• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chromecast |OT|

Chairhome

Why can't Chromecast just be an app for Android?
Are there some limitations to the hardware or something?
Serious question, sorry if this was already asked.

I seriously see no point in this device, when you can turn your TV into a computer (Android) with a HDMI stick for under $50, which have been around for years.
Sure, $35 is not much, but just a YouTube/Netflix player for $35 seems like a waste of money in my eyes.

I think the potential for the CC is great, since there will be other apps that will take advantage of it in the future. The great thing is how easy it is to bring up content on a phone/tablet then just launch it on CC. I have heard that with other android-on-TV devices, there are problems with stuttering and quality, but I haven't had any issues with this yet. The other day, I sent some video from the Disney website (the new Mickey Mouse Cartoons) from my browser tab to the television and it worked flawlessly.

Can I send netflix video to Chromecast from my phone? I really don't want to use a laptop.

Yes. And its great for this, I don't have to boot up my 360 or PS3, load the app, then launch the vid. I can bring the app up on my phone before i even get to my tv, then have the app turn the tv on and set it to the correct input and start playing. The quality of the video is pretty great, too, i haven't had any problems, but I've only tried HD youtube vids and a few seconds of Netflix (just to try it out).

Those Android HDMI sticks aren't too good for HD video, and more importantly they certainly aren't getting proper Netflix and other streaming provider support as they aren't shipping with the Microsoft Playready and Widevine DRM libraries on the device - the licensing costs of which wouldn't be plausible on a $50 Android stick.

First of all, I'm not that familiar with using Android as a media center, so excuse my ignorace in this area if I happen to be wrong about some facts.

Those $50 sticks seems to at least play 720p just fine and note that they support pretty much any file.
The other drawback with android sticks seems to be the wifi, as they only have 802.11 b/g, but no n, so streaming HD content over WiFi would indeed be problematic.

What do you mean with no proper Netflix support, can't you just use the Netflix app?
You can also then pretty much use your phone/tablet as a remote control AFAIK, even if it might not really work in the same way as Chromecast.

Chromecast is neat, but it actually feels like a step backwards in turning your TV into a computer/Smart TV.
They add one convenient feature and take away everything else.

$35 give you:

1080p output (Chrome tab 720p apparently)
802.11 b/g/n
Queue videos in Youtube use any device pretty much as a remote control.
Limited file support and limited service support (for now).

$45 give you (just randomly found mk808 android stick for $45 on ebay):

720p output
802.11 b/g
Full Android experience with apps, games, support for all video files and you can root it for even more features.

Until the community hacks Chromecast to give us the full media center experience, I can't see how it is so hyped and dont kid yourselves that it is so "very cheap", the hardware isnt even that good.
If anything, it's exactly as expensive as it can be to be somewhat appealing.
$35 for a limited media player, not for me at least, I'd rather go with the full Android experience for $10 more, even if its only 720p.

I'm gonna wait for the next wave of sticks with better support and unlimited cloud power.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I don't think the chromecast is a total media center (although the potential is there), it's more a simple interface between the TV and phones and desktop.

First of all, I'm not that familiar with using Android as a media center, so excuse my ignorace in this area if I happen to be wrong about some facts.

Those $50 sticks seems to at least play 720p just fine and note that they support pretty much any file.
The other drawback with android sticks seems to be the wifi, as they only have 802.11 b/g, but no n, so streaming HD content over WiFi would indeed be problematic.

What do you mean with no proper Netflix support, can't you just use the Netflix app?
You can also then pretty much use your phone/tablet as a remote control AFAIK, even if it might not really work in the same way as Chromecast.

Chromecast is neat, but it actually feels like a step backwards in turning your TV into a computer/Smart TV.
They add one convenient feature and take away everything else.

$35 give you:

1080p output (Chrome tab 720p apparently)
802.11 b/g/n
Queue videos in Youtube use any device pretty much as a remote control.
Limited file support and limited service support (for now).

$45 give you (just randomly found mk808 android stick for $45 on ebay):

720p output
802.11 b/g
Full Android experience with apps, games, support for all video files and you can root it for even more features.

Until the community hacks Chromecast to give us the full media center experience, I can't see how it is so hyped and dont kid yourselves that it is so "very cheap", the hardware isnt even that good.
If anything, it's exactly as expensive as it can be to be somewhat appealing.
$35 for a limited media player, not for me at least, I'd rather go with the full Android experience for $10 more, even if its only 720p.

I'm gonna wait for the next wave of sticks with better support and unlimited cloud power.

There's a 1080p mk808B it seems.

3D:: SUPPORT OS: ANDROID 4.1.1
WIFI:: 802.11b/g/n CPU: Dual Core Cortex-A9 1.6GHz
Bluetooth: support 2.4G Solution: RK3066, Cortex-A9
I/O Port:: USB2.0 host*1,OTG micro USB*1,HDMI output*1 RAM:: 8GB Nand Flash
HD: 1080P HDMI Size(L*W*H):: 90*34*16mm

tino

Banned
Yes. And its great for this, I don't have to boot up my 360 or PS3, load the app, then launch the vid. I can bring the app up on my phone before i even get to my tv, then have the app turn the tv on and set it to the correct input and start playing. The quality of the video is pretty great, too, i haven't had any problems, but I've only tried HD youtube vids and a few seconds of Netflix (just to try it out).

Yes I just need to update my Netflix app.

Playing youtube on Chrome stick is a lot smoother than on windows 7 and my smartphone. Its pretty unusable on my Note phone. I am sure google prioritize bandwidth for the stick.

Dragon

Banned
Roku will let you push content to it from a PC? I didn't realize that. How do you push YouTube to it? I'm genuinely curious; I had no idea you could do that. The interface was always something that I wasn't keen on with the Roku.

Someone probably answered this but look at Plex. It's not perfect (and I'm not sure why YouTube isn't on Roku anyway) but it'll work with more than just YouTube.

Why can't Chromecast just be an app for Android?
Are there some limitations to the hardware or something?
Serious question, sorry if this was already asked.

I seriously see no point in this device, when you can turn your TV into a computer (Android) with a HDMI stick for under $50, which have been around for years.
Sure, $35 is not much, but just a YouTube/Netflix player for $35 seems like a waste of money in my eyes.

Because most people don't want a computer on their TV? They want to be able to easily play content. This is what this device is built for.

For those who got the Netflix code, how did it come? Included in the package? Email? I'm honestly not sure if I got one or not (ordered from the Play store about an hour after it went up).

SimleuqiR

I have yet to receive a code from Amazon and my order shipped 7/25.

When they said within 5 days, I'm not sure if they meant 5 business days. So I still have a couple days to go.

The Android sticks are nice to tinker, but the UI is not made for TVs at all. It isn't a fun device to control at all. It's clunky and a pain in the neck.

Chromecast does less, but handles it way, way better. This comes from someone who uses the Android sticks a ton. They require too much work to get rolling.

drspeedy

Mk808b is sketchy to say the least, I had to use a custom rom to get the thing stable and the wifi range is pitiful, YMMV of course but they aren't as awesome as one would hope.

Not to be rude, but anyone who owns a MK808/808b and doesn't use finless ROM is doing it wrong :). Netflix, Hulu (inc'l Hulu "Free" via browser), Crackle, Vevo... apps all look great (albeit in 720p most of the time. Rev3 and some youtube stuff streams in full 1080p, and anything on your home network). Even most of the channel websites (like FX and ABC) work via the browser; basically any content you can find on your laptop you can watch on an Android HDMI stick once it's setup properly.

The initial design one had terrible wifi, but the newer ones have a much better antenna and good wifi signal strength. You pretty much can only get the new ones now

The Android sticks are nice to tinker, but the UI is not made for TVs at all. It isn't a fun device to control at all. It's clunky and a pain in the neck.

Chromecast does less, but handles it way, way better. This comes from someone who uses the Android sticks a ton. They require too much work to get rolling.

I would agree with the second part... not really newb-friendly. But download a few apps and a new loader and they're really, really simple to use.

[edit] and this: http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/android-mini-pc/rkremotecontrol-remote-control-app-rk3066-3285.html

Because most people don't want a computer on their TV? They want to be able to easily play content. This is what this device is built for.

You can easily play content with a computer.
Why should we buy shoes since you can easily just take a plastic bag over them.
Sure, it's easier and you can just walk outside the door in seconds, but would you pay $35 for that convenience when you can get some real shoes for $45?

