• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my code from GmG but I wish I had enough time to play it :(. What really sucks is heist taking me away from this game temporarily until tonight lol.

Shahadan

I remember Sim City 3000 having an editor where you could redesign and create anything. I think I spent more time there than on the actual game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well, there shouldn't be a key availability issue, I pre-purchased late last night and got my key an hour ago.

bjaelke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006942.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Cities: Skylines -- MB-1DDC2EEC7FF6A1E3 - Taken by Complex Shadow. 66 entrants total.

t1426002442z1.png
Happy launch day

chinoXL

this will be my first real city sim. i have the free version of sim city on android but this is on another level. thanks for the thread, going to buy it now

Shaldome

That's a bit of a bummer.

Are existing buildings re-designable? One of my few complaints from what I've seen is the fairly basic building variety and I was hoping it'd be possible to kind of spice it up.

You can load existing buildings and add Stuff like fences, benches and the like. You can also change the colour of the building. What you do not have is a method tho change the 3D model itself.

SZips

It's review time!

Here is my review for Total Gaming Network: http://totalgamingnetwork.com/content.php?2926-Cities-Skylines-Review-TGN-Total-Gaming-Network

Or a direct link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naHFvgWJcFg

I gave it a 4/5 noting a lack of some features (weather, seasons, day/night, disasters), just a few issues with traffic, and a few head scratching moments where the game's mechanics weren't very clear. I gave it huge praise for essentially delivering the game we all thought we were getting back in 2013, and then some. I also love the mod and custom asset support included right from the get-go.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Have you checked under games under your account? I just purchased and it was there instantly.

REALLY?????

I bought it over a week ago and my GMG key still hasn't shipped, not by email nor on the website. It still tells me that "keys are not available" which is total horseshit if you just bought it and got yours.... :(

killercow

PC Gamer Review:
http://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-review/

86/100

My cities, even the poorly planned ones that wound up filled with horrific traffic jams and uncollected corpses, were all fun to build, and I learned enough from each to make my next city better. For those who find building a city to Megalopolis status just a little too easy—and I think it is—there's a 'hard mode' included to increase the challenge. Conversely, for those who want completely unrestrained construction, there are modes for an unlimited bank account and the unlocking of all buildings at the start. Due to the map and asset editor, I suspect the Steam Workshop will quickly fill with custom creations. It ran very smoothly on my GeForce GTX 960, even when zipping and zooming the camera around in my biggest city. Top it off with Cities: Skylines' reasonable price, and I suspect no matter what your interest in city building, casual or intense, you'll find a lot here to like.

REALLY?????

I bought it over a week ago and my GMG key still hasn't shipped, not by email nor on the website. It still tells me that "keys are not available" which is total horseshit if you just bought it and got yours.... :(

I'm in the same boat.
Ordered a few weeks ago.
We cant play it yet so I dont mind waiting, theres still plenty of time to get one.

There was when I preordered it from GMG. I don't completely remember what I paid, but I think it was around $23-$24.

Yeah, this. A lot (at this point, most, it seems) of new PC titles get 20-25% discounts prior to release there. I can't remember the last major PC title I didn't get through GMG.

REALLY?????

The keys just got released today.

Doesn't matter when you ordered, you should have yours.

DrBo42

REALLY?????

I didn't have a key but then I went on the site and checked my orders, hit download for Cities: Skylines then went back to games and it populated a key. Probably coincidence but that shit was magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom