• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenfold

Publishers are pretty influential when it comes to this though. Not many would support giving away free content the way Paradox is known to.

The relationship seems to work between Paradox and their dev teams. As the artists work dries up as release approaches with all the assets well in place, the artists start making different skins (as an example) and Paradox release them as cheap DLC. It's a gamble on their part really, if the game tanks (I know) they lose out, and the (albeit often justified) DLC hate seems to overshadow the fact that people need to pay bills.

Just got my key from GMG!

iAX5SZu.gif

*has a lot of possible layouts in his mind, waiting to be realized*

Hopefully my old skills still work mostly in this game. (I should find some time tomorrow to buy and download the game. Actually, make it buy now...)

Sevenfold

Modding/editor question.
Is the ability to design a specific building ingame? preferably with no purpose other than to plop a unique structure in a certain place. IE can I add to the pool of buildings or would I have to redesign an existing one? Or am I overestimating the editing capabillity at release?

Now the wait begins for me. Not being able to pre-load in any way is a bit annoying, but I guess that can't be helped...

(Yup, I bought it. On Steam.)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
~3gb download and 4gb installed.

No key yet for me from GMG. I'm at work now so it really doesn't matter anyway, won't be home until 4:30. Then I have to download the 3GB which will take me a few hours on my farm country internet, so with luck I'll be playing by 8:00 or so tonight.

:(

Spookie

Finishing at 3:30pm here in the UK, gonna get everything I need done for tomorrow morning before release. Woo. This is the most excited I've been for a game in ages!

Rootbeer

Banned
ya know nuuvem getting that key about 5 hours ago so I could play it at work would have been pretty awesome. Ahh well, guess I'll spend tomorrow playing it instead!

bjaelke

Modding/editor question.
Is the ability to design a specific building ingame? preferably with no purpose other than to plop a unique structure in a certain place. IE can I add to the pool of buildings or would I have to redesign an existing one? Or am I overestimating the editing capabillity at release?

No, you have to import the 3d model.

FlipCup

Neo Member
Can't wait to see someone with an SP3 give this a shot.

I have mine pre-ordered but may need to up my timeline for building a PC if it doesn't run smooth.

I am on the i5 128 BTW.

Jisgsaw

So I need some explanation about the asset editor. So it looks like you can use these creations in a normal, achievement-based game, correct? It also looks like assets are based upon the functions of normal buildings too.

Can you make custom buildings that function like commercial, residential, etc?

Watching Skye build his container 'park', it kinda looks like you can set the entertainment output as well - or is it just a static function of the size?

I would be interested to know that too. Anyone?

Tiu Neo

ya know nuuvem getting that key about 5 hours ago so I could play it at work would have been pretty awesome. Ahh well, guess I'll spend tomorrow playing it instead!

Would make no difference, you can put the game on your list, but it'll still won't let you download and play until the game is out.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
To get everything, I think a lot of people are going to have to sign up still. But you will get the first two things regardless of referrals, yes.

Yes people, sign up! We want cherry blossoms :p

red731

System requirements now in the OP.

Should I stay up to wait for the unlock...

I rethinked my UT plan and when I'll get home, I will sleep, then wake up, start the DL, prepare coffee and prepare to be groggy next day at work.
ed: Chariot, my man!

Is anyone running this on a Macbook Pro Retina.

i7 quad core 2.3 Ghz
8gb Ram
1gb GT 650m

if I can get at least medium performance, i'll bite. I don't want to buy it if it chugs early on in the game! Thanks!

I have this same Mac Book Retina but with 16GB Ram. I would like to know if my Graphics card can handle it though? It's an Intel Iris Pro. I have no clue what that is.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So I need some explanation about the asset editor. So it looks like you can use these creations in a normal, achievement-based game, correct? It also looks like assets are based upon the functions of normal buildings too.

Can you make custom buildings that function like commercial, residential, etc?

Watching Skye build his container 'park', it kinda looks like you can set the entertainment output as well - or is it just a static function of the size?

Anyways, I love his container park idea. Looks like a very thematic way to bring entertainment to an industrial area.

What about farms? Right now the farming industrial buildings are one of the more disappointing parts of this game, because they look so tiny. Would someone be able to build a large farming industrial asset - something that looks like a big field - and still be functional for industrial output?

omgomgomg only like 6 more hours

The ingame editor only allows for "park" style functions, no shopping/farming etc. Basically its a empty building lot that you can outfit with decoration objects (happiness) and some utility objects like parking lots.

Seanspeed

Banned
The ingame editor only allows for "park" style functions, no shopping/farming etc. Basically its a empty building lot that you can outfit with decoration objects (happiness) and some utility objects like parking lots.
That's a bit of a bummer.

Are existing buildings re-designable? One of my few complaints from what I've seen is the fairly basic building variety and I was hoping it'd be possible to kind of spice it up.

Toma

That's a bit of a bummer.

Are existing buildings re-designable? One of my few complaints from what I've seen is the fairly basic building variety and I was hoping it'd be possible to kind of spice it up.

Not ingame, but give it a month or two and you will have a ton of mods to back you up.

Also:
WAAhMLn.jpg

wat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom