• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

They must not have wanted Golem to be game-breaking in any way so they made him kind of 'meh' :/ He doesn't really have much use tbh...

He has great stats and some useful abilities, but that speed....

But I actually found a use for him late game once I could put a brilliant diamond on him. He's still not worth paying money for though.

Foshy

They must not have wanted Golem to be game-breaking in any way so they made him kind of 'meh' :/ He doesn't really have much use tbh...
I kind of liked Golem. He was outclassed by Oengus later in the game but as a tank physical attacker in the first half he was decent.

Vibranium

Banned
I finally finished the game as I lost my first save, which sucked ass. I hope Ubisoft fixes issues with this someday. Nabbed all the trophies for PS4 as well, which is rare for me haha.

Loved the art and for the most part the rhyming, though I think if they ever made a sequel it would be better just to go with poetry that doesn't have any rhymes at all. Battles were pretty good as well, but things did get repetitive over time, and more enemy variants would have been nice.

It was a nice story overall, I was kind of interested by the Confessions, not sure what they meant exactly. Glad to have purchased it, though I hope Ubisoft keeps learning and appreciates people who don't want to use Uplay (those constant notifications on game start-up...) so I can play on PC more.

Etnos

Banned
I've around 2 hours playtime in a week, this Game is officially the best sleeper ever. Every time I launch it I fell to sleep like in 15 minutes.

Game is beautiful, love the concept and visuals. But jeeez isn't it boring... I still don't feel bad supporting this effort, I wish publisher were eager to put more stuff like this.

Loved it in principle, but execution is boring.

Exentryk

I am near the end of the game now and I've started to fight more random enemies coz I don't want the game to end :'|

In hard mode, the battles are fun and engaging.

Yuterald

I can't seem to ever find a groove with this game. I've turned it on twice since buying it and I can only last about 30 minutes to an hour at max before I've had enough (playing on Hard too). I can't say that I was anticipating this game before it launched, but I liked the looks of it enough to download it at day one. I like 2D games and I like RPGs too, but there's something so ridiculously off about this game. I feel like the game's running on empty at all times, like it's got zero spark/personality. I don't know, I think this might be one of my more notable purchasing regrets of the year so far. =/

Angelcurio

Just finished the game, and really enjoyed it. It's true that it is really easy, and the music was really excellent. The game is sadly full of game breaking bugs, not once could I enjoy a game session without the game crashing and sending me to the main menu of the PS4. Another huge bug is present with shared videos, where they never have sound.

jnWake

I bought this the other night and recently started playing. Pretty good game so far, very relaxing and the atmosphere is lovely. The music is great!

Playing on Hard and the game is decently challenging, I guess it's really easy in Normal haha.

What a revelation this game is! Hadn't heard of it until I saw it in the store. One of my favorite RPGs I've played, at least so far (Chapter 6).

This Ubi Art tech has me entranced. Rayman Legends was my 2013 GOTY, as well.

Zolbrod

Come on, people, where are all the screenshots!?

10286992_10202072067952227_1445493042817543134_o.jpg

10272635_10202072067432214_6444314971379933596_o.jpg

10272762_10202072066472190_4159460038276871531_o.jpg

10259272_10202072067072205_3482737246612345346_o.jpg

I have a bunch more, but I don't want to spoil too much...

ngower

Can anyone comment on the frequency of the alleged game-breaking bugs, or of bugs/glitches in general? I'm very excited to pick this game up but am tempted to wait for Ubisoft to release a patch addressing some of the seemingly common bugs people have encountered—anything from being booted to the main menu, all the way to corrupted saves. I don't want to get several hours into the game only to have to start all over.

I saw the Golem pack available to download for $3 (or was it $4?). Is it worth that in anyone's opinion? To give you an idea of how far I am in the game
I just found my sister as a companion
. Just curious if the Golem is worth the money depending on where I am in the game.

Can anyone comment on the frequency of the alleged game-breaking bugs, or of bugs/glitches in general? I'm very excited to pick this game up but am tempted to wait for Ubisoft to release a patch addressing some of the seemingly common bugs people have encountered—anything from being booted to the main menu, all the way to corrupted saves. I don't want to get several hours into the game only to have to start all over.

I am playing it on PS4. Zero bugs/Freezes but i am backing up my save on both + & usb just in case.

I played on PS4, and the only bug I encountered was right before the final boss. Up until that point, I had no problems whatsoever with the game. It ran like butter.

That being said, I would frequently back up your saves, just for safe measure.

zeopower6

I've crashed about four times and it was all post-game except the last crash.

1) Beating the game for the first time and warping to another location (save corrupted, game was fine up until this point)
2) Getting back to the final boss just before the battle starts (save not corrupted)
3) Warping to another location (save corrupted)
4) Moving across the last area just before the temple on a NG+ playthrough (save not corrupted)
*saves were corrupted when it crashed as the auto save was kicking in

Upload saves regularly. I just got all my characters past level 81 and finally maxed their trees out! :)

JC Lately

Man I'm having a hard time enjoying this game. Normal is boring to the point actually started to fall asleep, and I'm constantly losing battles with normal enemies on hard and you can forget about bosses. Plus the part I was most looking forward to, the poetry/rhyming has an awkward meter to it and just feels forced for the sake of being artsy.

I was so looking toward to this game too. Oh well, glad to have supported the concept, even if the execution didn't click with me.

Angelcurio

I never had corrupted saves, but i never played the game without it booting me to the main menu at least once. For example, i played for around 3 hours yesterday, and it booted me out to main menu at least twice.

ngower

So just to be clear, uploading saves should avoid any problems—the corrupted saves are only local? I have had some issues with saves uploading for FIFA 14, and I understand that's a 1.70 issue generally. Just want to make sure I've dotted all i's and crossed all t's before immersing myself into this game.

zeopower6

It seems to be an issue when the game is trying to autosave (switching areas/warping) and the game crashes. The uploaded save should still be fine unless you upload the corrupt save on accident.

I had a weird scenario happen though. PS+ was trying to autoupload for the longest time but I was getting a "save file with a similar name already exists in the online storage" message so it would not upload properly unless I manually uploaded it by retrying the upload of the previous save. This saved me the headache of COMPLETELY starting over but I had lost a few hours of progress.

Kuldar

I got 3 crashes in 25h, never got booted to the main menu or other bugs. Unfortunatly my save was corrupted with the second crash so I had to start again.

Played 4 more consecutive hours of the game, has got quite the grip on me. Since the Troll boss, it's been getting more challenging (on hard).

Beat this triple serpent who is one great boss because it requires you to keep on switching your party since I had decked out my four party members with various elemental damage and resistances. The win felt great.

ihqD1bR8dVQ2n.jpg

daveo42

Banned
I've been playing this off and on over the past week. Finally made it to Chapter 10
but I loved the nice evil twist with the step-mother and Nox turning against you. Getting the moon and Aurora growing too? Threw me for a loop it did.
Now I just need to determine which paths I want to take to maximize my characters going forward and work my way towards the end of the game.

I think I've died twice so far, only on boss battles by making some bad mistakes and trying to chance it instead of defending. The regular battles are pretty easy, but there's at least some challenge with the bosses on hard and require you to use almost every character effectively.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo lost my save file! and i was on Chapter 9!!

But i just backed it 5 mins prior to the crash so no progress lost!

I am on chapter 10 and i presume i am fighting the last boss!

Shift Gorden

Neo Member

I've played it quite a bit on my PS4 - well, 10-12 hours or so - and I've had zero problems so far.

But, I think I will back up my saves after reading these comments...

daveo42

Banned
I've played it quite a bit on my PS4 - well, 10-12 hours or so - and I've had zero problems so far.

But, I think I will back up my saves after reading these comments...

I've had issues with automatic back ups on the PS4 with this game alone, but outside of that, no issues with save files. Hopefully the issue will get patched out quickly.

Makonero

Just finished the Wii U version! I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere, the fairy tale theme, the quirky characters, it really hit my sweet spot. I did find that it perhaps went a little too long; and then when it did end, I found the resolution lacking.

The rhyming, while bad in some areas, was charming at times and I enjoyed the very different method of storytelling. The battle system was great and I legitimately enjoyed battling all the time. The hidden secrets and sidequests were also really fun.

The music and graphics were gorgeous. I wish that the story lived up to the rest of the package. I really felt that it could have been more, especially since so much went unexplained. (Spoiler about midway through the game)
After Norah, one of my most-used characters, revealed her true nature I would have liked some more nuance in her character, but just like her sister and her mother, there was nothing but evil steretype number 439243 at her core. Also, when did I get the stars? I thought for sure that after the sun and moon, I would go defeat Umbra to get the stars.

But yeah, I really enjoyed the game. If they do another game in this style (for Wii U? Probably not) then I will certainly pick it up. Just give that writer an editor for God's sake!

Balphon

I saw the Golem pack available to download for $3 (or was it $4?). Is it worth that in anyone's opinion? To give you an idea of how far I am in the game
I just found my sister as a companion
. Just curious if the Golem is worth the money depending on where I am in the game.

He's fairly useful, though he fills the same niche as a character you'll get later to the point that you may find one of them to be redundant. He has his own dialogue for the story bits, though.

You'll also have to backtrack to get him from where you are, IIRC.

Just completed this game, absolutely love everything about it. My game crashed once in Chap 10, but no save corruption. This OST is god like, is it on sale by any chance?

Ade

So i am getting my arse kicked by the final boss. My characters are level 40 what should my set up be?

I did it in the 30s relatively painlessly.

Aurora spammed Light Magic on all targets while the jester bloke kept her healed and had a Tuarmaline set to his attacks to keep pushing them back on the timeline/paralysing them.

Special C

FInished the game, Still too easy with the consumables. I had to play on hard and vow to never use a consumable to make it challenging. Regardless, I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

So i am getting my arse kicked by the final boss. My characters are level 40 what should my set up be?

Aurora and Rubella is a good set up. Aurora spams Starlight (try to focus on the boss, because she will just revive the two birds when you kill them) and Heal and Tumble with Rubella. Make sure they have light damage Oculi equipped.

iNvid02

some of the later environments were just gorgeous, music was beautiful throughout. i hope ubi continue to do things like this, really enjoyed it.

Top Bottom