With that said, I'm not even sure if those android sticks are that good, some seem to say they work excellent and some not.
I just expected/wanted a bit more from this than just pushing Youtube links to a streaming device.

Not to be rude, but anyone who owns a MK808/808b and doesn't use finless ROM is doing it wrong :). Netflix, Hulu (inc'l Hulu "Free" via browser), Crackle, Vevo... apps all look great (albeit in 720p most of the time. Rev3 and some youtube stuff streams in full 1080p, and anything on your home network). Even most of the channel websites (like FX and ABC) work via the browser; basically any content you can find on your laptop you can watch on an Android HDMI stick once it's setup properly.

This is what a stick should do, sounds brilliant, too bad on the wifi and 720p.
These sticks have been around for years and it actually cost $42, so it's only $7 more than Chromecast.
I'm not impressed Google, step it up.

I would agree with the second part... not really newb-friendly. But download a few apps and a new loader and they're really, really simple to use.

Definitely true. But for example, the UG802 I got has that horrendous wifi antenna, and their solution is to have you crack open the case and air it out. Others say move it and that's fine.

Basically it's a crap shoot for these. And unless you're getting it to fiddle with, then you're going to run into issues and it's going to be a problem.

You can easily play content with a computer.
Why should we buy shoes since you can easily just take a plastic bag over them.
Sure, it's easier and you can just walk outside the door in seconds, but would you pay $35 for that convenience when you can get some real shoes for $45?

With that said, I'm not even sure if those android sticks are that good, some seem to say they work excellent and some not.
I just expected/wanted a bit more from this than just pushing Youtube links to a streaming device.

The shoe analogy is goddamn terrible.

The sticks are fine and more fully featured, but the Chromecast has the built in feature set to stream Chrome tabs, and eventually the desktop, which is way cleaner than any remote desktop app (and I swear by TeamViewer).

Basically, Chromecast are sneakers, and Android sticks are knockoff dress shoes. If you're not impressed, that's fine, but you should put in the work with Android sticks before claiming them as a legitimate superior product.

For those who got the Netflix code, how did it come? Included in the package? Email? I'm honestly not sure if I got one or not (ordered from the Play store about an hour after it went up).

if you bought in stores from best buy it's on receipt and to your email if they have it on file.

thespot84

How many apps did Roku Launch with? Calling CC a youtube streaming device is disingenuous at best, when a bunch of other apps have already announced integration is in the works, including

Pandora
Aol
Rev3
Plex
HBOgo
redbox
vimeo

And many more to come i'm sure:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/29/chromecast-supported-apps-for-redbox-instant-vimeo-are-on-the-way/
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/29/4569536/vimeo-hbo-go-redbox-instant-may-be-coming-to-chromecast

How many apps did Roku Launch with? Calling CC a youtube streaming device is disingenuous at best, when a bunch of other apps have already announced integration is in the works, including

Pandora
Aol
Rev3
Plex
HBOgo
redbox
vimeo

And many more to come i'm sure:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/29/chromecast-supported-apps-for-redbox-instant-vimeo-are-on-the-way/
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/29/4569536/vimeo-hbo-go-redbox-instant-may-be-coming-to-chromecast

I have no idea what Roku is, but Roku seems to have been out there for a few years and also have better features and support.
But okay, sorry, a Youtube streaming device that slowly is turning into a streaming service streaming device, for nearly the same price as a stick that gives you a ton more features, content and freedom.
Still expected a lot more from a multi-billion company, they were just a few years too late.

I have no idea what Roku is, but Roku seems to have been out there for a few years and also have better features and support.
But okay, sorry, a Youtube streaming device that slowly is turning into a streaming service streaming device, for nearly the same price as a stick that gives you a ton more features, content and freedom.
Still expected a lot more from a multi-billion company, they were just a few years too late.

Roku barely launched with anything beyond Netflix. It built off of it because it was really the first.

Android TV sticks are nice, but as stated before, not for newbies, require tinkering, and require legwork to get the most out of it.

Chromecast is the middleground. Roku is easiest, and TV sticks are harder. This is for the people who want more but don't want to put forth the effort to wrestle with hardware and software issues. However, streaming Chrome tabs and possibly your desktop is a way bigger deal than you seem to realize.

This device isn't for you, the TV sticks are. Google isn't late to anything. You are severely overestimating the ability of the general public to use a TV stick.

Disclaimer: I own all 3 of these.

FinKL

Any luck trying to find this at a b&m best buy?

I'm pretty sure you won't find one. You can check online for store availability. I even went to a BestBuy that had them in stock (checking store kiosk) and the reps told me they were "OOS". It could very well be the case, but I'm going to chalk it up as they were holding them for BestBuy employees like the HP Touchpad fire sale a few years ago.

A YouTube streamer?

Did you, conveniently, forget about Chrome/desktop mirroring, which is an amazing feature? Via mirroring, I was able to run all web videos I tested just fine in full screen on my TV. Native support for sites and apps will come over time, and ignoring one of the killer features of the device just to give your argument a thin veil of legitimacy is just wrong.

kaskade

So according to anandtech this can stream Netflix in "SuperHD" (1080p). I wasn't sure if it was going to be able to. I'm going to try my luck at Best Buy. Someone a few pages back said they are getting a shipment tuesday so maybe I'll get lucky.

Roku barely launched with anything beyond Netflix. It built off of it because it was really the first.

Android TV sticks are nice, but as stated before, not for newbies, require tinkering, and require legwork to get the most out of it.

Chromecast is the middleground. Roku is easiest, and TV sticks are harder. This is for the people who want more but don't want to put forth the effort to wrestle with hardware and software issues. However, streaming Chrome tabs and possibly your desktop is a way bigger deal than you seem to realize.

This device isn't for you, the TV sticks are. Google isn't late to anything. You are severely overestimating the ability of the general public to use a TV stick.

Disclaimer: I own all 3 of these.

Why I'm saying Google is late, is because apparently Roku did exactly what Chromecast is trying to do, a few years ago.
The only thing Chromecast have to rely on right now is the added convenience for streaming, they couldn't have done this a long time ago?
All I'm saying is, at this very moment, $35 for a streaming service streaming device doesn't seem that awesome to me, when there are "better" sticks out there for almost the same price, so I expected (keyword) more from Google.
Who knows, Google might turn it into something actually new and original, but now it's kinda lame for what you get today.

I mean, even streaming just a Chrome tab is kinda lame when you have been able to stream desktops for ages, even if it's usually laggy.
Not bad feature, of course there are some uses for it, but they should have done desktop streaming from the start, if they even will implement that feature.
Today we can stream playable games to handheld devices, but Chromecast only stream Youtube/Netflix or one single chrome tab in this time.
What I've read, Chrome tab streaming isn't even working flawlessy, is it?

Mairu

This inexpensive first gen device isn't perfect and doesn't live up to more expensive alternatives that I haven't even tried! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

This is sarcasm.

I was trying to dance around this, but you don't know what you're talking about. At all.

Your expectations of this device vs your ideas of how the glorious Roku box and Android TV stick operate are wildly conflicting. You've used none of these devices, most of us have used multiple.

Streaming Chrome tabs/desktops is a big goddamn deal. Especially if it's straight up built in. No remote desktop app can keep up with that. TeamViewer is nice and all, but for example, showing my laptop on my TV via the Android stick is a right pain in the ass, and not that usable.

Meanwhile, with this, I can literally just hurl up any Chrome tab? So that's Twitch streams, UFC streams, WWE streams, any Flash stream, anything. That is important as hell. That's about 80% of the content I consume, and was a big reason of why I built an HTPC in the first place, along with being able to play PC games on my TV.

But nope, let's handwave it because some people have had issues with it. Not like it's a killer feature or anything.

This is either cognitive dissonance or just straight up trolling, but either way we're done here. You're not helping by poopooing a device you've never used, comparing it to more expensive devices that you've also never used, and straight up ignoring features about products. It is a waste of time explaining this to you, because you're clearly more interested in being right than learning anything.

Did you, conveniently, forget about Chrome/desktop mirroring, which is an amazing feature? Via mirroring, I was able to run all web videos I tested just fine in full screen on my TV. Native support for sites and apps will come over time, and ignoring one of the killer features of the device just to give your argument a thin veil of legitimacy is just wrong.

It's an amazing feature, but one that's also in beta, and doesn't work well for me (though I admit I may not have the dongle on the best TV to try it).

You should probably focus on what the Chromecast can do best - and that's the apps.

It's an amazing feature, but one that's also in beta, and doesn't work well for me (though I admit I may not have the dongle on the best TV to try it).

