• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChatGPT 4 Vision unveiled. Can see, hear, and speak

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
AI combined with robotics will mean we're going to end up like the humans in Wall-E if we're not careful.

They'll be no need for humans to be philosophers, builders, artists, scientists etc. We'll just be a species of consumers and and our creation become the new master.
There’s a possible future where the typical person is taken care of by AI and robots, and has ample leisure time but is depressed and useless, a disillusioned flesh machine for consuming Netflix.

At that point maybe the luxury becomes having the ability to work on something difficult.

There’s a possible future where the typical person is taken care of by AI and robots, and has ample leisure time but is depressed and useless, a disillusioned flesh machine for consuming Netflix.

At that point maybe the luxury becomes having the ability to work on something difficult.
The thing is AI won't stop at the human level it will go beyond human, and that will accelerate progress. It is likely that the ability to remain low body fat percent with muscles and healthy despite sedentarism will become possible.

And there is also the possibility of full dive vr being developed. We won't just stop at netflix.

Aces High

I Recently did my bloodwork analysis with ChatGPT 4.

The A.I. basically said the same thing as my doctor but got much more in-depth with very detailed recommended lifestyle and diet adjustments, potential risks, percentages for potential diseases, etc.

I talked with my doctor about that and while she was happy that the A.I. came to the same conclusions, she was visibly intimidated. The entire doctor patient relationship changed immediately.

I can see a future where people just do bloodwork and then feed the A.I. with additional information like synptoms and overall feelings before talking to a real doc in the first place.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’m no expert home decor buff, but the times I’d go shopping for pics, it’d take me a while going from place to place to find something I like.

With AI, I can just dabble and create my own art over and over again until I see something I like, get it printed off and framed somewhere for cheap.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

That's not a future I want to be part of. The question is how do we avoid such a nightmare scenario? Is it even possible to avoid such a future, or have we opened the AI equivalent of Pandora's box?

The thing is AI won't stop at the human level it will go beyond human, and that will accelerate progress.

And there is also the possibility of full dive vr being developed. We won't just stop at netflix.

That frightens me the most. AI will never become human, but it will get to a stage where it'll be able to overtake us in intelligence. At that point we're done as a species.

We've talked about AI combined with robotics, but add quantum computing into the mix and you have something that is particularly a God-like being.

Cyberpunkd

The A.I. basically said the same thing as my doctor but got much more in-depth with very detailed recommended lifestyle and diet adjustments, potential risks, percentages for potential diseases, etc.

I talked with my doctor about that and while she was happy that the A.I. came to the same conclusions, she was visibly intimidated. The entire doctor patient relationship changed immediately.

I can see a future where people just do bloodwork and then feed the A.I. with additional information like synptoms and overall feelings before talking to a real doc in the first place.
People already do that, it’s called “googling symptoms on the Internet”.

Aces High

People already do that, it’s called “googling symptoms on the Internet”.
But google just presents content that was written for the broadest audience possible by an online marketing person.

ChatGPT checks your 50+ blood values and the delicate relationships between them against individual information like sex, age, race, feeling, sleep patterns, etc, etc and then gives you a detailed explanation of what's going on.

The Google results also always says brain cancer or stuff like that because bad news sell better and therefore have an algorithmic advantage.

ChatGPT has your money and since it's subscription based, it has no interest in letting you die.

Cyberpunkd

But google just presents content that was written for the broadest audience possible by an online marketing person.

ChatGPT checks your 50+ blood values and the delicate relationships between them against individual information like sex, age, race, feeling, sleep patterns, etc, etc and then gives you a detailed explanation of what's going on.

The Google results also always says brain cancer or stuff like that because bad news sell better and therefore have an algorithmic advantage.

ChatGPT has your money and since it's subscription based, it has no interest in letting you die.
ChatGPT gets info from the Internet, how do you know how it’s going to weight different sources of information before it presents them to you?

As for subscription - it’s the same as Netflix, no? But they have no problem contributing to sedentary lifestyle that combined with lack of exercise will kill you. I don’t think this argument holds weight.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Did you forget that poker players and chess players have ways of receiving realtime instructions and cheat live through things attached to their bodies feeding them the answers.

I do fact checking of the fact checkers, usually they tend to be right, but they aren't always, and when they fail its usually in favor of one side of the political aisle.
If a simple student go throught that hassle to avoid studying them he has my respect :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

We had a sign language for the interrogation with one of our blind teachers (yes we were terrible at 14)

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member

Yeah I have a Health Thread where I fed in my medical history, blood screens, medications and family history. Then I had it do my five year plan of how to manage my health. Which tests to do. Discussed medications. Superb stuff.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EhgP9RU.jpg

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
And now think of giving ChatGPT your MRI.

The A.I. will find even the best hidden abnormalities within the fraction of a second because in contrast to humans, it checks the 1s and 0s of the image data instead of just "looking" at it.

Omg... That gets me excited at the thought.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Tbf the way the health systems are overburdened having the ability to ring up an NHS AI chatbot or chat through an app about symptoms and take photos etc will be a huge benefit to society, the AI can identify the symptom prescribe a low level treatment and your done, anything more serious can be flagged for an actual visit to a GP where the GP gets a detailed analysis before the patient arrives and it's just a matter of confirming it, this will eradicate waiting times and lead to better identification of serious illnesses, honesty I can't see a downside tbh especially for healt related matters

Why did no one say that the speech feature is now free as well?

I just tried it out for the first time and that shit is straight out unreal. I’m blown away how good this works.

Just reading the Bible and having AI explain me everything I may not understand real time with speech feel like ScFi. What year is it???

Can’t believe it’s not even been a year I heard about ChatGPT for the first time. Really curious to see where we’ll be one more year down the road.

Every time I hear about this I usually see multiple articles or news snippets from people claiming this tech is bad and it will “Take Arghh Jobs!”. I’m actually looking forward to its full potential in how it changes society.

Every time I hear about this I usually see multiple articles or news snippets from people claiming this tech is bad and it will “Take Arghh Jobs!”. I’m actually looking forward to its full potential in how it changes society.
I guess it’s natural to have these fears. My job as well is mostly information based and hence could basically be replaced by an AI.

But I choose to remain optimistic. During the Industrial Revolution machines started to do a lot of jobs that were previously done by humans and today we have A LOT more humans on Earth and more employed on top of that. Who knows what the full scale introduction of AI will create? Should really be cool times ahead I think.

This is helping me be about three times productive at work. The only problem is that some of the less techy people have started to believe that it's doing the work for me, when instead it's just doing research and giving me some frameworks for more of the procedural stuff I do. The premium work for clients is still 100% mine. But perception is everything... especially when it comes to your boss lol.

This is helping me be about three times productive at work. The only problem is that some of the less techy people have started to believe that it's doing the work for me, when instead it's just doing research and giving me some frameworks for more of the procedural stuff I do. The premium work for clients is still 100% mine. But perception is everything... especially when it comes to your boss lol.
What part of your workflow is being sped up by this? Just curious as I want to be more productive too using AI. Currently I'm just using it to help me be more organized in terms of writing business proposals and documentation.

What part of your workflow is being sped up by this? Just curious as I want to be more productive too using AI. Currently I'm just using it to help me be more organized in terms of writing business proposals and documentation.
Part of my job is being responsible for proofreading everything that goes out of the door, which is composed of a small team of writers. I fed the bot our style sheet as well as my own personal cheat sheet and now everything goes through that as a first pass. I ask it not to change anything, but to list all of the changes it wants to make. I then check those before letting it go ahead with making the changes. That's how I catch edge cases to teach it with. I always read through the output again myself because it's not 100% trustworthy but it is catching all of the silly mistakes one tends to scan past. This took longer than actually doing the job at first, but that is no longer the case.

The second big thing is feeding it reports and asking it to pull out the three points it thinks I would be most interested in. Again, this took some time to teach, but it is now saving me a lot of time - from 25-30 mins to 5 mins or so, multiple times a day.

Another big timesaver is financial news. I've gone from having to manually check through dozens of sites to the bot knowing what sites I use, what kind of things I need to know, and how I went it presented. It goes off and does it thing throughout the day.

I've been trying to make it output presentations too, but I think this might be dangerous, because I have to go through those and I don't want to be caught off-guard.

As I mentioned before, some senior people are already starting to make comments... another one is fully on board though and wants me to write a proposal for an Enterprise licence for the company. Be careful out there. Lots of people don't get how useful it is. And I guess it could easily become a crutch if you're not mindful about what tasks you set it.

Edit: thought this was the 'turbo' thread. I've referred to some convos there, so check it out.

Last edited:

clem84

Gold Member
I was trying to get this to work on PC and I wasn't seeing the microphone icon anywhere. I just realized that voice command is only on android and iOS. :( Hopefully PC is right around the corner.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(I searched but couldn’t find a 4o thread)

Finally got the new “advanced voice mode” that had much more natural speech inflections, you can interrupt, and overall faster. It’s pretty sick so far.

Top Bottom