• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare |OT| My battle cry brings all the boys to the yard

Moaradin

We just updated to it yesterday and I just followed a friend through Steam. Are you sure your beta patch is up to date? I know they had a couple different levels of beta and your might not be on the latest revision that has all the content.

Yea, I've had multiple 1-2gb patches. Just had one today actually. I see one server, but it's private.

I've found that this game is enjoyable in just about every single game mode. Game modes in Chivalry are just a means to an end: the amazing combat.

Amagon

Jesus, trying to get through the choke points in the Mordor map is a bitch. Swinging around with the flail is fun though.

Where is the dueling mode?

Wait, are there actually 13 new maps, or are they pulling a DICE and counting different game modes?
I wish I can tell you.
Massive Content Update Arrives!

You stand alone in middle of a frigid and blood-soaked battlefield, riddled with corpses so thick that the snow itself is painted red. In your hand lies a Flail, a weapon made for only one purpose. The destruction of all those who oppose you. As a veteran of battle you know the landscapes and arsenal well, but now you must conquer new regions and master unique weapons and tactics. For any man can kill another in the chaos of battle, but the glory of victory in single combat is unmatched. Will yours be a name remembered for all time? Or will you die, bested by another who has mastered the sword. This is Medieval Warfare, and this is a massive update:

13 New Maps
- Citadel
- Frigid
- Argon's Wall
- And 10 new duel arenas

5 New Weapons
- Sling
- Quarterstaff
- Polehammer
- Flail
- Heavy Flail

2 New Game Modes
- Duel Mode (For intense 1v1 Action)
- Capture the Flag

Alternate Swings
- Can now do left to right swings!

Improved Server Browser
Blood Decals now paint to the ground when you hit an enemy
Can now adjust how long Corpses stay on the battlefield
Much Stronger Hack and Cheat Protection
Music Jukebox in options menu for listening to full Chivalry soundtrack ingame
Optimization
Greatly Improved Spectator mode
Balance adjustments
Bug fixes
General Polish

Alternate Swings
- Can now do left to right swings!

I'm curious what this is all about. You can now do the default swing but by beginning the attack from the other direction? Controlwise how is this done? Holding a key to use the left to right swing? If that is the case, it should help in close quarters and when friendlies are around if I can train myself to use it.

Jesus, trying to get through the choke points in the Mordor map is a bitch. Swinging around with the flail is fun though.

Where is the dueling mode?

I wish I can tell you.

Nice, thanks. Also:

Fuck schoolwork and the gym today!!!

:)

RXYeCNx.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm curious what this is all about. You can now do the default swing but by beginning the attack from the other direction? Controlwise how is this done? Holding a key to use the left to right swing? If that is the case, it should help in close quarters and when friendlies are around if I can train myself to use it.

The new swings are separate buttons. They default to the additional buttons on your mouse (if you have them).

Johnny M

After a few hours of play, is amazing. The new maps are reeeally good.

Citadel, TO map, which looks like mordor, you have to free a bunch of slaves, and kill Lord Malric at the end.

Frigid, TDM map, snow covered with lots of traps, so it's really fun to play.

Argon's wall, TDM map, a huge wall divide the map in two halfs. Great atmosphere

For the new weapons, flails are something "meh", i did enjoy the slingers though

Setre

So I've been playing Chivlary since it came out but I still don't know how to say "Yes my Lord" and other things I hear people saying. Anyone want to clue me in on what button I need to press or is it a mod people use?

X brings up the menu then number keys for the messages.

I was having a rough night. I hadn't played since the free weekend and I think I picked up some bad habits. Rushing in first was a good tactic when I was decapitating 2 and 3 guys at a time. Now that the level 0s cleared out, it doesn't work as well.

Shifty76

Not a fan of any of the new weapons. Didn't use the heavy flail, but if it's slower than the normal one, then ugh.

Quarterstaff seems to have less range than the broadsword and does way less damage. Yeah, it's fast with combo's but that's about it's only redeeming feature. Even the jab attack is slow.

Ploehammer was OK but really it's just a worse version of the halberd.

Love all the other changes though. Game seems way more polished and those new maps are awesome.

Had a chance to try out duel mode too, and came in a very close 2nd place. MaA is so much nicer when you don't have to worry about some retard vanguard from your team coming in and TKing you in the back with his giant noobsword.

Shifty76

It's a multiplayer game. Dumb people will always label whatever whatever weapon they aren't using a "noob" weapon.

I've played all classes and unlocked all weapons...

I label it that due to the sheer number of vanguard players that TK me from mashing LMB. Half the time they're not even in range of an enemy and are already clicking like mad.
I don't have near the same issue with MaA's or knights.

As a MaA player it's especially frustrating because one of those swings takes off 80% of my life.
Last night the same guy TK'd me 4-5 times on just one map from spamming his LMB attack.

I really wish they'd mapped jab attack to LMB rather than slash that hits targets in a 180 degree (or more) arc. That'd reduce the number of FF incidents significantly.

I have no issue with good vanguards who actually use their jab/overhead attack. Those significantly reduce the chances of FF damage, but it seems that a vast majority of vanguard players just spam LMB all day without regard to friendlies who may be in the area.

Maybe I'll just stick to duel matches. No worries of FF in those.

Shifty76

Sorry for rant, its just extremely frustrating having to switch to knight just to be able to survive all the ff.

Maybe I just need to start vote kicking - that ff indicator is handy

Top Bottom