• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare |OT| My battle cry brings all the boys to the yard

Grief.exe

Downloading now.

Can finally finish the tutorial and find some good servers!

Bumping patch notes to new page

Here is the official changelog:

Keybind fixes
Keybind reset works better
Server player count issues fixed
Several fixes for different causes of server player counts showing as being higher than they are
Fixed issue where player count would be lower than the actual number of players in-game.
Fixed issue where you would be able to join even when the max player count was actually reached.
(Tutorial) Removed achievement text
(Arena) Gate fixes
(Tutorial) Bringing neckhole's health down no longer blocks the tutorial
(Tutorial) Feint no longer blocks the tutorial
Crash fix in steamworks interface code
Quivers for bows
Possible fix for one circumstance where king objective became weird when king reconnected
Settings saved for join game filters.
Fixed a server browser sorting issue
Polish Localization.

Source: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6910

Babalu.

looks good.

does anyone know how you get some custom helmets and stuff in the options menu?

or is that not implemented yet?

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
looks good.

does anyone know how you get some custom helmets and stuff in the options menu?

or is that not implemented yet?

The modding program (which will be UnrealEd with Chivalry addons/scripts, I thought) is not yet released, so before that is released, no one will be able to make custom helmets, mods or maps. As soon as the program is released people will start modding and it will be possible to download custom helmets.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I love this game. It's probably my favorite game of the year, I just can't get enough of it. I've unlocked all the weapons for the Man of Arms and the Vanguard, so I'm focusing on the Knight right now. I have a bad match every now and then but overall I'm start to get pretty good, I can take most dudes one on one. Totally ready for some new content, though, additional maps would be swell.

Anyways, I'm always looking for more people to play with. Add me (Steam ID's in my profile) if you'd like, I'm on at least a few days a week.

Also, this is kinda pointless since this thread is buried in community, but Chiv is on sale at GMG:

Chivalry is now 50% off at GreenManGaming.

Also use WINTR-SRVEY-42012 to get it at 8.12 USD

Esch

Banned
I love this game. It's probably my favorite game of the year, I just can't get enough of it. I've unlocked all the weapons for the Man of Arms and the Vanguard, so I'm focusing on the Knight right now. I have a bad match every now and then but overall I'm start to get pretty good, I can take most dudes one on one. Totally ready for some new content, though, additional maps would be swell.

Anyways, I'm always looking for more people to play with. Add me (Steam ID's in my profile) if you'd like, I'm on at least a few days a week.

Also, this is kinda pointless since this thread is buried in community, but Chiv is on sale at GMG:
Same. I havent been bitten by the MP bug like this in a while. I really really love the game overall. Its awesome how small differences in layout can affect your playstyle and an overall encounter. The game is real flexible in approach- you can have some success just spamming lmb with a big powerful weapon and get kills, but you'll never be that good. Love the sensation from icing someone in a head to head duel (only to get promptly murked from behind by a 3rd aprty lol). Crazy how you can sink a couple hours into this. I mostly main MaA but i'm finishing up unlocking knight. Not sure if i wanna do vangie.

I have some complaints though..
1)MaA needs a health boost of some kind. Even with the war axe or falchion its just too easy to get murked in FFA when you're countering and polishing off a knight or vanguard only to get just felled by a swing from some assholes huge halberd. The tradeoff in speed/mobility isnt as effective as it could be because...

2)The vangie is overpowered. Good speed, relatively high hp, long ass weapons with high damage, sprint attack (useful when breaking up a duel), and some good throwing weapons to boot. Something in this class needs to get nerfed. THere is no drawback to playing vangie at all.

3)People complaining about archers. Yeah, theyre annoying, but theyre easy as hell to kill. I've only met 1 or 2 archers that were ever able to come close to tops in an FFA, and they were mostly using javelins. They are lame in objective based matches, but I can deal.

I could use a couple new classes or weapons too. But what lol?

Also i added you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hated Archers a lot at first, but I was mostly playing as Vanguard and had no defense against ranged attacks. As a Man at Arms and Knight (with shields equipped), they're free kills most of the time. It's especially satisfying to get the drop on a pack of them while they're busy trying to snipe like little bitches.

Now my only complaint is that the large majority of them are completely useless. It's both frustrating and hilarious to see my Archer teammates camping near the our spawn during an objective match, completely ignoring the goal just so they can get a few easy kills. It's the same shit you see in any objective based MP game with a sniper class. This issue is compounded by the fact that sometimes you'll be stuck with several archers on your team at once, since a lot of people seem to just want a high KDR and don't give a shit about anything else.

It's not really a big deal, though. This game is light hearted enough to avoid ever being frustrating for me. Win or lose it's good times.

EDIT - When it comes to new weapons, they'd probably have to start thinking outside of the box. Brass knuckles would be BA.

Esch

Banned
I hated Archers a lot at first, but I was mostly playing as Vanguard and had no defense against ranged attacks. As a Man at Arms and Knight (with shields equipped), they're free kills most of the time. It's especially satisfying to get the drop on a pack of them while they're busy trying to snipe like little bitches.

Now my only complaint is that the large majority of them are completely useless. It's both frustrating and hilarious to see my Archer teammates camping near the our spawn during an objective match, completely ignoring the goal just so they can get a few easy kills. It's the same shit you see in any objective based MP game with a sniper class. This issue is compounded by the fact that sometimes you'll be stuck with several archers on your team at once, since a lot of people seem to just want a high KDR and don't give a shit about anything else.

It's not really a big deal, though. This game is light hearted enough to avoid ever being frustrating for me. Win or lose it's good times.

EDIT - When it comes to new weapons, they'd probably have to start thinking outside of the box. Brass knuckles would be BA.

exactly lol its always fun. Good point about Vangies getting work from archers, i hadnt even considered that. I hate getting TK'd by an archer as well, shits awful.

Brass knucs would be sick, but Its actually already super easy to kill people with fists. strangely enough. You can spam lmb and basically run in a circle around them.

I would kill to have them introduce different classes: Fighters from the medieval era like vikings, arabs, mongols, turks.

Esch

Banned
id wager my deaths by archery are 35% teamkill 65% legit. I wouldnt mind it so much if they werent such unapologetic dicks about it too. Archers really are sniper people in terms of personalities. ;3

Sullichin

The worst thing about this game is the awful, immature community. I went to take a screenshot and had to take it twice because someone had said the N word in the first one. Every game I've been in has had people complaining about lag, the weapons other people are using, saying that other people on the team suck, and trying to vote kick team killers. I realize the irony of complaining about people complaining, but yeah.

But I really like this game. However, I'm terrible with any class other than vanguard or knight.

Esch

Banned
The worst thing about this game is the awful, immature community. I went to take a screenshot and had to take it twice because someone had said the N word in the first one. Every game I've been in has had people complaining about lag, the weapons other people are using, saying that other people on the team suck, and trying to vote kick team killers. I realize the irony of complaining about people complaining, but yeah.

But I really like this game. However, I'm terrible with any class other than vanguard or knight.

i mean this literally happens in every online game ever ever ever ever

Sullichin

i mean this literally happens in every online game ever ever ever ever

I guess. I'm really used to the great Dark Souls community though, which cuts down on a lot of this because it doesn't have chat. But you're only playing with a couple of people at most at a time in that game so it's pretty different.

It just makes me wish I knew people who played this game is all. I'll be going back through this thread and adding people to my Steam list. Feel free to add me, my steam name is the same as my username.

I guess. I'm really used to the great Dark Souls community though, which cuts down on a lot of this because it doesn't have chat. But you're only playing with a couple of people at most at a time in that game so it's pretty different.

It just makes me wish I knew people who played this game is all. I'll be going back through this thread and adding people to my Steam list. Feel free to add me, my steam name is the same as my username.

The community was wonderful in the beginning but it went to shit like most other communities for games that reach this level of popularity. Not much you can do about it but ignore the trash and try to play with people you know. If you can find a regular server to join that has good moderation, that can help too. Also...

Join the GAF Steam group! Info is in the OP. I usually only have time to jump in over the weekend these days but I always check the group first to see if anyone is already playing that I can join in with.

66EpT.jpg

• Duel Mode, allowing you to continually fight 1 on 1 without risk of interruption
  • New weapons, including the Flail and Polehammer featured in the image above

qYXez.jpg

• New Maps, including the Team Objective map Citadel pictured above and several maps for the new Duel mode

As well as:

• Capture the Flag Mode
  • Optimization
  • Bakance adjustments

And for those of you who want the battlefield to be just a little bit messier:

• Blood Decals painting to the ground when a player is struck
  • Ragdoll length slider

And of course TONS of bugfixes and polish work to the game overall. All of this is coming to you completely free in January so stay tuned for more details on the update and brush up on your dueling skills!

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1683

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Update sounds great, I was hoping they'd add a flail and I've been waiting for CTF. But now we need some new maps. The current ones are great, but even just a few new maps in the mix would prove a much needed refresh.

Nabs

I feel like the Map Rotation was much better during the beta. I've been running into the same 3-4 maps in LTS/TDM. I miss that one rainy map with the log bridge. It was too fun in LTS.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It would be cool if you could challenge people to duels just with Steam. "Snuggler challenged you to a duel - click to join" and it would auto-launch you into the match. It would be a great way to settle disputes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It would be cool if you could challenge people to duels just with Steam. "Snuggler challenged you to a duel - click to join" and it would auto-launch you into the match. It would be a great way to settle disputes.

Someone please kidnap whoever is needed to make this happen and then make them do it.

I'd imagine small arenas with 1 vs 1 queue and spectating like Jedi Academy's Duel servers. Hope servers host the game type. Would be great if you could either spectate normally or get put in a FFA pit to practice while you wait.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Are the servers down for everyone?

I played my first match yesterday but after the server list wouldn't populate and still won't today.

PaulLFC

Why is this game so buggy? Haven't even ventured into the multiplayer yet, just been playing the tutorial (or trying to) and three times now the AI has stopped responding to attacks - once he just froze on the spot and I couldn't move, all I could do was quit.

Why is this game so buggy? Haven't even ventured into the multiplayer yet, just been playing the tutorial (or trying to) and three times now the AI has stopped responding to attacks - once he just froze on the spot and I couldn't move, all I could do was quit.

Well the good news is there is no AI in the actual game. I personally haven't ran into many bugs but I know others have run into issues from time to time.

I just played for the first time in a while. The game is still great. A serious game of the year contender. I'm looking forward to that content patch. Duel Mode sounds so awesome.

I almost have 100 hours in this game.

The combat's pretty much become second nature to me. It's not hard to get first place consistently on things like FFA if you know what you are doing.

I think my only major issue is feinting. I just don't like how it's implemented and used. I don't really have to deal with it anymore though since my style is more like keeping out of range until I need to strike, or if I get in close without attacking it's so I can kick them in the middle of an attack.

Riposte

Can someone link me to some advance strategy? I need up my game. I do better in duels or small rooms than big rooms with body parts flying everywhere.

TheFatOne

GAF any tips on taking out dudes with the giant longswords. Anything I try doesn't work. I block with a shield, and then try to attack and the guy is already swinging. When I try to parry he is already making his second attack and I can't get in fast enough.

Riposte

I have never been so bad with shooting in a game as I am in this one while using a bow. I have no idea where that arrow is going to go. I'll just stick with melee.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have never been so bad with shooting in a game as I am in this one while using a bow. I have no idea where that arrow is going to go. I'll just stick with melee.

Yeah, I can't hate bow-assholes because every time I use it I'm reminded how difficult it actually is.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

I've been going through each class and unlocking all their weapons, and archery has been, by far, the most difficult. There's always a small learning curve when learning a new style but I eventually excelled at Vanguard, MaA and Knight, but I still feel completely useless with bows.

I think bow/xbow was definitely an after thought in this case. In most games with non-instant projectiles you can just lead and hit pretty consistently. But here it feels pretty wonky.

I thought War of the Roses handled the archery aspect much better.

As much as I hate dying from arrows, good archers are so deadly and I know it's difficult. Especially when they are good with the bow AND at close combat. I usually play as a Knight and they still own me.

Hauk

Neo Member
Oh man should I buy this, should I really..
It seems fun, but then again I have some experience with multiplayer games like this that tend to get a bit repetitive and then I forget them soon after buying. Still, I'd get it for 6€ cause I have 5 on Steam Wallet at the moment. Just torn on this one.

TheFatOne

Man I really love this game, but eventually I'm going to have to learn how to play with a kb/mouse. Controller is fine, and works great. The only problem is that I can't turn fast enough compared to some of the people playing. Nothing is more satisfying than baiting a dude dodging his attack and seeing him decapitate a team mate.

My skill in a game has never been more inconsistent than in this one. Sometimes I have rounds where I do AMAZING and then I have a round where I do really bad or average. It's weird :p

Top Bottom