• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Walken as Captain Hook looks amazing and terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison is at least 15,000X more natural than Carrie Underwood. Watching Carrie in Sound of Music was just plain cringeworthy. Even the crazy production values couldn't save that shit

Also FEMALE LINK realized

Allison is doing pretty goddamn well so far, at least in my book. Carrie was stunt casting which worked, ratings wise.

Ok that was very well done too, I wonder how they'll hide the wire attach for the kids

Ya, and they showed the light on the stage by accident/went to the wrong camera for like a split second. Livelivelive

That wire, hahaha. So far not that bad though even if cheesy. Musicals just usually dont do it for me. Really have to see Walken though.

WillyFive

Man, those cables would be invincible on an SD TV, they are so thin. They stick out like a sore thumb in HD though; the camera should be more restrained in sequences like these.

Also my wife blurted out, "is that Link" before she ended up falling asleep on the couch. But yea, that was funny. She's not a gamer or anything.

The flying is good but seeing the wires is just messy. But what can you do really? This seems like it will be fun, corny, and a major step up from last year.

Who is Allison anyway, I've never heard of her until now?
The Book of Morman will change your mind.

I admit that's one I really want to see and have no doubt it would do something for me. All the singing in musicals gets to me.

man... that's in St. Louis right now. I generally don't enjoy musicals either, but I really wanna catch that :l

Also my wife blurted out, "is that Link" before she ended up falling asleep on the couch. But yea, that was funny. She's not a gamer or anything.

The flying is good but seeing the wires is just messy. But what can you do really? This seems like it will be fun, corny, and a major step up from last year.

Who is Allison anyway, I've never heard of her until now?

I admit that's one I really want to see and have no doubt it would do something for me. All the singing in musicals gets to me.

LOL nice to know I wasn't the first to think Link. Allison is Brian Williams' kid. Normally I'd call nepotism on this, (I've never seen Girls) but she's solid for sure

As a five year old in the middle of the theater, "I'm Flying" looked like fucking magic.

I didn't even believe it after I got a backstage tour because my parents knew someone who worked at the theater.

I don't think this is going to have the same impression on kids watching this in HD.

EDIT: And now I am out. That's all I really wanted to see.

Can't do diddly about the wires, really. It's a live play and I'd prioritize safety over all. Even if you could hide them, the tug on the clothes is pretty obvious.

So far, definitely a step up.

man... that's in St. Louis right now. I generally don't enjoy musicals either, but I really wanna catch that :l

LOL nice to know I wasn't the first to think Link. Allison is Brian Williams' kid. Normally I'd call nepotism on this, (I've never seen Girls) but she's solid for sure

Okay I even had to look him up, but of course I know who he is. I just don't watch NBC news that often to remember. She's definitely good. I'm assuming most of these folks are Broadway actors? The mother had a great voice.

Walken arrives, this is going to be wild!

Mystic

Neo Member
The tattoo on the pirates arm...

activision-star-wars-bounty-hunter-gc.jpg

I have no doubt it's very good, but it's still musical genre music. There is something about once every 5-7 years I would like to see, but everything tends to have the same patter and beats. Of course, it doesn't help that most musicals seems to made by a handful of people.

How can you people stand 10 minutes of content and then like 15 minutes of ads? i don't get it.

American TV is 22 minutes of content per half hour, generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom