need a healer but not sure if I need an Archer. I don't know the best alternative though.

Mknzy

I'm still really enjoying this game, but my inability to participate in this event is really dissapointing to me. I just can NOT kill these bosses fast enough to keep them from pushing me off the stage. I have cleared through the first part of chapter six, which is level 27. It wasn't easy, but I cleared it with no losses. Now I can't deal damage to these bosses fast enough to keep them from pushing me off the screen, and I have to blow my heal specials on mobs just to keep up with the poison damage. I really wanted to go for that weapon, but it just isn't happening.

garath

Bleh. Hate to lose out on that :(. Will there be any way to get it at a later point at all?

EDIT: I feel like an idiot. Just figured out that you can walk your Warrior out of the starting grid. I thought only archer can touch ranged opponents. So stupid. And I've been playing for a week. Hahaha.

So my team now is. Nimpha, Roy, Patricia, Dusty. - I'm not sure about Roy vs a Max LB Latty. Also, not sure if its the best setup with Patricia in there. I need a healer but not sure if I need an Archer. I don't know the best alternative though.

Damn. Nice party for only a week playing lol.

I'm reluctant to use my premium ticket and the Prysma has been coming slow (only have 170). Where did you get Dusty? I keep seeing him mentioned. Is he a pull?

Yaari

Yeah there are some 3* characters to get for free as well. Really interesting.

I wonder if I can get Lindsey if I focus on Fortune Rings until the end of the month. I have 19 right now, with alot of 3* weapons to sell, and those 3 3* characters, are another 9.

Even if I am missing a few, I don't mind dropping 10$ to finish it with. I like the game so I don't mind.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, this 5th day is pretty hard! Even lost on the 3rd mission once. They managed to kill my poor Celeya, and then killed the rest of my party :(

But managed to get REVENG!1! Now just hope I can eke out victory on the last one...

My team of 4 stars is doing good! Thos stuff is pretty challenging, even with my lvl 50 Mustapha...

garath

Yeah there are some 3* characters to get for free as well. Really interesting.

I wonder if I can get Lindsey if I focus on Fortune Rings until the end of the month. I have 19 right now, with alot of 3* weapons to sell, and those 3 3* characters, are another 9.

Even if I am missing a few, I don't mind dropping 10$ to finish it with. I like the game so I don't mind.

Yeah. I want Lindsey as well. it'll be hard without spending any money though :(

Yaari

Lynda is an interesting 2* unit as well. I guess she can take the spot of my Hero character. I really wish I started late December so I could have gotten all those free bonuses.

Top Bottom