You should probably focus on what the Chromecast can do best - and that's the apps.

It works 100% perfectly on my TV/PC setup. No lag, and it's seamless.

Your mileage may vary with any product. Dismissing a key feature due to a "beta" tag when many people are enjoying said feature just fine is silly to me.

Mairu

Twitch doesn't seem to work for me yet (wasn't getting any audio when I tried it last night) but I expect at some point we'll get app capability to make it better.

It works 100% perfectly on my TV/PC setup. No lag, and it's seamless.

Your mileage may vary with any product. Dismissing a key feature due to a "beta" tag when many people are enjoying said feature just fine is silly to me.

I'm not dismissing it. But even Google's own Chromecast sale page doesn't make a big deal about it, because they know it's a feature that's highly dependent on how the Chromecast is used.

It's a big reason why I feel the Chromecast is worth what it costs (especially if you nabbed the Netflix code). It's a device with a ton of potential, priced at a level that gets it into homes. Now we wait for more official support (coming with other apps) or for someone to hack the crap out of it.

I was trying to dance around this, but you don't know what you're talking about. At all.

Your expectations of this device vs your ideas of how the glorious Roku box and Android TV stick operate are wildly conflicting. You've used none of these devices, most of us have used multiple.

Streaming Chrome tabs/desktops is a big goddamn deal. Especially if it's straight up built in. No remote desktop app can keep up with that. TeamViewer is nice and all, but for example, showing my laptop on my TV via the Android stick is a right pain in the ass, and not that usable.

Meanwhile, with this, I can literally just hurl up any Chrome tab? So that's Twitch streams, UFC streams, WWE streams, any Flash stream, anything. That is important as hell. That's about 80% of the content I consume, and was a big reason of why I built an HTPC in the first place, along with being able to play PC games on my TV.

But nope, let's handwave it because some people have had issues with it. Not like it's a killer feature or anything.

This is either cognitive dissonance or just straight up trolling, but either way we're done here. You're not helping by poopooing a device you've never used, comparing it to more expensive devices that you've also never used, and straight up ignoring features about products. It is a waste of time explaining this to you, because you're clearly more interested in being right than learning anything.

Nah, to be honest I'm actually kinda curious about Chromecast and it would be nice having such a device for my TV, but all I see is the features of these other sticks, that cost almost the same and the limitations that Chromecast have.
Never said that android sticks are glorious (and I barely even touched the discussion about Roku), just that from what I'm reading, they do everything you need them to and Chromecast do much less but with the added ability to push streams (or however you call it).
I mean, if you had to choose between Chromecast and an Android stick and you have the knowledge to fully utilize those two devices, honestly, which one would you pick?
For me, it's "one-click stream but always from another device" vs "use your TV as a computer, but you have to browse inside it and sometimes can push videos".

Serious question, this is actually the true dealbreaker for me right now, otherwise I'd gladly give it a go, how likely is it that a media player will be added, that support all video files and subtitle files?

I wish Chromecast was an app for android, that would be truly awesome.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just got an e-mail from Amazon for a backordered Chromecast saying that I would receive a Netflix code within 5 days of shipping. Sadly I cancelled my order yesterday lol

sangreal

Got my code but I can't use it because I'm already getting free Netflix (LG):
Only one gift may be used at a time.
Please wait until your other gift has finished before redeeming this gift.

Fortunately I only have 3 months left on that, and the CC code is good until 12/31

Nah, to be honest I'm actually kinda curious about Chromecast and it would be nice having such a device for my TV

I seriously see no point in this device

Really now?

DunderHassan said:
Never said that android sticks are glorious (and I barely even touched the discussion about Roku)

DunderHassan said:
when you can turn your TV into a computer (Android) with a HDMI stick for under $50, which have been around for years.

Double really now? (Also Android sticks only really started taking shape in 2012, especially around the fall)

Make up your damn mind.

DunderHassan said:
I mean, if you had to choose between Chromecast and an Android stick and you have the knowledge to fully utilize those two devices, honestly, which one would you pick?

Chromecast and it's not even a contest. Can I use the Android stick for stuff like emulators and such? Sure! I love hooking up my arcade stick to it and playing games. Does it do what the Chromecast does better? Not even fucking close.

Android sticks are jack of all trades, master of none devices. And they are also a right fucking pain to mess with, as well as a crapshoot in terms of build quality.

DunderHassan said:
For me, it's "one-click stream but always from another device" vs "use your TV as a computer, but you have to browse inside it and sometimes can push videos".

Yeah, you should use one of these fabled Android sticks and tell me how you make out. Wait until the honeymoon period is over.

Hell, you want one? I'll sell you mine. I use it with a 4 port USB hub that I velcroed to it and a USB Air Mouse, and had to crack open the casing to take out the wi-fi antenna to get any reception. It looks like a fucking IED.

I'm pretty sure you won't find one. You can check online for store availability. I even went to a BestBuy that had them in stock (checking store kiosk) and the reps told me they were "OOS". It could very well be the case, but I'm going to chalk it up as they were holding them for BestBuy employees like the HP Touchpad fire sale a few years ago.

Well in my area at least there's tons of em, I counted at least 20 people purchasing then the other day when I was getting my Nexus 7. Even some Grandma's got em.

SRG01

So I'm still a little confused about chrome cast: what are it's advantages over something like a miracast dongle? It doesn't seem like it has that many advantages?

Geedorah

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Enjoying streaming Youtube from my phone while wandering around cooking - but it really needs to bump up app support in that regards.

Fingers crossed for a 1:1 mirroring application, which when run just pushes whatever content from the phone/tablet to the TV.

Really now?

Without proper video file support and with all the features that android sticks are offering, I didn't see any point in it, even if it's convenient.

Double really now? (Also Android sticks only really started taking shape in 2012, especially around the fall)

Make up your damn mind.

I just looked up a Roku 2 1080p streaming device and it was released june 2011 apparently (might be wrong), so at least 2 years.
Was it any good? No idea.

Chromecast and it's not even a contest. Can I use the Android stick for stuff like emulators and such? Sure! I love hooking up my arcade stick to it and playing games. Does it do what the Chromecast does better? Not even fucking close.

Android sticks are jack of all trades, master of none devices. And they are also a right fucking pain to mess with, as well as a crapshoot in terms of build quality.

Yeah, you should use one of these fabled Android sticks and tell me how you make out. Wait until the honeymoon period is over.

Hell, you want one? I'll sell you mine. I use it with a 4 port USB hub that I velcroed to it and a USB Air Mouse, and had to crack open the casing to take out the wi-fi antenna to get any reception. It looks like a fucking IED.

And thank you, this you could've started with, so apparently android sticks just sucks.
I know nobody who own either one, so when I see the features of a one year old stick and compare it to Chromecast, Chromecast just seems lame, at least that you gotta admit.
If Chromecast does everything much better and have the potential to provide more features in the future, then it clearly can be something great.
It just seemed like an "expensive" solution for what it does, but if it does "everything" that great as you're saying and android sticks is such a mess as you're saying, fine, I'll step away and admit defeat.

Side note: so how does your android stick work now, after all tinkering?
Does it do everything it's supposed to do fine?

Nicktendo86

So I'm still a little confused about chrome cast: what are it's advantages over something like a miracast dongle? It doesn't seem like it has that many advantages?
Mitacast streams what is on your device, this doesn't. You can use your device while it streams from the net, turn it off, whatever as it doesn't use the device to stream.

thespot84

the biggest advantage to CC that people aren't highlighting is battery.

With the exception of a few airplay services (I think, i'm not really familiar), all the other options mentioned stream from your device. Like what Nicktendo86 said chromcast DOES NOT STREAM FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE. This is so huge. Even when using an MHL adapter for my phone plugged into a decent charger the battery still couldn't keep up, it was pathetic. Chromcast today only streams a few things, sure, but it's the mechanism that is the killer app. It's going to be built into TVs in the near future further pressuring content providers to change their app (which google has made an easy affair).

For 95% of the content consuming population this will meet every use case they have with simplicity and elegance. That is why people are saying this thing is awesome, and I wouldn't be surprised if it won some kind of 'invention of the year' award once it ramps up on the adoption curve.

SRG01

Mitacast streams what is on your device, this doesn't. You can use your device while it streams from the net, turn it off, whatever as it doesn't use the device to stream.

Oooh, I get it. It's like... pushing content to another system then? But the other system has it's own processing capabilities?

Top Bottom