• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China is spending $361 billion dollars into renewable energy projects by 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beartruck

Whoever controls energy production controls the world. Trump is basically going to hand global dominance to China on a silver platter, and his stupid ass will think hes winning the whole time.

Nikodemos

The painfully ironic part is, had Trump been the smart kind of evil, instead of the petty cretinous one, and had his advisors been intelligent, instead of the current mix of arrogant/greedy/idiotic, he could've been able to both perform his crowd-pleasing act of wiping his cock on the greenies' chins and help the US maintain some decent amount of low carbon technological know-how.

I guess it's more of me raising an eyebrow to anyone rushing to pat China on the back while discounting what their real motivation would look like. And that sentiment isn't just here, it's evident in all kinds of social media vomit as well. Just another example of how the narrative gets driven all over the place or maybe I'm just an old man.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some clouds to yell at.

Under Trump the U.S. lacks vision and doesn't lead. That's very disappointing given our history.

Jeels

Because of their investments the energy jobs of the future will be in China and not in the US.

Fuck Trump and fuck the right.

You didn't.

Otherwise we could see effects on the American CO2 emmision output. Any total reduction of a pure national producer metric happens through outsourcing of industry to other countries like China or SEA countries. Obama wasn't some incredible saint in the name of climate protection in his 8 years of president.

How did I didn't ? I provided has much evidence of what Obama did in is two terms as president to protect the environment and deal with climate change. You made little to no arguments that Obama didn't do anything if you have some then say so. Saying Obama is not a saint is a hyperbolic and ridiculous argument( because I didn't even claim or imply that) , and ultimately just seems snarky.

On the subject about CO2 emissions it is down since last year, before it raised in 2013-2014. https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=26152

Overall the emissions has been going down since 2005.

Neo C.

Why isn't climate change considered a national security threat by these nations?
These nations? Which nations? Most are doing something against climate change. The USA are only one (as far as I know) with a soon to be president who publicly deny the danger of the climate change.

If shorelines are going to be eroded quicker; agriculture devastated leading to mass migration; floods and waves growing to Hollywood levels etc, why would governments allow this to become a subject up for a vote? Why is mankind's existence up for partisan games? Why allow fossil fuel companies and lobbyists determine the future of the country?
Because those companies are numerous and very powerful. Obama let them do their business because people need the jobs, from fracking to tar sand to car production. While renewables create new jobs, it won't be possible to put all the people from the fossil fuel industry to the new industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom